illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
People go out get infected

3-14 days later they get symptoms

They get others sick.

6-8 weeks after infection they die.

The difference between who lives & who dies is the ones who live nuked the virus before it had a chance at the lungs & other organs

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
People go out get infected [large groups gathering without social distancing, like say... protesting and rioting. Without breaking social distancing and hygiene guidelines, not so much.]

3-14 days later they get symptoms [or not. The vast majority of infected are completely asymptomatic according to positive antibody testing.]

They get others sick. [spreading the virus at a manageable rate ultimately leads to herd immunity, a necessary condition to eliminate the virus as a significant threat]

6-8 weeks after infection they die. [only 0.6% - and typically only the immunocompromised, and most often when they're old and susceptible to anything beyond a common cold. And even more so when they have been forced to share a retirement community with a group of other elderly, immunocompromised people. The number is significantly lower for the young and healthy.]

The difference between who lives & who dies is the ones who live nuked the virus before it had a chance at the lungs & other organs [absolutely true, fortunately that's 99% of us that survive and over 90% with no serious symptoms at all - I thought we were past the hysteria stage]
Sorry man, but I had to fix that for you. I let you overstate this over and over, but I'm done not pushing back a little. I get that you live somewhere in the greater NYC area so you have seen more of it than the rest of us, but, taken as a whole (nation/worldwide), it's not as bad as they are telling you, and gets less and less scary every time they revise the model down by another order of magnitude. I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but what you have stated above is from back when the "experts'" model was predicting millions of deaths. We're past that and have moved on to it becoming more akin to a "nasty flu."

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
False claims that I constantly see.....

Protesting didn't spread this..... BS
It only kills old people...... I know more young people who died than old people. The old people know enough to stay inside when its not safe.
Its fine Sweden didn't shut down.... No they killed the 25% of their nursing home population.
We should be worried about a second wave.... Sure but the reality is that most of the country hasn't really been hit with the 1st wave.
Stupid people ruin everything.... Well can't argue with that, that's why we will be dealing with this for as long as we will be.

I am at work everyday dealing with this shit

so I have absolutuly no sympathy for the 1 want to go to the beach crowd. People can't bury their loved ones but let's take the kids to the beach because the 1000+ people we will come into near contact somehow won't be sick either.

The people whining loudest about going back to work are usually the ones with no real responsibility if shit goes down. You can bet your ass if you bring Covid into the office you ain't gonna be employed after this is done.

For those who want to get back to work... I hear ya, but it ain't happening as long as the stupid can't comprehend that it applies to them too.

So in the next few weeks different areas (looking at you high population density) will continue to get sick from this while everyone else who did what they were told has to suffer.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
False claims that I constantly see.....

Protesting didn't spread this..... BS
It only kills old people...... I know more young people who died than old people. The old people know enough to stay inside when its not safe.
Its fine Sweden didn't shut down.... No they killed the 25% of their nursing home population.
We should be worried about a second wave.... Sure but the reality is that most of the country hasn't really been hit with the 1st wave.
Stupid people ruin everything.... Well can't argue with that, that's why we will be dealing with this for as long as we will be.

I am at work everyday dealing with this shit

so I have absolutuly no sympathy for the 1 want to go to the beach crowd. People can't bury their loved ones but let's take the kids to the beach because the 1000+ people we will come into near contact somehow won't be sick either.

The people whining loudest about going back to work are usually the ones with no real responsibility if shit goes down. You can bet your ass if you bring Covid into the office you ain't gonna be employed after this is done.

For those who want to get back to work... I hear ya, but it ain't happening as long as the stupid can't comprehend that it applies to them too.

So in the next few weeks different areas (looking at you high population density) will continue to get sick from this while everyone else who did what they were told has to suffer.
Let people go to the beach or anywhere else outdoors on sunny days. The two things we know for sure is it’s damn near impossible to breathe enough SARS2 in to catch COVID-19 while outside and UV light kills it in a few minutes on any surface. People have to be out to stay sane, so might as well be outdoors where it’s 90% safe.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Quarantine the sick, protect those most at risk and let the rest of us take reasonable precautions, but love our lives.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Freedom means we are free to make choices whether they are good or bad for ourselves. It is OUR responsibility to protect OURSELVES in any situation outside of being invaded by another country. That is the entire point of our Constitution, not elected officials deciding how much soda we can drink. I just do not know how people can be calling for a lockdown that takes the responsibility out of our own hands while completely destroying our livelihoods. Live at whatever level of risk that you feel comfortable with. Our government tried and failed to keep it out of our borders, but once it got here the burden falls upon us as citizens.

