Anyone hear from Obi-Shinobi/Jeff lately?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
"
How else could we have pulled off the Dollar General warehouse Joe raid?"

Uhh....with the help of Albanian terrorists...like everyone else?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've just transitioned from the scale, mostly. Marauder's WWII might get me back to it, as I want to equip Acid Rain figures with that stuff.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Outside of a few choice items.. it's dead, Jim.

Customs I guess, but customs are only fun for so long without real releases to keep people interested. I still have a ton of my crap, but it's all stored away and I don't have the "bug" anymore to buy or collect.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
Harrisboon...er, I mean "burg", PA
Right on, that's pretty much me too. I mean... I had started down the figure design path, then more life happened. Had to back away from everything for awhile. Hell, I got rid of a lot of my collection stuff. Only kept select customs and whatnot. Oh... what a purge that was.

I've been thinking I want to pursue the figure idea again, but I'll see how the start-up funding goes.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Marauder seems to always do well, but I guess they've built up a strong fan base. The recent kickstarter for the vehicle thing didn't do very well, so who knows.

Figures seem easier to sell though, as the price point is usually lower and they can be more universal I suppose.

I feel like without some kind of active mass market line, there isn't very many new faces getting into the hobby, which means it's the same bunch of us old farts dicking around with the same releases and figures and.. meh. Everyone just gets jaded I suppose.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
Harrisboon...er, I mean "burg", PA
I'd love to see that. Boss Fight's are far too AD&D.
Exactly. I like what they've done with it overall, but definitely D&D. I think an accurate line would be bad-ass, but would it be bad-ass enough to dump money into. That's the real question. I mean... if I were someone like BFS or Marauder, being quite established, then maybe.