All of the extremist killings in the US in 2018 had links to right-wing extremism

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Every extremist killing in the US in 2018 had a link to a right-wing extremism, according to a new report from the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism.

The report zeroes in on incidents such as the high school shooting in Parkland, Florida, in February 2018, and the mass shooting at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in October 2018.

There were at least 50 extremist-related killings in the US in 2018, according to the report, making it the fourth-deadliest year on record for domestic extremist-related killings since 1970.

“The extremist-related murders in 2018 were overwhelmingly linked to right-wing extremists,” the report states. “Every one of the perpetrators had ties to at least one right-wing extremist movement, although one had recently switched to supporting Islamist extremism. White supremacists were responsible for the great majority of the killings, which is typically the case.”

Guns were involved in the vast majority of the killings – 42 of out 50.
News Link: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/extremist-killings-links-right-wing-extremism-report-2019-1

Actual study link: https://www.adl.org/murder-and-extremism-2018

Thoughts? I am looking through it now, but even at a casual glance it seems like a story where they had the conclusion first, and found the data to match.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Okay.. so for some reason their list only contains 17 'incidents' that they consider 'extremist-related murders' in 2018. The study says every killing had a "link" to right wing extremism.

Let's go through the list and see how they came to this conclusion..

Tallahassee, Florida, November 2, 2018. Scott Paul Beierle opened fire at a yoga studio, killing two people and wounding four others by gun-fire and a fifth by pistol-whipping before killing himself. Beierle had posted videos to social media containing racist and misogynistic commentary, expressing hostility towards women who engaged in interracial relationships and referring admiringly to misogynistic killer Elliott Rodger.
So from this article it seems like this guy was very much a loner/incel/loser type, though he did have a low opinion of Obama and "Shrillary". Are incels automatically right wing? I never really connected that directly, but maybe. The killings seem based simply on his incel-dom and not to do with anything political.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, October 27, 2018. White supremacist Robert Bowers murdered 11 people and injured seven more, including four police officers, during services at the Tree of Life Synagogue. Bowers was a virulent anti-Semite who, among other things, blamed Jews for orchestrating the immigration of non-whites into the United States.
Yep! Racist! This one is pretty open and shut.

Renton, Washington, September 19, 2018. White supremacist Jeremy Shaw, who owned a small roofing business called Aryan Enterprises, was arrested along with his wife, Lorena, in connection with an alleged plot to murder Steven Morphis and steal his property through an adverse possession scheme. Morphis was beaten with a blunt instrument and his throat was slashed. Detectives who searched Jeremey Shaw’s home found a number of Nazi- and white supremacist-themed items. He was charged with homicide, burglary and arson; Lorena was charged with burglary, arson and rendering criminal assistance.
His business was called Aryan Enterprises? :messenger_beaming:. Reading up on this.. they had some cockamamie plan to take over this guys life.. I couldn't find any info on the victim other than he was a 67 year old Star Trek fan who worked for Boeing. So, yeah, I guess this has a racist link.. but the actual crime had nothing to do with extremism.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, August 19, 2018. White supremacist Joden Rocco was charged with homicide after stabbing an African-American man to death outside a bar after he and a friend were denied entry. Rocco allegedly made an Instagram video earlier that day discussing how he and his friends were going to go to bars to see how many times they could repeat the “n-word” before being kicked out.
Well, he certainly seems like a racist asshole. This link says he had a bunch of Facebook "likes" that were alt-right'ish meme pages. I guess that gets you considered an extremist now?

Sumter, South Carolina, August 11, 2018. Demetrius Alexander Brown, a self-proclaimed Moorish sovereign citizen, was arrested for the fatal shooting of Sharmine Pack following a dispute about a vehicle sale at an auto repair shop.
Hmm. He's black, but considered himself a sovereign citizen so he didn't think laws pertained to him? I guess that's sorta kinda right wing? I dunno. The murder also didn't have any direct link to any kind of extremism that I could find.

Robstown, Texas, July 27, 2018. Richard Starry shot and killed four relatives at a local nursing center and at his home in an apparent act of domestic violence before killing himself. According to local media, Starry had been a member of a white supremacist group while in prison.
He killed his father and step mother (and family). The only link says he was in a white supremacists group in prison (in the 90s). I couldn't find anything linking him to any kind of extremism outside of that.

Shawnee, Kansas, July 6, 2018. Ronald Lee Kidwell, a tattooed white supremacist who liked to take photographs of himself wrapped in the Confederate flag, was arrested for the murder of an African-American woman, MeShon Cooper, who was stabbed to death. One neighbor claimed to reporters that Kidwell, who had a prior history of assaults, targeted victims based on race, pretending to be friendly, then attacking them. Kidwell himself allegedly told police that he killed Cooper because she had ostensibly threatened to tell others he was HIV-positive.
What a weird, fucked up kinda guy. Seemed pretty racist, but also dated (and raped) black women. I guess this qualifies?

