2011 Canada Con Take Down Review

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Figure from the 2011 Canada Convention box set.

Take down is the Canuckles drill instructor. The figure is one of the better constructed of the set I feel. It does not have too many extras that make it bulky or unable to hold a weapon. One thing that does hinder that is the Roadblock type left hand made to hold a heavy weapon. If he came with one it would be perfect but it just seems a hair out of place.

I think he uses a Roadblock upper and arms. If so they basically pulled a "Ripcord" on him but did well with the execution. The head is a Slayer I believe and only problem is the flesh tones are a hair off. No biggie though. The paint on the head was well done for the detail put on 125 of this figure.

Lastly, the arm band is a nice feature but the sticker does make it look a lil' cheap. You really have to look on the back of it honestly to see but for the good execution on the figure this is probably the low point besides the "c#@k holding" hand. He also comes with one firearm.

I don't give figures numbers so please chime in and let's hear what you all think.

Attachments

• resize1.jpg
    resize1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 12
  • resize2.jpg
    resize2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 14
  • resize3.jpg
    resize3.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 15
  • resize4.jpg
    resize4.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 7
  • resize5.jpg
    resize5.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 14
  • resize6.jpg
    resize6.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 6
  • resize7.jpg
    resize7.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm betting he uses the torso and arms from this guy:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/08/viper18.shtml

And the legs from this one:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/08/scrapiron5.shtml

The reason I say this, is due to the other parts that they used with this set seem to be pulled from the same set. The Snow Serpents are divided between 3 of the others, and would dye easily. The Arctic set was also readily available in outlet stores, as I got about 3 sets for $17 each and there were plenty on the shelves of all the Rite-Aids near me... 125 sets, though, that's impressive, but I'm assuming that's where the majority came from.

I think the paint apps are a bit sloppy on some of these guys, but again, they made 125 by hand, so QC isn't going to be perfect. I still give them props for making 125 of these. I quit after making 3 fixed Tele-Viper customs, because I got tired of making the same custom over and over.