Corona Virus |OT| Kung Flu Fighting

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Everything is on a(n up to) two week delay. The last four days were likely just when people got tested. And the person who died likely did not get infected, get sick and die w/in that timeframe. Sensationalism by the "orange man bad" crowd... as usual.

What's strange is that, shouldn't people handling meat be basically working in PPE all the time anyway? Infections, bacteria, salmonella, e coli? I know I would be.
You'd think so, regarding the PPE. Odds are they all go to the same break room/bathroom and got it there.

I have no clue on the incubation time anymore.. the reports are all over the place.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Absolutely. But I think most states "peaked out" weeks ago now. Just raising awareness in my usual snarky way that things are rarely what they are presented to be... :p

Not sure we'll ever know or not what the real numbers are, but at this point we can be pretty confident they are significantly less than the published ones. Just a quick reference to the yearly levels of every other type of medical (non-accident) fatality will tell you something stinks in quite a number of states right now. Cross that with reports from doctors calling out downward pressure to indicate false causes of death (as CVD-19 caused) and you got a real case to question the numbers. They are reportedly attributing a LOT more of it to COVID than they ever would to any other pathogen.

Disclaimer: Not advocating anyone to go out and act irresponsibly. Just pointing out that the use of this "crisis" as a political tool to crash the economy by a certain desperate political party and its water carriers is one thing, but inflating numbers to make it seem even more dire and to breed new levels of hysteria as a means to control people is even more concerning - looking at you, Michigan. Notice as well the states that were belly up well prior to COVID are also screaming for federal bailouts now "for the COVIDs!!!11!"

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Numbers are high (FAKE DEATHS CONSPIRACY WOOO), but it's slowing down.

At one point deaths were starting to go exponential week over week, and now we're not seeing that (EVEN WITH FAKE DEATHS CONSPIRACY WOOO).

It will be interesting to see if this spikes at all with things opening back up. I don't think it'll get too bad.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
We've seen some high increases in the last few days, but they were expected as they cleared out a backlog of tests, not necessarily indicative of some actual new spike. We're 16th in the nation in total population, 19th in reported cases, but we're 3rd in the nation in per capita testing. So that makes me feel even better about where we are, as we've ton a shitload more testing than most places.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I keep seeing that Flu and Pneumonia deaths dropped to 0 once Covid came to the US, but I’m too lazy to look that up.
This monitors cases not deaths, but I would guess they go hand in hand.

Weekly US Map: Influenza Summary Update

You can check prior years, and it seems like clockwork that flu cases drop off the map at the end of March/beginning of April, every year. 2020 seems on par in that respect.

Preliminary In-Season 2019-2020 Flu Burden Estimates

This says they expect 24K-60K flu deaths this season. Is this on TOP of the 72K COVID-19 deaths? I imagine the crossover number will not be zero, but likely also not 100%. We probably wont know until things are all over.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
This monitors cases not deaths, but I would guess they go hand in hand.

Weekly US Map: Influenza Summary Update

You can check prior years, and it seems like clockwork that flu cases drop off the map at the end of March/beginning of April, every year. 2020 seems on par in that respect.

Preliminary In-Season 2019-2020 Flu Burden Estimates

This says they expect 24K-60K flu deaths this season. Is this on TOP of the 72K COVID-19 deaths? I imagine the crossover number will not be zero, but likely also not 100%. We probably wont know until things are all over.
I’m surprised Rogan would repeat that without his guy fact checking it.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
IF it really has been going around since late last year though, the numbers would be all screwy.

Would COVID going around actually stop the normal flu? Since there would be less normal vectors? Can you have both at the same time?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Guessing the same people that die from the flu die from covid in the elderly population, so the numbers are shared. Obviously covid is far more effective at culling the herd in that demographic.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Actual deaths below 75 (with no other health factors) per capita is extremely (flu like) low.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

Somehow Russia has the 3rd highest number of cases (242K and counting) and yes, only has 2000 deaths. Half of Chiner.

Do we think Ruskies figured it out? Are not reporting accurately? Hmm?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Hard to say. There's been almost no widespread coverage of Russia on this that I've seen. Did they even lock down?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Anyone that trusts their numbers is a sucker. I'm not even sure there is any actual benefit to fudging the numbers (it's not like there's a prize), but I'm confident they aren't suddenly at the forefront of medical treatment tech. They probably had a ton of deaths that never got tested while spinning up their capabilities, and thus they were not classified as WuCo.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
We had a family get-together last night (Don't tell Pelosi!) since my sister in law and her family are moving to Texas this week.