Camden, Michigan, June 30, 2018. Anti-government extremist Joshua Daniel Miller was arrested for the shooting death of Eddie Coleman Heathcoe. Miller allegedly got into an argument with his ex-wife at the home she shared with Heathcoe. Miller was involved with militia and Three Percenter groups.
Seemed to be a "militia" fan, maybe a member.. posted a lot about the 2nd amendment online. the crime wasn't anything to do with that though.

Dothan, Alabama, June 4, 2018. James Mathis, a member of the Georgia-based white supremacist prison gang Ghostface Gangsters, and his wife, Amanda Oakes, allegedly killed their six-month-old son and put his body in a freezer in a hotel room. The couple fled to Florida where they were arrested following a carjacking attempt.
Racist? Probably. Piece of shit? Absolutely. Extremist? I.. uh maybe? I'm starting to see a pattern here, where people who have, at any point, been affiliated with racists/etc gets added to this list. These fuckers killed their baby and stuck it in a fridge. Didn't have anything to do with extremism though. Looking at them, it was probably drugs.

Athens, Georgia, May 11, 2018. Following a family argument, Malachi Qaadir Dorns, 19, stabbed his mother and older brother multiple times, wounding his mother and killing his brother. In an earlier arrest, Dornss told police that he was a sovereign citizen.
He's also black, another "sovereign citizen". Still don't really see how that fits on this list, but whatever.

Abingdon, Virginia, May 4, 2018. Roger Melvin Tackett was charged with first degree murder and other crimes after fatally shooting an acquaintance following a dispute. According to police, Tackett has multiple white supremacist tattoos.
Racist asshole with racist asshole tattoos commits non-racist crime. To the list!

Nashville, Tennessee, April 22, 2018. Travis Reinking opened fire inside a Waffle House, killing four people and wounding or injuring four more. Reports from co-workers and police officers who had previously known or encountered Reinking stated that he was a sovereign citizen. However, Reinking also has a serious history of mental illness and the shooting appears to have been non-ideological in nature; he has been ruled incompetent to stand trial.
A white sovereign citizen! Though he is so crazy he's not even on trial.. to the list?

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, March 17, 2018. White supremacist John Daniel Carothers was charged with first degree murder, eight counts of reckless endangerment and one count of aggravated arson after he allegedly deliberately set fire to his African-American roommate at a Veteran Affairs home. Carothers allegedly confessed to the crime in a letter to a white supremacist group.
""My Name is John D Carothers and I believe The Bible is about White People and for White People," Carothers wrote". Welp, seems like a racist shitheel.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, March 12, 2018. Corey Johnson, 17, killed a 13-year-old and severely injured two others in a stabbing spree during a sleepover. One victim was stabbed 32 times but survived. Johnson was charged as an adult with first-degree murder and attempted first-degree murder. He had a long history of violent tendencies and extremist beliefs, including an interest in white supremacy. However, in the year before the attack he had become interested in radical Islam (and had even been reported to the FBI by local law enforcement). After his arrest, Johnson reportedly told investigators he had stabbed his victims “because of his Muslim faith.”
So the actual crime was due to his Islamic faith, but at some point he had an interest in white supremacy? Okay.

Locust Grove, Georgia, February 19, 2018. Tierre Guthrie, a Moorish sovereign citizen, shot and killed a Locust Grove police officer when the officer and two Henry County sheriff’s deputies tried to take Guthrie into custody for a failure to appear warrant. Both deputies were wounded but survived. Guthrie, who was himself shot four times in the firefight, died at the scene.
Another black "sovereign citizen".. that makes 4/17 sovereign citizen, with 3/17 black.

Parkland, Florida, February 14, 2018. Nikolas Cruz launched a deadly shooting spree at his former high school, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, killing 17 people and wounding 17 more. According to CNN, Cruz, 19, belonged to a racist Instagram group and hated blacks and Jews, even claiming Jews wanted to destroy the world. Cruz also allegedly referred to women who engaged in interracial relationships as “traitors.” A South Florida Sun-Sentinel article reported that Cruz had racist and Nazi symbols on his backpack and that he had etched swastikas onto ammunition magazines left behind at the school after the shooting. However, little evidence has so far emerged to suggest that the MSDHS shooting spree itself was conducted as a white supremacist attack.
This one seems to be the most open and shut, he hated immigrants, Jews, etc. The actual incident seems more personal, since he wasn't expressly targeting these groups he hated, but I'd be confident in saying he was a right-wing extremist.

Orange County, California, January 2, 2018. White supremacist Samuel Woodward, a member of the neo-Nazi group Atomwaffen, was arrested for the stabbing death of Blaze Bernstein, a former high school acquaintance. Woodward allegedly stabbed Bernstein 20 times in the face and neck before burying him in a shallow grave. Woodward was charged with first-degree murder with a hate crime enhancement (Bernstein was Jewish and gay).
Stabbed a gay Jew and he belonged to the Atomwaffen? That's pretty right wing extremist.

-----------

Okay.. so reviewing this, as noted previously, 4/17 of these were "sovereign citizens" who basically said laws don't apply to them. None of their crimes seemed to be extremist in nature. I'd say these are all a stretch to even be on here. 3/4 of these people were black.

