Acid Rain World 1:18th Toys

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's what XE has as the current rate exchange as.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
$130-150 for a vehicle like that, that isn't massed produced, really isn't that bad. You'd pay that much for a resin model kit that comes unassembled and unpainted and that in the end, wouldn't move one joint.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, it's a boutique piece and it has the price to match. I won't be buying the vehicles because they don't appeal to me. If they did the price would probably be less of a deterrent giving the low numbers made.

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
Sick photo:

CANNOT WAIT FOR THESE!

Love the fact that the figs are only a tenner!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pfft, the bad motherfucker on the left is what we need the 411 on.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
With a bunch more of these releasing in the coming weeks, I altered the thread's name assuming that this topic will be more active.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I really wish someone would do 1:18th scale (not Hasbro "1:18th" scale) transforming GIJOE vehicles with the same kind of attention to detail and painting that's been applied to this stuff...I might be more tempted to plunk down the big bucks...

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I'm not trying to be a hater. Some of the vehicles are interesting even if they aren't very practical. I just saw a figure review at "the site that shall not be named" and I've got to tell you. If it wasn't for the haphazard weathering, I would think these were cheap imitations.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I'm not trying to be a hater. Some of the vehicles are interesting even if they aren't very practical. I just saw a figure review at "the site that shall not be named" and I've got to tell you. If it wasn't for the haphazard weathering, I would think these were cheap imitations.

I just looked at that review, and with a closer look at the figure I can say I'm not as impressed as I might have been at first glance. I might still pick up one or two for review, and I'll certainly reserve the rest of my judgement till I have one in hand, but it doesn't look as awesome as I had thought.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
The only thing that discourages me is the skinny arms. I still plan on picking up some of the figures but the vehicles are out of my budget.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I just looked at that review, and with a closer look at the figure I can say I'm not as impressed as I might have been at first glance. I might still pick up one or two for review, and I'll certainly reserve the rest of my judgement till I have one in hand, but it doesn't look as awesome as I had thought.

This. I'm still getting them for sure but they may need some modding when I get them in hand.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wow!...that site looks super cool!...I'm joining up stat! thanks for the link!...I'm never coming back here!

So is that their silly fear there when links are posted to anywhere else or is it something else?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Wow!...that site looks super cool!...I'm joining up stat! thanks for the link!...I'm never coming back here!

So is that their silly fear there when links are posted to anywhere else or is it something else?

[insert laughing emoticon that we don't have]

Who fucking knows. It's crazy how insecure and childish they act. Especially for somebody who always brags about their membership, access, news and ability to take photos etc.

It just makes it all more enjoyable when they steal ideas, feel threatened and panic over sites like us and OG13. :whatever:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Heh...they're like those horrifically jealous boyfriends...and the membership are the girls who keep getting abused but don't leave...dumb b!tches :rolleyes:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Figure the designers are going after GI Joe fans so they probably feel that brings the m9st attention. They priced it just a bit below FSS fivures and over there is a lot more suck...... true fans that pay too much cor figures. We do not want to pay crazy prices here but the reality is sometimes you have to on small run items and new companies. Hell, we gripe about $11/figure on the Germans. We just do not fit the client they are probably going for and are a smaller place. Seems the one admin there was really gung ho about the line so I would imagine he did whatever possible to get them in hand.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The weathering isn't very good at all. The only joint I see that Joes don't have is the upper thigh hip swivel, so they aren't vastly better articulated than Joes. What they did do, however, is sacrifice sculpt detail and aesthetics for enhanced range of motion. Not a bad thing necessarily, just an observation.

I'd love to get one and review it. I have a pretty good spiel working up on weathering and where/how it should be done.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I don't like the hips. I don't like the way the ankle meets the boot. I don't like the knees.

In the side by side photo with Shipwreck, they could have stoop Shipwreck up straighter to show that he's almost a head taller than the figure.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I'm all for articulation but the way some companies approach it, completely contrasts with my personal philosophy when adding range of motion. I like double jointed knees but the two joints don't need 85 degree motion apiece. 60 is more than enough.

In terms of detail, these sculpts are generic. No detailing of any gear etc. I don't need Liefeld pouch overload but I at least need the representation that they plan on fighting past one mag.

As much as we gripe about Joes, it's overpriced stuff like this that shows they're still king.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
I might pick up the 2 pack with the statue, I wish I could justify the space/money on more than that, but I just can't. They're impressive, but flawed.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think the lack of detail works in a customizers' favor. I'm already thinking of the potential. I should be able to get a Dragon zeltbhan AND load carrying belt on that thing.

My bigger concern is will the hands be useful for anything other than the supplied rifle?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I think the lack of detail works in a customizers' favor. I'm already thinking of the potential. I should be able to get a Dragon zeltbhan AND load carrying belt on that thing.

I agree. I like the blank look of the vest...but will wait for the inevitable castor to get it in their store before I buy these guys.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

My bigger concern is will the hands be useful for anything other than the supplied rifle?

If they were $10. Yes. But they aren't so I expect a finished product, not something I'm going to have to alter.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If they were $10. Yes. But they aren't so I expect a finished product, not something I'm going to have to alter.

I can see your point.

Still, I'd rather pay 20 for these than whatever the garbage the Joe club is peddling.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
The admins here could learn a thing or two from them if they want free stuff.

Actually, we reach out to companies quite a bit. Since we are smaller and do not have sponsors that carry lines of toys we pretty much get blown off. Not much to learn when we are most likely doing what other places are. :thumbsup:

TheVP

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2013
I think they are ok as generic army building figs go...I might get one but won't be getting alot of them,...but im more excited for the vehicles than the figures though from what I hear I might have to sell one of my kidneys on the black market to afford one, lol

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think they are ok as generic army building figs go...I might get one but won't be getting alot of them,...but im more excited for the vehicles than the figures though from what I hear I might have to sell one of my kidneys on the black market to afford one, lol

Same...but I'm not gonna cough up the dough...

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Pfft...in this day and age of run and gun video game shooters, who needs more than one mag. That's what the respawn is for.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've already harvested the accessories from my NJ for this fella (maybe).