.. so if we all die from Rona, you know what happened.

It was strangely nice having a "normal" gathering. I didn't realize how odd it seemed until we were hugging goodbye and was like.. I don't think I've hugged anyone in 2 months.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
ThunderDan19 , got your masks ready to wear 100% of the time outside your house? FFS, Virginia is trying to become Cali-East.

Big picture, I don't think these blue/purple governors are paying attention. Poor Eddie's stuck under the thumb of Fraulein Whitmer. The left goes on and on about "science", but not once has anyone produced any data showing that the draconian lockdowns are doing any good. The science from europe suggests that the lockdowns do nothing and simply kill the economy and have lots of negative health fallout from other non-Kung-Flu ailments. But they don't actually reduce cases of the virus, hospitalization, or death.

I get wearing a mask in crowded places b/c no one wants to get coofed on, but if I had to wear one all day at work or something, I'd lose my damn mind. The whole thing feels like an attempt to make people comply, as they can get away with murder in the legislature if everyone is under house arrrest and scared shitless. When no one's looking, it's the perfect time to implement gun control, strike down voter id laws, and push absentee-for-all ballot harvesting plans to make sure they can steal the november elections.

Reactions: pcsguy88

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Luckily, I got my official Operation Enduring Charlie Foxtrot multicam mask on the way thanks to a glove purchase from Mechanix Wear. Will I wear it? I haven't worn a mask yet, so we'll see. If I have to at the behest of a private business to enter their premises, I will likely don it at some point. They've encouraged it at work, but I won't be wearing unless we get a lot more people back on the office and they basically tell us we have to.

I recently got my official OECF and "I'm Essential" patches to wear too. Unfortunately, it's getting too warm to wear my jacket, so they'll likely just get posted to my wall of fame in the not so distant future.

Now I just need my "King Ralph is an Asshat" one...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
That ralph one is great. I want a mask with that patch on it!

I ordered Eddie Van Halen bandanas, and my mom made them into masks with backing/lining for me. I've only worn them on doctor visits, and so far, nobody knew what they meant.
1590614252337.png

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I swear, if it turns out that the lockdown is/was useless, I'll flip out since it cost me my job. Although I have to admit I've been wondering i they just used that as a smoke-screen and we planning to do it anyway.

I have to wear one of those masks all day at my new "job", and it does indeed suck. nothing worse than having to breathe through a warm, damp sock for all but my lunch and breaks. I've taken to pulling it down around my chin when I think I can get away with doing so.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I have been going into work every day since this mess started. It sucks wearing a mask gloves & other PPE but as much as i’d Love to say this is some conspiracy it simply is not.

The 1st person I knew who died was a year younger than me (college friend). A couple of people have gotten sick at work & I found out one of them relapsed after being cleared to return to work & then died.

My job is now preparing the work place for an onslaught of people returning to work many of whom don’t understand why the conference rooms now only seat 2-3 people. Or why we need temp checks to enter buildings. We will get yelled at for everything we do. Because the rules changed & not everyone has figured that out.

& the real kicker is if we fail, & production slows or stops we not only risk our jobs, but people die because they don’t get the medical products my company makes. (Non covid deaths)

So when we “go back to work “ have a plan to keep the company alive if 50% of the employees call out sick, for 2 plus weeks. Be wary that no one wants to be at work because they just don’t know if they are getting their family sick when they return home. God help the poor bastard that sneezes.

EVERYONE loses with Covid. hell even the medical companies lose because covid is basically hospital pneumonia, so everything surgery related is put on hold since the chances of death or other complications is greater.

But hell everyone wants to open up & I get that. But because bitches want to go to the beach I get to put my dam life at risk so fuck those guys I hope they get what’s coming to them.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
My approach the past two weeks has been no fear, but respect. I no longer wear a mask unless mandated, but I purposely stay out of crowded aisles and keep my 6ft whenever possible. Hands, wallet, debit card, phone and anything I touched while getting into the car is sanitized. When I get home all my loot goes to the garage for a spray and anything in my pockets goes into the UV sterilizer. I figure if ^^^^ that isn’t enough, then I’m just going to die. Daughter and I hit a bar on Friday for her bday and everything was the same; no staff in masks, same menus, people sat at the bar and only the open table seating had every other one reserved.

