Corona Virus |OT| Kung Flu Fighting

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I've already said openly that (if it is ever allowed to happen by the powers that are controlling the manipulation) I believe if they ever go back and review all the so called COVID deaths for accuracy, they will be reduced by a minimum of 25%, maybe 50%. And if they reviewed the actual COVID deaths, more than half of those would be people who would have died from anything beyond a common cold anyway. It's a nasty flu. Thank God the economy seems to be rebounding everywhere not blue.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
A lot of places have been open beyond the 2 week window with no significant infection spike.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I have to imagine in most of those places people have been maintaining some semblance of social distancing, either on purpose or just by habit now.. which likely includes not getting into groups of hundreds or thousands of people.

We've been more or less open since Memorial day, and our case #s are rising, but not by a ridiculous margin, that seems to be the case everywhere, and that makes sense.. but it works because its manageable.

It would be sad if a ton of people at the protests got it, then went home and spread it around even more.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
No, you're right. There has generally been normal distancing in a lot of the places that are re-opened. With a little normal caution, it seems very manageable, without the complete extended shutdown of the economy. But, in the big cities, the damage has already been done, and it continues each night with the riots. People with jobs to go to in the morning don't have the time to go riot all night.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Watching Brazil they basically had a huge breakout & because they are in the Southern Hemisphere they are about to enter winter so we should get a good model of what will happen to us nov dec

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Nah, COVID is no longer the big story. It’ll either happen right before November or not at all. Every WHO/CDC revision makes it less the plague and more the flu.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I assume so but I don't know the details.. they aren't sharing a whole lot.. which seems stupid if you ask me.

We'll find out soon enough if it was contained to just a few hopefully as all the field services teams are getting tested.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Apparently a ton of us have the antibodies without ever having had the symptoms.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Indeed it will be. Germany fared pretty well all in all, and I believe they are the greatest economic engine over there.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
It'll be interesting to see how growth/contraction in red and blue states differ and if there is any kind of economic power shift. I'm almost certain the rioting will cause a shift out of major urban areas. But if the blue states stay locked down, will new economic leaders in previously less affluent states step up?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Wouldn't that be nice? Escape the madness, come to freedom, but leave your blue politics behind.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It'll be interesting to see how growth/contraction in red and blue states differ and if there is any kind of economic power shift. I'm almost certain the rioting will cause a shift out of major urban areas. But if the blue states stay locked down, will new economic leaders in previously less affluent states step up?
I feel like the riot stuff will be short term.. Maybe a couple of the worst hit areas might see some flight, but it seems mostly over now, and unless we get a round 2 soon, I think people will mostly move on.

I can't make heads or tails over the rest of the US economy though.. it's all jumbled and fucked up in red and blue states. No one really wants to do anything big or bold it seems.. even though now seems like the time to do it.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Tesla and Amazon would disagree with you (though their rises began before COVID). Elon has threatened to move Tesla to a red state. We'll see if that sticks. I think we will see some significant growth in the rapid delivery industry, and an all but collapse of snail mail. I hope we also bring back everything considered "essential" from Chiner. Only time will tell what new comes out of this latest disruption.

Edit: on that note...

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I feel like the riot stuff will be short term.. Maybe a couple of the worst hit areas might see some flight, but it seems mostly over now, and unless we get a round 2 soon, I think people will mostly move on.

I can't make heads or tails over the rest of the US economy though.. it's all jumbled and fucked up in red and blue states. No one really wants to do anything big or bold it seems.. even though now seems like the time to do it.
The riot stuff is dying down... for now. But what about when the Atlanta cops are acquitted? There is a clear consensus that they were overcharged, that it was politically motivated, and that they will walk. You know they're going to riot again. They're probably already trucking in bricks for the verdict that's six months away.

And it seems that the "peaceful protestors" are more emboldened than ever. We have no clue what trumped-up nonsense will set them off next time, but you can be certain that they'll be terrorizing the same places. Many small businesses are closed down for good or leaving, and many big businesses would rather stay out of the fray than end up on the news and having to "apologize" for existing in the vicinity of an injustice. Think Wendy's will be building that store back up? Hardly. Let atlanta eat the charred remains instead of a Dave's Double.

As for the virus, who knows. 2nd wave? Never really got over the 1st wave? Does it matter? Is it really as dangerous as the media played it out to be? They make money with fear. Thus the only time the virus won't be ultra scary is when they have a bigger story they want to push, e.g. "peaceful protests" with burning buildings, looting, and attacking innocent people.

I have the luxury of keeping my office closed, as we've even achieved normal growth during the lockdown. I have no desire to be on the forefront of "reopening" precisely because I don't know what's going to happen. But I do know that if circumstances arrive that force things back toward a normal state, such as school reopening in July, I won't be nearly as worried about things as I might have been in March. But just looking out the window, watchign the locla news, talking to customers on the phone, etc, I would argue that 90% of people don't give two shits about the virus and are acting completely normal.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Tesla and Amazon would disagree with you (though their rises began before COVID). Elon has threatened to move Tesla to a red state. We'll see if that sticks. I think we will see some significant growth in the rapid delivery industry, and an all but collapse of snail mail. I hope we also bring back everything considered "essential" from Chiner. Only time will tell what new comes out of this latest disruption.

Edit: on that note...

NSA, gotta get here before the price of real estate skyrockets!

Reactions: ThunderDan19

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Across the board daily new cases seem to be continuing to go up (likely wider spread, but also more testing) but deaths/day seems to generally be trending down over time, which either means a majority of those who would die got it early, it is weakening, or something else I suppose.. but either way, it's a good trend if it keeps up.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
It probably also helps that nobody is getting away with sending it to old folks' homes anymore...

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
That, and to pad the "send money, we're dying" narrative. Truly a.) completely inept or b.) cold-hearted bastard. Heck, why not both?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Our county had like 200 more cases over the weekend, which was a pretty big jump.

Will be interesting to see how this lines up to the protests a couple of weeks ago.

Deaths continue to be relatively light.. so hopefully it is a milder strain going around?