Best Video Game Trailers!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I could let slide a female partisan on the allied side. Or one of those supposed Soviet female snipers.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Might just be the last game I ever need to buy unless someone makes an updated WWII Pacific air campaign sim for Xbox.
You play War Thunder?
I kind of want to get COD: WWII when I make the leap to current gen., but I know I suck at FPS, so I don't see the point.:grumpy:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
When did the Nazi's stop using the swastika? Hah.. is that like, not allowed in games anymore?

Looks good though. I half wonder if, going forward, Nazi's and Zombies will just be linked in the public mind. We're almost coming up on 100 years since they started, so it makes sense that they'll become more mythological bad guys in the overall public mind.

I've missed a good WWII game though for sure. I need to try out.. Battlesh.. Battle.. Battlestations: Midway? Something like that. It's BC now on Xbox One (was a 360 game) and I remember really liking it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Alphabet agencies would have Waco-ed the fuck out of them IRL, but this a vidya game, so maybe the Feds just don't know?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I played the first one and it was the closest to an actual good Walking Dead game out there.. love the settlement building/etc.. and permadeath for characters.. I'm really looking forward to the 2nd one. I think it should also be coming to PC if you have a computer.. or get an Xbox and play with the rest of us!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Kinda funny seeing everyone lose their shit over a woman being included in the game..

I didn't really care for the trailer so much, it just have that "whoa, awesome" feeling I usually get with Battlefield trailers, I felt like they went too hard in trying to create a faux-game with how people talk to each other/etc.

Either way, it's gonna look great on the X, I can't wait.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It's weird.. the thing is when you're actually playing the game.. it's very much probably like that. Shit going off everywhere.. people crashing planes.. one man army holding off the horde.. tanks plowing through buildings.. the trailer seemed pretty representative of "battlefield moments".

That is fine and all, but I prefer my Battlefield trailers to be decidedly more.. epic? I guess? I don't know. Ultimately it probably doesn't matter as long as the gameplay is good.. but I feel like they could have done better with the trailer.. but then again.. the trailer feels like it was made for the 12-18 audience and maybe I'm just fucking old.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Not going to lie.. this gave me a huge boner

We were there at the briefing and my friend turned me and said Tomb Raider, and then we were like.. what the hell IS this? And then.. BAM. BONER ALERT. Such a good trailer.

The crowd went wild in the theater too.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The delay between releases (Halo 5 was in 2015 and this is at least a year or two out) gives me some hope that they're rejiggering things to be better. This evokes MUCH more of the original Halo tone and style.. so here's hoping. Halo Wars 2 also felt a lot more like "MY HALO!" so there is that. They also confirmed this is a Master Chief story not some other yahoo.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
To get me to bite they’ll have to get back to fighting the Covenant or even better, the breakaway colonies pre-Covenant. They also have to give me a long campaign with the option to turn off all the superhero powers and thrusters.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Battlefield V delayed a month. Considering EA's self-induced dumpsterfire, it's probably for the best.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I really want Skull & Bones to be good.. all they needed to do was make Assassins Creed IV without the assassins creed part. Last I heard it was going to be multiplayer only and you couldn't get off your ship.. will have to wait and see.

Hadn't heard about the BFV delay.. did they say why?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I haven't heard why, but I imagine it has to do with the backlash over that train wreck of a reveal. Battlefield has been in a slow spiral downward since BF3. BFV appears to be a sharp turn downward.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I thought the Gamescom trailer was BETTER.. but I still feel like they're missing the point somehow.

Obviously BF has never been 'realistic' in any sense, but it always made the battlefield FEEL realistic. You can jump out of a moving plane, fire a rocket launcher at the plane behind you and then get back in your plane.. but the sounds and scenery and music all made it feel like an epic realistic wargame.. so you're crazy stunts that you pull off feel even more epic.

BF V so far just kind of feels.. I don't know.. flat. Not epic. They have that AMAZEBALLS theme to use, and its barely used. What the duck!

And really, it peaked with Bad Company