Cool Robots line whose name I don't know

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're some variety by gashapon/candy/trading figure. Think I saw them over on /toy/ last week. 100mm puts them a hair under 4".

Should be able to buy a case on AmiAmi or HLJ eventually. They look like they move better than the Pose Skeleton but boy, are they as boring as fuck to look at.

Last edited:

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
The company's name is Epoch and they do a bunch of gashapon stuff as well as the Sylvan Families stuff.

I was able to find their website but not much info on those figures.

Epoch capsule toys

As for the scale the Tag Hobby images shows they are 100mm = 4 inches. The accessory packs look like they were released already but I couldn't find a place to purchase them other than Amazon.jp with like $90 for shipping....

I do kind of like them though. Maybe use one for an I Robot figure.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The flyer leads me to believe that they're a March release. I'd give a fiver for the figure, no doubt.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
They're some variety by gashapon/candy/trading figure. Think I saw them over on /toy/ last week. 100mm puts them a hair under 4".

Should be able to buy a case on AmiAmi or HLJ eventually. They look like they move better than the Pose Skeleton but boy, are they as boring as fuck to look at.

I remember them from one of the recent Gashapon generals on /toy/ for sure.

Those Epoch Gashapon tables and folding chairs are great, got some last year long with some theatre chairs.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Boss Fight's skeletons should have just as good articulation and not set you back as much?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Boss Fight's skeletons should have just as good articulation and not set you back as much?

Even paying x2 retail you'd still be able to get a figure and kart for the price of one skeleton.

I get what you're saying, but it's really not the same thing.

Dzirhan

Enlisted
Jul 22, 2015
Malaysia
Ah, I thought these were by the company that made the Rement Pose Skeleton. Is Rement the company name?

Yup, that's the name, rement mostly does gashaphon foodstuff and various other themes though there's no standard scale for the items, some stuff are 1/18 compatible while others are more to 6 inch scale or 1/6

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, Rement is all over the place. Never know what they're gonna come out with next. I think the most notable thing I recall from Epoch is their old, 1:16ish scale G-Taste babes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
rakuten.co.jp is the only place with a listing for them.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Yes, Thanks for the heads up. I kept trying to search for those guys but was having a very difficult time navigating the global version.

Anyways, I just got the shipping notice for the 3 sets I ordered so I should have some comparison pictures in the next week or so.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
These came in today.

Here is a quick scale picture.

So these guys are pretty fun and I like the look of the robots.
So for less than perfect:
They sport "revoltech" like joints but since they are only like $3 they come on the spru in 2 parts and you have to put them together so they are kind of weak and like to fall apart pretty easily. The joints also don't stay in the appendages very well either. Basically these are crappy toys to actually give kids.

So the white parts are a softer plastic and the grey is more rigid.

Articulation (I'll have more detailed pictures later)
Ball joint head.
Revol shoulders, hips, and knees.
single hinge elbows
swivel wrists
swivel waist
ball joint ankles. (these aren't too good because both the lower leg and foot are soft plastic. They hold good for now but I have a feeling that will deteriorate with time and use.)
The torso is a new one (for me) it is a wheel like swivel that lets the robot double over pretty good as well as bend strait back.

The go-karts are pretty nice too.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So even flawed, better than anything you'd get for $3 here is what you're saying? :D

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Mine should be delivered tomorrow. Stoked to turn them into some robotic killing machines.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
So here is what you get in the capsule. 1 bag for the joints and 1 for the body parts

Open the 2 little packages and here they are all laid out

Here are the parts mainly built

Here is an upclose picture of the torso joint

Torso joint in action. You can see that it can really be bent strait back pretty well. About the same amount forward as well.

The promo picture shows a great deal of the poses you can get them in.
http://www.118archive.com/images/118/japanese_gashapon_woig/extras/epoch20160302 (1).png

There are also sculpted panels for each of the parts. I'll give one of the white ones a wash so they are more visible.

They have a second set planned with beach chairs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like the hands/wrists on the new ones will be different.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I need that weight set for practically my entire 1:18 collection.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I know I just posted this link in the Skeleton thread, but it also contains a number of pics of these. Same warning as before- May contain NSFW ads.

?????????? - ???????

illestr8r

Enlisted
Aug 25, 2016
These look really cool and interesting. I ordered a couple of robots and some dio pieces and am awaiting an email for the shipping fee. Can anyone give me an idea about how much shipping is to the US? 1st time ordering from Japan.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Depends on weight and service. EMS or SAL will make a difference.