1:18 German Flak 88 in Gray!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Guess a bunch of stores are getting the gray Flak 88s!

***IMAGE USED FROM FOXHOLETOYS***

Foxholetoys.com has them on pre-order for $79.99!

It is a really nice detailed piece, assuming it doesn't come broken! It has lots of small easily breakable parts.

http://store.foxholetoys.com/1sc21cetoxdw52.html

Last edited:

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Looks good. Don't care about the way the weathered the tires though. Drybrushing just doesn't cut it for me on wheels. So what is it that everybody hates badcat for? I really only buy things off ebay, so I've never dealt with most online stores.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
There's a long list of reasons why we don't like badcat (Same with SmallJoes).

Mostly personal reasons, bad experiences, etc. But Badcat Rob came over here and pretended to be someone from China and tried causing all kinds of ruckus.. it was actually pretty funny (Wish we'd saved the Onwu saga!).

At this point I don't really care, but I'm not going to send any more business his way than I have to, but this is 1:18th scale news, so I'm not going to just stick my head up my ass and ignore it like other sites do..

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
It looks good, not 90 good. Hell that's almost what they are on e-bay and I don't need to paint it as much.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
so who is producing this? is 21st coming back, or is it an allgo, or a jsi, I'm confused. I know allgo and 21st went down, and the box is 21st, so whats going on. Is 21st coming back? Or were these just like backstock?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I imagine they were 21st produced, but 21st defaulted on payment to the Chinese manufacturers (JSI or someone else), so they never got shipped and were maybe held in limbo.. though who knows if that picture is actual product or a prototype.. it may come in a brown box :)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmmm. wants a FlaK 36.

Really doesn't want to pay 95 bucks after shipping for a crew-less FlaK 36.

Indy German mechanic would make an awesome FlaK crewman.

German mechanic is in an SDCC set because Hasbro is a collective of high-functioning retards and drunks.

Hates this hobby.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's about what the DAK retailed for. Shipping has increased 2-3 times since then, though.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
hmm... I wonder if this was due to

A) underestimated popularity and now they want to jack up the price to accommodate the "rarity" of it.

B) the place that had them realized, they were in fact the DAK version after all

C) everyone went to Foxhole instead.

either way, I bet this is gonna show those who wondered why some of hate badcat, we in fact, hate badcat. :D

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
"PREORDERS Suspended until further notice. Foxhole Toys has been made aware of a possible controversy surrounding ownership rights & packaging of this particular item. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience." Foxholes web page.

I really don't know how it could be a fucking controversy, it was made by 21st toys, retailers have them, why no sell? I fucking hate trademark and copyright law bullshit, it ruined Youtube and is now ruining the hobby. I'm moving to the moon fuck Earth.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It makes sense, on one hand. Depending on where the items came from, they could be selling "stolen" property or something, depending on how it was classified.

Of course the Chinese sellers want to offload it, but I imagine there are still some laws that apply to US sellers, since it was at some point belonging to a US company.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm with Ewok, idiots are running these companies.

melvin

Enlisted
May 15, 2011
These gray Flak 88s are all repainted by a Chinese model company called ZY Toys from the original desert paint.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
according to people on another forum (warbirds photos) piracy could be involved and there is a possible legal dispute involving All-Go. Apparently the dealer selling the 88's to retailers are acting shady and the story about the 88's being repainted is bogus.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
The 88MM looks so fucking cool in Panzer Grey. It's a shame that China sucks and companies like 21st century were too incompetent to get things right. I wish America still made stuff but NNNOOOOOooooooo, we had to sell our economic infrastructure out after the second world war to rebuild Europe and Japan and maintain a shaky global stability that is still as fragile as a cracked window during a hailstorm and then let what little we had left pack up and leave to China. Totally wasn't worth it, we should have just remained selfish bastards and let the rest of the world fuck off. At least then we'd have cool shit like the Panzer Grey 88 rather than a fist full of arctic Destros.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Well Crap there goes my chance of getting an 88, I can barely scrape up 60 dollars let alone another 30 for shipping. grrr.