BLM / Dirty Raycyst / Catchall Thread

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Is it because the female doctor is tanking the show perhaps? Is the UK not woke enough? Oh wait, Brexit tomorrow. Yeah, they are most definitely not woke enough...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Is it because the female doctor is tanking the show perhaps? Is the UK not woke enough? Oh wait, Brexit tomorrow. Yeah, they are most definitely not woke enough...
The latest episode revealed that there while there is the female doctor (which seems to have gone over mostly OK), but there is ANOTHER, older, original doctor, and it's... a BLACK WOMAN!

lol I don't watch the show but I saw the highlights and I just thought it was hilarious.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
K-Tiger don't you watch Dr Who? What do you think of the recently revealed
black Doctor
?
Excuse the lateness of the reply. I punched out on Doctor Who pretty early in the Capaldi run, and I've heard nothing about the Whittaker run that would get me to pick it back up. As far as I know, Splittail Doctor of Colo(u)r is a major canonical fuck-up.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Excuse the lateness of the reply. I punched out on Doctor Who pretty early in the Capaldi run, and I've heard nothing about the Whittaker run that would get me to pick it back up. As far as I know, Splittail Doctor of Colo(u)r is a major canonical fuck-up.
Yeah I don't know a doctor from a sonic toothbrush (screwdriver?) but saw that and just laughed, even I could tell it seemed like forced wokeness.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Amazingly I was ok with turning Dr Who into a girl since they been teasing it for years however I lost BBC when I switched to streaming & was losing interest before that. Haven’t heard good things but look forward to checking it out whenever it makes it to free streaming or Netflix

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Apparently Jodie's sonic screwdriver does look like a feminine marital aid, lol. The problem isn't a female regeneration, it's that it's being written by a fucking hack.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
So this is happening...

Land O' Lakes drops 'racist' Native American image from packaging after nearly 100 years

Please, someone explain to me how the Indian maiden on the box was raysis. She's not doing anything bad or stereotypical or derogatory. She's holding butter. I just don't get it. Am I to assume that ANY depiction of a character dressed in traditional indian garb is now raysis appropriation?

SMH. I don't care about the logo, but I hate that they gave in. It only emboldens the whiners, and I know that before the sun goes down, they're already setting their sights on a new target to bully and call raysis.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I wonder if that was even LOL's actual intention. It is/was one of the oldest and least interesting logos out there, and way overdue for an update. Did indigenous American populations actually even keep cows and make butter? I thought that was a European thing...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
That theory can't be correct if you look at the new logo... i.e. the exact same logo without the maiden. Just a lake. There is no way they took the original and said, "What we need to do is make it 300% more plain."

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Gross generalization and absolutism are a terrible combination. Any time someone judges a person solely by the color of their skin, their religion, their uniform, their geographic location, their income, etc., the judge is overwhelmingly likely to be dead wrong.

"Content of character," proven by getting to actually know a person, is the only judge of a person's true value to civilization. But that concept is so passe these days. It's much better to just generalize and then rage about it on social media... :rolleyes:

That being said, there are also plenty of people out there more than willing to fully demonstrate their lack of character for all the world to see.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I think having everything on the internet was a big disservice to everyone.

Back in the day, you only really heard about BIG stories nationwide, or what was going on in your neck of the wood. You didn't need to know that someone yahoo was misgendered in Florida, or whatever.. but now, we ALL KNOW EVERYTHING and it's overwhelming to anyone I think if you let it get to you.

So it's easy to see injustice everywhere if that is all you're looking for.

Reactions: ThunderDan19

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
The flipside is that back in the day, people got away with a lot more shit. Sometimes it's not a bad thing to see that someone has flip-flopped, back-stabbed, or generally been a bad person. We used to just see the glossy surface of whatever was on tv or magazines. Now, like Dan said, they're more than willing to show their true colors, and there is certainly some value in that.

Just imagine, we might think Hill-dog and Obamer were nice people if we didn't learn the truth. Epstein would still be alive and rapin', etc. The number of injustices that come to light because everyone is watching, reporting, and reacting is staggering. The problem is that we're not ready for that much info, good or bad.

The internet is like beer. It doesn't change things, it just amplifies whatever you are for all to see. I agree that the news these days is very much like drinking from a fire hose. It's just more than the human mind can process 24-7 in addition to all the normal things in life. However, being blissfully unaware might make you more blissful, but you're still unaware. The key is to find a balance between head-in-the-sand and overload.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I suppose, but without a strong structure in place to actually do anything about all these new injustices.. people have turned to complaining on the internet as the beginning and end of most issues. Rarely does anything ever get DONE, outside of maybe ganging up and getting someone fired (justly or unjustly).

