Can someone help me with this song?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I've been going crazy trying to get a version of this song, it's called "Strong as I am" by The Prime Movers. It was featured on the sound track to Manhunter back in ...1986...I think.

Anyway, the few places that have it downloadable as an MP3 either don't work, or are blocked here. There are a ton of videos for it on youtube that I could have used an audio grabbing program on, but youtube is blocked here and my audio program is fubar'ed thanks to a recent computer update.

Can anyone help me get this song?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Someone could try yousendit.com to get it to you.

xxxx

Artist.In.Residence.
Apr 13, 2011
england
I've been going crazy trying to get a version of this song, it's called "Strong as I am" by The Prime Movers. It was featured on the sound track to Manhunter back in ...1986...I think.

Anyway, the few places that have it downloadable as an MP3 either don't work, or are blocked here. There are a ton of videos for it on youtube that I could have used an audio grabbing program on, but youtube is blocked here and my audio program is fubar'ed thanks to a recent computer update.

Can anyone help me get this song?
one of my favourite movie's, manhunter...a stone-cold cult classic imo and one of michael mann's finest.why not just try and track down the cd soundtrack...that's what i did when i wanted a piece of music from point break.it was easier just to buy the cd,then convert it to diffrent formats.and that was'nt a jab...by the way!;)

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Link sent via PM, DSB. I found a couple different versions...I sent you what I think was the best quality.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
one of my favourite movie's, manhunter...a stone-cold cult classic imo and one of michael mann's finest.why not just try and track down the cd soundtrack...that's what i did when i wanted a piece of music from point break.it was easier just to buy the cd,then convert it to diffrent formats.and that was'nt a jab...by the way!;)
This soundtrack has never been "officially" released on CD, and for now, I only want the one track. And I agree completely, Manhunter is one of the best movies, and one of the best movies of the 80's, very stylish, and Mann's use of music to highlight scenes is beyond compare!

And about my jab comment, I do apologize for that, I must have been having a rough day when I posted that. :(

Link sent via PM, DSB. I found a couple different versions...I sent you what I think was the best quality.
Charade, thank you! The version you sent sounds perfect to me. :)

xxxx

Artist.In.Residence.
Apr 13, 2011
england
This soundtrack has never been "officially" released on CD, and for now, I only want the one track. And I agree completely, Manhunter is one of the best movies, and one of the best movies of the 80's, very stylish, and Mann's use of music to highlight scenes is beyond compare!

And about my jab comment, I do apologize for that, I must have been having a rough day when I posted that. :(
that's ok:)...are you a michael mann fan? i've been a fan since miami vice[series]...my favourite mann movie is without a doubt...heat[pacino and de niro]cop and robber,perfect!coupled with all the sub-plots that movie is a masterpiece imo,and again stylishly shot and with a very moody ambient soundtrack.another mann favourite is thief[from 1981 with james caan]soundtrack by tangerine dream.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yes indeed, Mann is one of my favorite directors, and believe it or not my favorite film of his is....The Keep!

xxxx

Artist.In.Residence.
Apr 13, 2011
england
Yes indeed, Mann is one of my favorite directors, and believe it or not my favorite film of his is....The Keep!
ahhhhhh...the keep,if only they would release this on dvd.saw this on video back in the very early eighties.another mann cult-classic.has it been released on dvd in the states?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
ahhhhhh...the keep,if only they would release this on dvd.saw this on video back in the very early eighties.another mann cult-classic.has it been released on dvd in the states?
No, not yet. I got a bootleg copy of it on DVD from my brother in law for my birthday a few years ago, that will have to do for now. It's a great movie, I wonder how it would go if it were re-done. Mann's version would be great if it wasn't for the aweful editing.

xxxx

Artist.In.Residence.
Apr 13, 2011
england
yeah...i look forward to it being released on dvd...hopefully sometime in the near future.