Alternate universe section

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
So if I took the time to create a backstory and customize figures and vehicles, I should submit it there?

I can just play with my toys the way I want and nobody will judge me?

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I would say make it like the old. Only separate the sites altuni, From what others come up with like joeverse's and stuff like that. So you can go to either topic. Instead of rooting though the other custom threads. Just my 2 cents.

bigdaddyblue73

Drunken Recon
Mar 15, 2011
I have a custom I want to post in this section. I think it fits in very well. IF it doesn't do I get in trouble?

bigdaddyblue73

Drunken Recon
Mar 15, 2011
Okay here is my submission fot the Fighting 1:18 Universe Custom. I kind of imagined this one to be a desert environment German soldier. IF it doesn't fit you can just move or delete the pics:

Attachments

• customs 012.jpg
    customs 012.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 13
  • customs 009.jpg
    customs 009.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 10
  • customs 010.jpg
    customs 010.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 9
  • customs 011.jpg
    customs 011.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 9

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
BWHAHAHAHA. my plan is working. my wife has begun to forget about those AT-STs. The one I listed didn't sell and she has yet to mention it, nor has she said anymore about them and they sit downstairs. Soon I shall unleash the mighty beasts and they become part of the mighty Reich!!!!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think it needs 2 things:

It's own thread.

Some German accessories.

;)

custer7thcav

Officer
Mar 15, 2011
Chicago IL suburbs
Bigdaddyblue--that is a frigging awesome custom!!!

Like the use of the destro resolute long coat fig and the Beachhead POC helmet and the lowlight backpack. ( I think those are where they are from--am I close?)

bigdaddyblue73

Drunken Recon
Mar 15, 2011
Actually the backpack is from POC Firefly. I dremeled off the round "nubs" where the mines attached and then used a pouch from some BBI/Peace Keepers figure and a set of pouches from POC Skydive. I used green stuff to make them fit better. The pouches on the figure are from POC Skydive and ROC IceViper I think.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So my story line, is that joeverse or alti? And if alti that means I need to have someone else in on it?

I plan to make my universe (The Final Crusade) a thread so where should I put it?

The original idea was that the alt-uni was a community developed universe that was to become a group build. That is why it had it's own forum. The alt-uni was a multi-era thing also. It started in world war II and customs could be made at any time. So WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Cold War, Modern, even the future.

K-Tiger, Cold Slither, Midget, and myself along with sporadic thoughts from others formed the foundation for the universe. Unfortunately no one wanted to join in so it began to look like it was just some special forum for K-tiger and I, which wasn't the case at all. A few others contributed, but not on a regular basis. K-tiger did the majority of the heavy lifting. Ron came in at the end with his epic army of guys.

As i said, i made the alt-uni it's own forum because it was supposed to be community based. If others had their own universe, that they created for themselves and simply wanted to share the labors, i figured they could post up their own uni specific threads. I think every customizer has their own universe, if we had a forum for each universe no one would bother posting in the regular customs forums. At least that is what i thought when i did it.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I'd like to see the WWII resurrected. I have a ton of ideas for figures, but not a whole lot of time or WWII gear to do them with. I really need to pick up some Dragon figures for the gear and parts. And some WWII vics for backdrops.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
We kinda changed this forum for a trial run. Lot's of peeps create customs that tie in together and give it a unique backstory. We figured this is a good place for those backstories and group shots. Individual customs can still be shown in the normal place, but this is where we learn about the reality that gave birth to the idea.

If people want to work cooperatively, like Nazi mecha, we can come up with something in the titles that show they belong together.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The problem with the original Alt.Uni was it was only ever populated by a few people (Ktiger, Paul, and sometimes some others), and it was not kept 'up' by anyone with any kind of vigor (much like everything else on this site).

Not everyone wanted to have their world be related to the Alternative WWII scenario.

Like PCS said, other people (Like Rick) have their own really good, detailed ideas, and I wanted to give them a place to go wild, without cluttering up other sections. If no one but him cares.. so be it, he can post stuff to his hearts content until someone else likes it.

Sames goes for my little world, I have ideas I want to play around with.. not for anyone else, but for me, and now I can keep things organized.

Obviously, like you said, if everyone has their own little ideas then it'll get very fragmented.. but I don't think MOST people are putting in the time and effort that Rick and you guys and I have into our customs 'world'. Which is why I put in the "need 2" idea to get your own area.. obviously Rick has put in enough time for 5 people.. so he gets a pass :)

I agree whole heartedly. Let everyone have a place to do their own thing. Plus it gives every a destination forum for that particular world. In my explanation i just wanted to make it clear that i wasn't purposely suppressing them. If it wasn't for the intended community build idea, then the WWII thing wouldn't have gotten it's own forum.