Did I mention Kansas has been wide open for almost 2 weeks now and our new daily cases have dropped by 50%?

Trump better fucking win after this deliberate economic sabotage by the edjumacated.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I don't think the virus was a hoax, but I think the shutdown appears to be a gross overreaction. I don't blame them necessarily about trying something initially when there were a ton of unknowns. I get that those in power felt the need to do *something*.

However, now that the evidence clearly shows that it does no good for everyone to stay home, continued shutdowns seem to be power grabs and a concerted effort to kill the economy for political gain. They don't want us to bounce back. They want more people scared, poor, dependent on the government, and looking for an old, senile big-gubment savior.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I think, in the end, we who still have a job (even after some of our idiot governors have tried everything within their power to wreck that opportunity) should be counting our blessings, mask or no mask. Apparently 40M do not have a job right now. Let's hope that a YUGE economic bounce back gets most of them back to work as well in short order. Otherwise, we'll lose even more people to depression and desperation.

Ol' mother nature has a million things out there trying to kill us all, and COVID is just one of them. Unfortunately, for the old and the compromised, the 'rona was this year's bullet, and a fairly potent one. I think in the end, it will be determined that not nearly as many died (directly) from it, but it still has to be respected, just like influenza. The main difference is that we are accustomed to a yearly flu season, and the old and compromised take precautions... and hospitals don't get paid extra for flu patients.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I'll be curious what the death rates for 1st-world countries look like this year when all is said and done. I wonder how many people who died of this virus weren't long for this world to begin with. I know it took out some relatively young people, such as VV's classmate, but the vast majority might well have died this year from pneumonia, flu, or other ailments anyway.

I'm not trying to minimize the loss of life, merely gain some perspective on how many of the virus victims would have made it to christmas otherwise. In terms of defining the impact or quantifying the level of "tragedy" this whole thing is, it makes a big difference whether 10% or 80% would have lived substantially longer sans-covid.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Honestly, I think that number would piss off a lot of people who have lost employment or businesses due to the shutdowns being extended and/or enforced by tyrannical states. I'd wager we'd find that the number that would have perished regardless is easily well over 50%. I think another number that would surprise us is how many of the "healthy" COVID victims had undetected underlying conditions that led to the surprise susceptibility to the virus. Every year thousands of "healthy" people succumb to the flu, other parasitic/fungal/viral/bacterial infections or a host of other ailments for the same reason.

Will we ever get the real numbers? Unlikely, as there are plenty of medical facilities, experts and political operatives with vested interests to keep the numbers looking high. Heck, at this point it even benefits the Trump administration to keep the numbers where they are so it doesn't appear that this whole economy crashing ordeal was completely in vain. No matter what the final number is, the "experts" put the number so high at the outset that Trump's reaction and the much much lower actual (reported) fatalities makes him look like his efforts prevented a catastrophe (everywhere but in greater NYC at least). If the economy rebounds better than expected now, he comes out entirely on top, and a bunch of tyrannical governors will face harsh opposition next election, as people remember their power trippage.

Reactions: nacho

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Things are pretty normalized in my county here after Memorial Day. I still see people wearing masks here and there, I usually wear one when I go to the grocery store since it can get packed in there, but otherwise I go without.

We had a memorial service for my step-sister who died a couple weeks back (non COVID) and there were probably 30 people there and maybe 4-5 masks?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
We went to Walmart this weekend where I (for the first time) donned my camo gater, mainly so I can tell my friends that I went to WM masked and armed and nobody batted an eye :p.

Despite King Ralph's decrees, I saw quite a few people without masks on in the stores. I think the new focus on the riots and such will likely ensure the whole COVID scare will die a gradual death of people simply returning to the normal as it should have been - reasonable precautions for regular folks and extra caution for the most at risk... kinda like the flu.

I'll continue to pack a mask/gater for store visits, but will likely only don it if asked to do so by store employees. Pretty sure the cops will have better things to do now than to enforce COVID rules. People will just have to act like grown ups without big brother.

Reactions: NSA

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Sounds reasonable.

One side effect of all this nonsense that I will miss is everyone has been SUPER healthy.. so little colds or anything. I hate sending the kids to school because they bring back so much shit on a regular basis.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I fully believe the best thing is to try to get as many people back to work as soon as possible. "Idle hands and the devil's workshop" and all that. People that are gainfully employed and making decent money don't have a lot of spare time left over to go break stuff at night. Whether the mayors and governors actually want that or not is still to be determined though...