Agent Carter

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I liked her in the role, so here's hoping it's good.

I'd love to see a figure line, but there's zero chance of that.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
NSA:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Could be interesting.. would be good if its as they said, and it's a shorter series that fits in between the SHIELD mid-season hiatus. They could even work the plots together I bet..

Where whatever she's working on in the olden days is directly relevant to the future plots..

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I can't honestly say I'm stoked for this...I'll tune in of course, but I'm just kinda meh on it at this point...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If SHIELD hadn't happened first, I think it would've made more sense, following-wise. Of course, I doubt an Agent Carter solo-series would have the draw that SHIELD had, so clearly they made the smarter decision by having SHIELD come first.

If it's a between-season fill-in, that's pretty smart of them. Much better than trying to run them concurrently, which wouldn't be a smart move, especially considering they can't really do much of a "crossover" effect. (Well, I guess they could, but it'd involve some weird time-travel or something a bit too forced, if you ask me.)

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
If it's a between-season fill-in, that's pretty smart of them. Much better than trying to run them concurrently, which wouldn't be a smart move, especially considering they can't really do much of a "crossover" effect. (Well, I guess they could, but it'd involve some weird time-travel or something a bit too forced, if you ask me.)

God I hope they don't use Time Travel.

what makes you think they would use time travel?

I don't, but I was merely responding to Rex stating I hope they don't.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I C.

@Rex, What makes you think they will use time travel?

I don't, you retards! I was saying that's one way to tie the series together (or some other lame way).

I hope they don't tie together other than maybe a villain or MacGuffin gets introduced in Carter and picks up in SHIELD or something of that nature, versus something cheesy like time travel.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd be totally cool with time travel only if Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd are involved...and the Delorean...it would also tie in Coulsons hover converted Vette :D

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I'd be totally cool with time travel only if Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd are involved...and the Delorean...it would also tie in Coulsons hover converted Vette :D

Yeah they could have Lola as having been Peggy's main get around, but that model of 'vette is too new for Peggy's 1940's/50's era. I suppose they could show her driving an older model, and then later on in MAoS Coulson finds Peggy's car to replace the now messed up Lola (though it looked like they should be able to fix her IF they get the chance).

I think it'll be cool to see them show the development of early SHIELD, and how they built the infrastructure for it. The building of the Vault, the Fridge, the Cube, the Hub, and so on. Every time they have need of a new place to house this, or that Howard has to foot the bill I guess. They'll probably also show them trying to recreate Erskine's super soldier serum (with some tragic results).

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Heh, I was wondering who the heck Agent Carter was. How could I have forgotten? Ah yeah, I'm definitely on board. She's hot, badass and has a great accent. I would love to see Agent Carter Easter eggs pop up in the following SHIELD season (not time travel, but maybe locations and remnants or some such). Also love the potential for Commandos and Stark appearances.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I'm glad this is going ahead. I hope they use the credit sequence from the one-shot as the show's titles.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Boy, those first 2 episodes sucked.

Sucked? Nah they weren't GREAT, but they were an ok start. Definitely some good era banter, and it was VERY accurate to how the women of the 40's were treated. That formula Howard came up with was pretty interesting to say the least. Over all I liked the episodes. There was action, comedy, and even showed allot heart in a few scenes. I loved how she handled that guy in the dinner. THAT part was DEFINITELY great. Not the best scene of the whole show, but I was like yeah I've seen people like that in restaurants, and wanted to do something similar to them.

That guy? That guy?! That was fucking Farva!

I really enjoyed Diana Prince: Agent of SHIELD. :)

I'm going to have to re watch the second half. It didn't have enough to it to keep me from falling asleep.

It was pretty much what I expected it to be. preview for the next episode looks good. (Dugan will be in it.)

Boy, those first 2 episodes sucked.

My wife said this morning. "You missed the preview for next week, it had the bowler hat guy in it, you like him right?" She also said I missed the Antman trailer. I fixed that already. Thanks Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xInh3VhAWs8

Moved these here.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks Medd I forgot we even had a thread for Ms Carter's show.

The Antman trailer wasn't really that much of a trailer. It pretty much showed allot of stuff we've already seen, and knew about. It was still pretty cool though.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I really liked the jumping shrink scene in the Ant-Man trailer. It looked how I'd always imagined it would.

As for Agent Carter, I really enjoyed it, despite my flippant comment above. The plot was a little ''and then we go here and then this happens and we get a clue'' follow-the-breadcrumbs but the performances were great, the script was funny without being all ''Hey, Pop Culture!'' Whedon-ish (the Captain America radio show was great) and even my wife - who really doesn't like superhero stuff - enjoyed it.

I think the reason it worked was that it has an emotional core. I found myself interested not just in the Evil Guy Plot (and that dude with the printed cards was awesome) but also in the characterization of Carter and the world she finds herself in - which was, again, why the radio show was so funny. Definitely way better than AoS in terms of character and writing.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not as bad as I expected. I think I like it more than I do AoS. :eek: Though, as usual, little things did get under my skin.

