Alpine

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I like alot of people don't have the 25th alpine yet. So I got TofuJesse's headcast to fill the void in my collection. I do plan on getting him at some point so I didnt want to try to make a mirror image, nor did I have the parts. So I put this together. I figure a mountain climber would be built so I didnt mind using a Roadblock base. Thanks for looking.

BL4CK5H33P

99 probs - don't be #100
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas City, Missouri (misery)
Great job Medd... I like the warmer weather look you went with (ALPINE always brings a winter theme to my mind)... what color is the brighter green... I have a project in mind that has a multi-green colorscheme & I need something to break up the OD & Forest colors...

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thanks guys

SH33P, All colors are mixed from primaries, white, black, and polycrylic finish coat semi-gloss (I mix that into flat colors to get that hasbro toy shine, not quite flat, but not quite gloss). I also used silver. That bright green was made using base green and white till it was the brightness I wanted, I than slowly added a slight bit of yellow at a time till I got that particular shade.

Last edited:

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Love all the gear, what I would do to hit some crags in SoCal and do a little climbing or better yet hit up Little Corona for some bouldering along the water. Hmmmm sigh.

Would love to just get any Alpine figure. Never seen one in person.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It's not a bad base torso, and I like the paint apps. I just hate those dated Roadblock arms and legs. But there's not much to choose from, sadly. Jungle Ripcord from ROC? That'd be a decent modern base.

A torso and arms that I think would work great for a "streamlined" Alpine would be using Shadow Tracker, with different lower legs. Honestly, I'm considering making a custom Alpine using that head sculpt from tofujesse and then selling it. Just for the fun of it.

I like what you did with the rope, and the paint apps look fantastic. It's a cool color scheme, but those arms and legs irk me when I look at them.