Bowers (tree of life murders), Corey Johnson (Islam), and the Atomwaffen guy (3/17) seem like the only ones where the actual CRIME was directly related to their extremism. You know, I'll add Rocco on there as well, cause he was looking for trouble with the N-word. 4/17.

10/17 of these seem like racists, though most of their crimes were not racist in nature or driven by racism.

I suppose the article and study hedge their facts by saying "link" to right-wing extremism.. but that really feels kinda forced in a lot of these cases. Being in a white supremacist gang in prison in the 90s, and then having no other link (that I could find) since then makes me think it's not really tied to extremism.

I think the fact that the "easy to digest" version of this story and the headline is all people are gonna read is stupid.

Look at the stories out there:

The Root "Who Broke a Record for Extremist Killings in 2018? (Spoiler Alert: It Was White People)": https://www.theroot.com/who-broke-a-record-for-extremist-killings-in-2018-spo-1831987223
Algemeiner "Murders by US Right-Wing Extremists in 2018 at Highest Peak in Over Two Decades": https://www.algemeiner.com/2019/01/...k-in-over-two-decades-new-adl-report-reveals/
Jpost "35% RISE IN EXTREMIST MURDERS IN U.S., MOTIVATED BY FAR RIGHT POLITICS - ADL": https://www.jpost.com/American-Politics/Beneath-rise-in-extremist-murders-ADL-sees-a-political-trend-line-578385
Independant "Right-wing terrorists killed three times more people in US than Islamists in past decade with attacks soaring in 2018": https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/right-wing-terrorists-murder-far-right-islamist-anti-defamation-league-adl-a8742476.html

etc etc. You KNOW most of the people who see that article are only going to take away the headline and maybe a stat or two and tweet it out or post it on their Facebook and never look into the actual info.

I absolutely think there are a lot of racist assholes in the US who do bad things, sometimes because of their racist belief.. but even if you go off this study alone, most times its bad people doing bad things, without any other motive. This doesn't even take into account gang or other organized crime, which I think is odd. Is that not extreme? I dunno.

Would love if anyone else has a different interpretation of this?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Says the ADL? Take anything they say on the subject with the monsterious grain of salt. They're ridiculously biased. They loath Christianity and whites. They are basically "fake news". Same can be said of SPLC.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Looks like they just found a bunch of crimes by a-holes that adhere to some kind of extremist agenda that has been labeled “right wing” and labeled said crime as an “extremist” crime. So no beheadings by by extremist Muslims in 2018?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Oh, I know. Also, see this blurb they tossed in the end:

The main limitation of cross-movement comparisons is that extremist connections to killings are easier to determine for some movements than for others. For example, white supremacists, who often display many racist and white supremacist tattoos, or who may be documented as white supremacists by gang investigators or corrections officials, are often more easily identifiable. In contrast, it may be more difficult for police or media to identify a suspect’s anti-government extremist associations. This issue comes up more often with non-ideological killings. It is likely that non-ideological murders committed by extremists other than white supremacists are underrepresented in ADL’s data.
The fact that these murders and crimes were committed isn't up for debate, these are all real.. but I feel it's stretched when you read into the details to link these to "ring wing extremists". Heck, 3 of them were black, and 1 was a follower of Islam!

But the story is written in such a way to cover themselves, but the usual suspects run with the headline, and you know most people don't read into a story, they just retain the headline, maybe some facts, and tweet it out like its gospel.

A lot of the right-leaning websites do the same thing with their stories, and when you start to pick it apart you see how they craft the story for their own audiences. "Fake news" is a very real thing, on both sides.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I could easily do the exact same study and come to the conclusion that all of the incidents are "linked" to bologna sandwiches. Every one of those people had eaten a sandwich with Oscar Mayer lunch meats on it at some point in the previous decade, and thus, the missing bologna link has been found.

It's so tenuous that you could literally make them "link" to damn near anything. And to the people who make up fake news, anything resembling proximity automatically equals causation. But that's what we do now. We make up a story, connect the non-existent dots, and scream "SEE! SEE! I TOLD YOU! _______ (that I don't like) IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!!!"

"journalism"... hahahahahaha

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
And what even is their definition of whatever supremisim they are defining? They call anyone who wants a wall a white supremacist. They call someone in a MAGA hat a white supremacist. These people are creating crazy loose definitions on purpose so that they can craft whatever narrative they need to on demand and write a scary headline that no one with a brain will look further in to. You truly have to consider the sources. Their enemy is anyone opposed to communism. So when they suddenly vilify anyone to the right of the far left, you have to wonder, is this information reliable? Will it ever be? I mean, they could be writing truth, but after enough crying wolf, people will just tune them out.

It's no wonder alt-media is getting so crazy popular while traditional media is dying out. Alt-media is regularly exposing the propaganda of the yellow media and gaining trust. Which is exactly why "they must be censored!!". Morons. By doing that, they expose themselves as the enemy of the people even further.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Lets assume that their reporting was 100% bang on. With stats like the below, I just wouldn't care. Extremist killings aren't the problem, diversity is. Sorry not sorry.

Slightly old? Sure. Has it changed much? Yeah, but probably for the worst.