So the whole entire Roxxon gets complex gets smashed and condensed down to a giant ball. Cool, fine, I'll buy that. BUT they somehow find a crane strong enough to lift that ridiculously heavy condensed ball and then place all that weight on that sissy little truck? :talktothehand: That truck would be a pancake under all that weight. Why not make it more believable and just show the SSR dudes at the Roxxon location?

Am I the only person that was bothered by that?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Not as bad as I expected. I think I like it more than I do AoS. :eek: Though, as usual, little things did get under my skin.

So the whole entire Roxxon gets complex gets smashed and condensed down to a giant ball. Cool, fine, I'll buy that. BUT they somehow find a crane strong enough to lift that ridiculously heavy condensed ball and then place all that weight on that sissy little truck? :talktothehand: That truck would be a pancake under all that weight. Why not make it more believable and just show the SSR dudes at the Roxxon location?

Am I the only person that was bothered by that?

Uuuuh... Maybe the concussive blast actually did destroy some parts of it, and that was all that was left?

The bomb reminded me of the wormhole-bombs that the Dark Elves used in Thor 2.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Enter Stan Lee

Besides cool characters and an interconnected world, one thing the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s many branches have in common is their Stan Lee cameos. With the legendary comic creator’s cameos now numbering in the double digits, the roles just keep coming – the latest appearance coming to Agent Carter.

According to Variety, Lee will be making his debut on the January 27 episode of the series, titled “The Blitzkrieg Button.â€￾ And fittingly given the Marvel universe’s biggest star, Lee will be sharing a moment with Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper).

Despite Marvel’s continued penchant for placing Lee in bit parts, there are some who find his appearances distracting (claiming that the cameos pull audiences out of the film). These detractors seem to be in the minority, considering that last three years have been cause for celebration – Lee included – as The Avengers and Iron Man 3 both crossed one billion dollars worldwide while Guardians of the Galaxy was the highest grossing domestic box-office hit of 2014.

As for Agent Carter, the series debuted to good but not earth-shattering ratings last week. Scoring around six million overall with a 4.7 in demo, Carter failed to achieve the massive numbers seen by Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in its 2013 series premiere. However, Carter’s performance was an improvement over S.H.I.E.L.D.’s current standing – despite the fact the series has actually become much better in its sophomore season.

agent carter marvel movies connection Marvels Agent Carter To Feature Stan Lees Next Cameo

For now, Carter’s big concern will be holding on to the audience it has, particularly in the 18-49 demo. 4.7 is nothing to shake a fist at, and will be something that lands the series a renewal of its own should ABC be considering the option for next year’s break in between Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. runs – which, again, also remain contingent on ABC actually renewing S.H.I.E.L.D. for a third season.

All that said, ABC is in a good place with Marvel considering that in addition to Carter and S.H.I.E.L.D., ABC Studios has a stake in the upcoming slate of Netflix series set to debut this coming April, beginning with Daredevil, and eventually leading to the Defenders (an 8-part mini-series featuring stars from Daredevil, as well as Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist).

Agent Carter airs Tuesdays at 9/8c on ABC.

Source: Variety

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I think the biggest problem with the show is that it's not self-contained episodes. Personally I like that and have never understood that ''oh, I can't follow a story from one week to the next, where do I start if I miss an episode?'' thing. I mean, it's not like their are soap operas that have been running FOR DECADES that don't attract new viewers, so why would somebody be put off because they missed an episode or think they can't commit to watching an entire series? And given that anybody with an Internet connection can stream the episodes from ABC's site then the excuses become weaker.

What I do find annoying, though, is that it's now off the air for 2 weeks. It's no wonder shows fail to hold audiences when the scheduling keeps them bouncing around.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
What I do find annoying, though, is that it's now off the air for 2 weeks. It's no wonder shows fail to hold audiences when the scheduling keeps them bouncing around.

It was orginally an 8 week run, but the powers at ABC decided to run the 1st 2 episodes back to back. (Good move at it made it more of an event & the 1st ep alone may not have held onto as many people who traditional drop off after the 1st airing.)

It's a mini series so the fact that the show's arc last for all 8 eps makes sense. Most people who see this (in the long run) will stream all 8 eps in a marathon since its really a long movie.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
It was orginally an 8 week run, but the powers at ABC decided to run the 1st 2 episodes back to back. (Good move at it made it more of an event & the 1st ep alone may not have held onto as many people who traditional drop off after the 1st airing.)

It's a mini series so the fact that the show's arc last for all 8 eps makes sense. Most people who see this (in the long run) will stream all 8 eps in a marathon since its really a long movie.

It's fine if they changed the premiere to a back-to-back double bill but don't interrupt the airing because of that. Stick a repeat on (or whatever they're filling the gap with) at the end of the run...!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
At least we have Flash, and Arrow back next week. So we'll skip a week of Marvel, and have some DC, and then we have Marvel, AND DC back again the next week.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
It's fine if they changed the premiere to a back-to-back double bill but don't interrupt the airing because of that. Stick a repeat on (or whatever they're filling the gap with) at the end of the run...!

They can't stick what they are filling in with next week at the end. It's the State of the Union address. They are only missing one week of air time and will be back on the 27th.