Sometimes it does work out for good, but also sometimes for evil. I wish there was a better system in place.. but you can never really trust anyone it seems.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Humans are inherently selfish, and will do whatever they can to not face the consequences for their actions.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I'm so mad about injustice that I feel like looting a Target and torching Autozone and Wendy's.

I thought I wanted justice, but as it turns out, I just wanted a 65" TV. Thanks for your sacrifice, George.

/s

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Seriously. That kind of activity makes me (and a ton of other sensible people) LESS on the side of the protesters than I would be. And, in this case, I was generally on their side. I think the cops are fully culpable.

From everything I have seen so far, I have every reason to believe the cops acted, at a minimum, negligently, at worst ,criminally, leading to that fellow's demise. That said, I can't understand why they haven't brought them into custody, for their own safety for one thing, and to temporarily placate the angry mobs into perhaps not destroying city blocks with their rioting, while the justice system sorts this thing out. Don't all the cops have body cams by now? Why aren't they releasing that if it somehow proves the cops were not fully responsible for this? And if they are not guilty, why fire them outright?

The leadership in Minneapolis is truly a bunch of morons... or they want this unrest.

Reactions: bravo5

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
They have been arrested. Union laws mandate an investigation happens first before charging a police officer not that the “protesters “ care. Burning down businesses is not & never will be social justice it’s just an excuse for bad people to behave badly.

It also hurts the chances of anything good & productive happening as a result of this crap. Should this thing ever have happened absolutely not, but the race baiters have already written the story. Good Cops will have to deal with this crap & their jobs will be even harder. Bad cops should go to jail but in the end that causes a whole new set of problems.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So what are everyone's thoughts on this now?

Something seems fishy about all the riots in so many places.

We had people "protesting" in our VERY white town over the weekend. they were trying to get on the freeway to block it last night a couple exits away.. the wife had me lockdown the house just in case.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, seems like it's getting significant stirring by outside forces (inciting the violence) with plenty of newly (COVID) unemployed folks to join the peaceful (and sometimes otherwise) protests. I hope they crack down hard on the antifa inciters and prosecute a ton of them under interstate terrorism laws.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Oh, I don't think there is any doubt that outside forces are stoking this. Russia? Gyna? Soros? IDK, but clearly this is not organic. Most of the rank-and-file looters are just mad about being stuck inside for months and are just looking for an excuse.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
It’s the pallets of bricks in all the cities including KC that is so frustrating. KC police tweeted about them and Fox News briefly refered to them today, but nobody in the media seems willing to actually talk about them. Someone had to deliver the pallets, so there has to be security footage unless they got Epsteined.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
How terribly convenient... Supposedly the good guys have gotten inside Antifa. Hopefully with the latest EO they can burn them down entirely like they deserve.

You gotta wonder though, we didn't hear much from them for years, until these governors started letting a-holes out of prison because COVID. Connection?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I just think they have been waiting for the first event of the election year that they could take advantage of. Minneapolis PD served it up on a platter. Very convenient that it’s in the states that Hilldog neglected.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I just can't tell which way it will swing the masses. MOST people are not out rioting and looting.. so they'd look down on that kind of activity.. which would support Trump.. but Trump is doing such a piss-poor example of handling this... anyone opposing him just has to come off as semi-competent to look good.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
It's a no-win situation for trump. If he does nothing, they blame him for letting it get out of control. And if he sends in the national guard to stomp it out, he clearly hates black people, opposes peaceful protests, and is "a literal nazi" authoritarian. Plus, how do you arrest all of these people when the Dem Governors just opened the gates of the prisons, and suddenly they'll all be very concerned about the 'rona again.

Much like the virus, it's all a huge cluster that he had nothing to do with. However, there is no possible response that won't be used to bludgeon him.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
It's a no-win situation for trump. If he does nothing, they blame him for letting it get out of control. And if he sends in the national guard to stomp it out, he clearly hates black people, opposes peaceful protests, and is "a literal nazi" authoritarian. Plus, how do you arrest all of these people when the Dem Governors just opened the gates of the prisons, and suddenly they'll all be very concerned about the 'rona again.

Much like the virus, it's all a huge cluster that he had nothing to do with. However, there is no possible response that won't be used to bludgeon him.
I think he is playing it right by doing it the same way as he did with the 'Rona: Call out the governors for mishandling it and offer help if they ask for it. That puts them on the hot seat because they actually have to take some responsibility to run their cities and states and not expect Daddy Trump to just take over and take the blame.

Like 'Rona, they're likely to mess up and ask for too much, which he can then call them out for yet again, putting the spotlight on how badly they manage their blue cities and states. Plus it keeps Trump's less-government-interference base happy.

Trump wasn't going to win any of the places being trashed by the riots right now anyway. He can just sit back and poke at them on the Twitters.