Chapter XI - Snake Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Holding his family tight, Lance realized he had to jump into action to give his family the best chance of survival. Amy, who never really paid much attention to world politics and thought for the most part Lance was crazy spending so much time recently on storing food, clothing, water and other essential survival gear, suddenly felt so stupid. “Lance I’m so sorry I, just,…â€￾ Cutting her off Lance looks her square in the eyes.

“Amy! Quickly, start filling everything you can with water. Lola help mommy, I need to run downstairs and start loading the truck and take inventory of what we have. I’ll be back up in a few minutes.â€￾ Amy replied, “ok okâ€￾ while breathing heavy. Trying to use his cell phone to call his parents he soon realized it may be days or weeks before he might be able to talk to or see his parents and sister again. “What the hell do I do next?â€￾

Fast forward 4 days,…..

Operation Snake Trap was launched just hours after the briefing.

Lynch: Your air field is Secure.

Dusty: So Lynch, did you get to use all those toys you got there?

Lynch: Didn't you watch the video, well if not I'm sure they'll make it a part of your next training. Ha ha ha.

Attachments

• sec5.jpg
    sec5.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 20
  • sec6.jpg
    sec6.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 19
  • sec8.jpg
    sec8.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Sgt Thomas: Hey, you seen Lynch

Spec Op: Yah, he's justaround the other sid by the cockpit.

Tracker: Thanks Bro

Attachments

• sec11.jpg
    sec11.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 12
  • sec12.jpg
    sec12.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 13
  • sec13.jpg
    sec13.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 15

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Lynch: Hey Thomas, you been to the hanger yet?

Thomas: No, we're on our way, but I wanted to check in with you to see if there was anything else I need to know before we start tearing this place apart.

Lynch: No, but you're not going to believe your eyes when you see this thing. With what I've seen and been on, I haven't seen anything like it on our end.

All right guys, let's head over and see this thing.

Let's doi it.

Attachments

• sec17.jpg
    sec17.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 24
  • sec18.jpg
    sec18.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 28
  • sec19.jpg
    sec19.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 23

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
nice set Rick...

glad to see your custom jeep back in action...

did you take these on your same set you normally use or did you make a new one?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks Eddie, it's the same table.

I wanted to make a hanger and was debating just nixing the idea until my wife got home from BJ's where you dig through boxes to put your groceries in.

So I saw this one box and tipped it upside down and hit it with some left over texuterd paint.

Guess this dio was a flop

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Guess this dio was a flop

ehh, occationally this board turns into a place full of lurkers...i made a thread before to call everyone out on it...there was something like 17 currently ACTIVE members online, and not one, aside from me, was posting...too lazy to type?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Folding Table from costco for under $50 and you'd have a great portable dio table.

Paint the walls skyblue and bammo, or do what I do until then, 18 x 24 sheet of foam core at Michaels, color: sky blue.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
ehh, occationally this board turns into a place full of lurkers...i made a thread before to call everyone out on it...there was something like 17 currently ACTIVE members online, and not one, aside from me, was posting...too lazy to type?

I recently did that shot (The heat of battle) with the shock troopers and didn't get much of a reaction here or at JD either. A lot of effort went into that and I even took pics from several angles which I normally don't do. There was so much going on in that shot: a couple KIAs, one ST dragging a wounded one to safety, one ST blindfiring, the ST with the radio using the guy in front of him as cover cuz he had a shield, and it wasn't all STs either there were two blueshirts and two Vipers in it too.

I don't expect anyone to kiss my ass about this stuff, I do what I can on a shoestring budget, but I think I know how Rick feels here. I try to do things different and show things that I rarely see: reloading, blindfire, STs using the handle on their vests etc etc. Few ppl ever seem to notice.

Last edited:

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion

I'd chalk it up to being so close to the holidays. I've been working late trying to tie up loose ends before I go on vacation. Look for it to get less and less "busy" around here for the next few weeks. I wouldn't worry about it.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
none. Only editing I use is crop and sometimes I may adjust light/exposure, but that's usually when I do stuff in my office.

For this all I did was lower a hanging light bulb to simulate early morning.

I got Photoshop for Christmas last year but I think I've only really used the turn to black and white. I really need to spend time learning to add stuff like headlights, smoke and fire.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
It looks great Rick! I'm a bit behind on your stories so I'm finally catching up now.

I think one reason this stuff gets missed too is that it doesn't make it on the side bar. Maybe if it was then more traffic would see this section. Eventually I'd like to see that everyone that has story lines gets a sub category if possible. I think it's wishful thinking but it ought to be possible.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hey Blood, hell with all your admin duties it must be hard to find time to lurk

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I just haven't been paying attention to much unfortunately. I'm beginning to spend more time to check threads to see what everyone is up to. No excuse though. You guys have great stories and I'm missing out on the action.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
sure you can make that comparison. What the heck are you thinking about? Watching the grammer kids walk by your front window or something again?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I would say the biggest thing you need to work on is focus point, some times in the photos the focus, or emphasis seems to be in the wrong place. You may want to get a difference camera lens that lets you focus better on tight spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.