Corona Virus |OT| Kung Flu Fighting

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Still none here. Still none in the county next door where the kids won't be going to school until the eleventy-third of April. Commie Cough can kiss my lily white ass. We're prepared to hunker down.

And all I can think of is "duck and cover" from southpark. :ROFLMAO:

giphy.gif

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Lots of areas going on partial lock down.. where you're only supposed to leave for essential stuff (food, doctors, etc) and non essential places are to close.

Seems like one step below an enforced shutdown or martial law.. but damn close.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
No state sponsored option and I promise there will be no grades if our district patches something together since all their students are issued chromebooks. Governor said an online option state wide is not feasible.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
My kids' school system issues legit windows laptops for grades 5-12. They were warned that if the 2-week spring break gets "extended", there will be online assignments. Obviously, it's not a statewide option, but in this system, I suspect they're going to chug along until mandated to do otherwise.

Of course, there are heavy rumors around the state that achievement testing will be cancelled, and I suspect that's very likely. But I also think that's mostly due to pressure from the teachers' union who despises the concept of teachers being evaluated in any fashion. Any excuse to cancel testing or make it "not count against us this year" is always jumped on at the first opportunity.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Zoomed past VA with 77 currently. We've got two fatalities though. WV got their first confirmed infection.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Turns out the person I was told that had the virus in our town was probably a red herring. And then this morning I overheard one of our salesmen, who's wife works in the local hospital, was dealing with a newly admitted patient who had the virus.

Sigh, I don't know if that's believable either...just...whatever, I'll assume EVERYONE has it and just try to move on. People need to keep their dam mouth shut unless they know, beyond a doubt, that the "other" person actually has it. That's part of why we are in this mess in the first place.:mad:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Well, my county finally got a case. It's not "official" yet (maybe today?), but I heard it from a close friend within the city gov't staff. The afflicted person is at the county hospital in the neighboring town.

Closer, closer...

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
The county I live in has one and the one I work in has three (confirmed)... as of now...

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
China has said they have had no new cases...for the last week I think. But can we believe them?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I think you know the answer to that question.

You're talking about the country currently waging a massive propaganda war on the rest of the planet trying to paint itself as the hero of this scenario rather than the absolute cause. The CCP coverup of the problem is what's causing thousands of deaths everywhere else now. China needs to pay dearly.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
It will be very interesting to see how POTUS handles this once the pandemic has died down. He's not one to let things slide (a la his predecessor).

I have a feeling China's impending trade deal is rapidly becoming less favorable for them.