Best Video Game Trailers!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I mean, "grounded" insofar as it takes place in something you could consider 'real' as opposed to some of the wild Call of Duty theatrics.. but yeah, the solider customization (Women! Prosthetics! Wild Outfits!) doesn't really seem to fit the 'tone/theme' of a battlefield game, even if in reality its not exactly grounded in reality (see mid-air rocket launcher example).

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I really only played the campaign in BF WW1 and before that I think I have BF3? I do not remember anything crazy in BF3 and rather liked it since it was slow enough to climb a hill on the outskirts of town to snipe away until someone came up behind you. COD is just spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die, die, die... It's as bad as Titanfall.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I liked the semblance of 'tactics' you could usually employ in a Battlefield game that didn't consist of just shooting and running wildly. It remains to be seen if that'll be any different in BFV.. but they're sure not doing a good job of marketing it.

BF1 ended up being a lot of fun, I liked the (short) campaigns and multiplayer was actually pretty good, not particularly accurate.. but still fun. I imagine BFV will end up mostly the same.

One thing that I do think is happening and will only get worse is the 'telephone' effect for WWII then Korea then Vietnam.. where anyone who was actually there is all dead, so you get retellings based on other peoples retellings. At some point Tom Hanks invading Normandy will be in a textbook.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I was really hoping DICE would do something surprisingly smart like a near future Bad Company 3 or something like that. Or even a remastered BF3 with fully customizable controls for PS4. Either would be more desirable than BFV - Olde Timey Warfare: Part Deux (now with even more fake stuff)...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

I haven't really been keeping up with this one, and I can't say I'm even a big fan of Keanu (I still remember Bram Stoker's Dracula), but they have snagged me with this one.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Oh man. That Keanu reveal was something else.

Keanu.jpg

The end of the trailer had my mouth wide open like WHAT THE ACTUAL.. and then the man himself walked out and we all collectively lost it. That was not something anyone was expecting to see.. holy shit.

The people made the Witcher.. which was pretty good, and this is supposed to be first person, which I like.. so it's defintely on my "probably buy" list.

Whew.. yesterday was nuts.