Reactions: ThunderDan19

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Hmm, what is recently common to these places? Non-social distanced riots perhaps? Just sayin'.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
The people whining loudest about going back to work are usually the ones with no real responsibility if shit goes down.
No, the people "whining" about going back to work are the people that need to feed their familes, people that don't have jobs on the government tit that pay them whether they work or not, and small business owners who are about to see their life's work go down the shitter... all because of a lockdown to protect from a virus that had no significant impact on their area whatsoever. Having the government ruin you over a giant nothingburger is a massive injustice, so people start pushing back.

You fail to understand that most places are not NY/NJ. Your area got hit hard for many reasons, mostly population density, international travelers, and government stupidity. MOST other places suffer from little or none of those things, and thus our reaction and responses are tailored accordingly.

If the government tries to ruin me because of fearmongering, I'm going to give them the finger.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Eh, I never reopened in the first place. I thought the lockdown was overblown to start with, but I'm also in a position where I don't have to take any chances. I recognize that not everyone has that option. The real crunch point will come in about 5 weeks when schools have to either open or not. I hope they do and end the silliness once and for all.

The problem is that we can't trust our health officials to tell us the truth. One minute we need to cleanse our groceries and masks are actually harmful. The next minute, surfaces are fine and masks are essential. The minute after that, protesting cheek-to-jowl is perfectly ok, but churches and beaches are dangerous. I'm not a pathologist, but I do recognize when I'm not being told the truth. The medical credibility of the people making sweeping declarations, as well as their ability to make apolitical, unbiased health decisions, is greatly in doubt, which is a shame for us all.

Reactions: ThunderDan19

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It is all generally a giant clusterfuck.. and it still seems like no one really knows what they are doing.

I think still most people will be fine, with the big potential problem still the overtaxing of the generally available medical resources. It never happened originally.. but we all took some pretty drastic measures to make sure that didn't happen. TX, and Houston in particular seems to be the best spot to watch to see if an Italy-style breakdown can in fact happen here.

But we're all so spread out and different it's never going to be a 1:1 thing nationwide. Local areas need to be allowed to do whats best for themselves.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
The difference for us is that we have a ton of medical capacity (main trauma hospitals, medical centers, private/special care hospitals, elective procedure medical suites, etc.) if needed, and emergency overflow capacity if that is also needed. We can ship people between cities and states if necessary. We have hospital ships to park off the coastal cities. We have the Corps of Engineers to build emergency hospitals if necessary. We have Samaritan's Purse to build emergency hospitals. Italy had a very small fraction of this. We had our largest outbreak in NYC and they didn't even touch the emergency capacity that was provided there. I think we'll be okay.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
You will get people who push back on anything that is mandated hypocritically by a corrupt government.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I wonder if Texans will comply at this point... I've heard they can be... opinionated... :p

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I wonder why Houston is so hard hit...

I'm sorry, but a spike there was inevitable.

• Wow
Reactions: NSA

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I wonder why Houston is so hard hit...

I'm sorry, but a spike there was inevitable.
Excuse me, it's PARTIES to blame! Not protests!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Swine flu - version 37!!! Wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last. The only question is whether people are now paranoid enough to let this one dominate their lives or so done with COVID that they'll venture about even if Ebola makes landfall in the developed world.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Tennessee:
Population - 17th
Covid Testing - 11th
Positive Cases - 19th
Hospitalization - 20th
Deaths - 29th
------------------------------

COVID Deaths per 100k:
United States - 38.8

NY - 158.6
MD - 52.86 (nearly identical population size to TN)
IN - 39.6 (nearly identical population size to TN)
VA - 20.8
FL - 17.0
MO - 16.5 (nearly identical population size to TN)
CA - 15.2
TN - 8.8

I can't look at those numbers and complain about how our state leaders are handling this situation. I'm going to roll with what he says for now. The big crunch point will be in a month when schools have to decide whether or not to open, or whether or not the governor allows them to open. We'll see.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Tennessee:
Population - 17th
Covid Testing - 11th
Positive Cases - 19th
Hospitalization - 20th
Deaths - 29th
------------------------------

COVID Deaths per 100k:
United States - 38.8

NY - 158.6
MD - 52.86 (nearly identical population size to TN)
IN - 39.6 (nearly identical population size to TN)
VA - 20.8
FL - 17.0
MO - 16.5 (nearly identical population size to TN)
CA - 15.2
TN - 8.8

I can't look at those numbers and complain about how our state leaders are handling this situation. I'm going to roll with what he says for now. The big crunch point will be in a month when schools have to decide whether or not to open, or whether or not the governor allows them to open. We'll see.
I'd be curious to see averages ages by state and if the ones that trend older have more deaths like they should.

NY is crazy high though since the large population should have masked some of it like CA does.