"Combat Force" figures by Atco

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I've posted pics of these guys before, but I never thought to review them until now, since nobody seems to know about them.

Review is here: http://hobbystop.webs.com/apps/blog/show/14754397-combat-force-figures-by-atco

Enjoy!

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Interesting.
The cards are definitely BBi knock-offs. They look like BBi knock-offs with 21st Century articulation.
I dislike those cut shoulders.
Plus those knee hinges are the reason I do not have any 21st Century figure.
Unimax's FOV have more articulation than these. :confused:

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Interesting.
The cards are definitely BBi knock-offs. They look like BBi knock-offs with 21st Century articulation.
I dislike those cut shoulders.
Plus those knee hinges are the reason I do not have any 21st Century figure.
Unimax's FOV have more articulation than these. :confused:

Yeah, a shame about the shoulders. The design really limits the figures' potential.
I believe the Unimax FOV figures don't have the thigh rotation that these figures have.

I guess people's opinions of these figures depend on cost and availability/accessibility. I got into 1/18 collecting rather late in the game so there's a lot of cool stuff that's no longer available and I never really knew about, and now my choices are rather limited.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup, if those aren't Bbi knock-offs I'd be very much surprised.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
They aren't awful, but seem to be more realistically proportioned than PTE figures, which are the only non-Hasbro 1:18th figures I've ever owned (and given away).

The cut hips and shoulders really do suck. I always feel like the designers haven't lived past 1978 when I see that on modern toys.

Not bad overall. I have no use for them, but I can definitely see their dio potential!

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I bought them mainly to sit in the doors of my Blackhawks, freeing my "better" figures for dios.
I'm currently trying to do a PTE limb transplant - if it works, and it's easy enough, I'll let you guys know.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I frequently see these figures on eBay, but never looked real close at them. The lack of a ball shoulder is a killer to me, and something I've never noticed they lacked. I also can't stand that style of hip. I'll stick with my crappy proportioned PTE figures for the background.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Funny, they do look like a bbi & 21rst custom blend knock off.

If I saw them retail I'd probably get a few and customize them.

articulation doesn't bother me as they would be background or featured posing best I can.