Dead celebrities |OT| Knock knock knocking on heaven's door

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Also, Hal Holbrook, age 95. I remember him from the 80's miniseries mega event North and South, but in my mind, he'll always be the crooked southern lawyer from Fletch Lives... which I just rewatched for the 27th time last week.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I'm not going to lie, if you had asked me last week, I would have been fairly certain that Bob Dole was no longer with us already. I was living in NC 20 years ago when Elizabeth was running for senate after he retired, and he was old as dirt then.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
He was vaxxed. I’m sorry, but that “vaccination” isn‘t worth much at all. I have personally interacted with 8 individuals now that have had “breakthrough” cases. Did it actually help them not have as severe symptoms as they would have? We’ll never know. At what point do we remove the vax monicker and simply call them a “potential therapeutic” instead?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Agreed. When was the last time you heard of a breakthrough case of polio? Never, because it's an actual vaccine. This is just something to lessen the odds of dying.

But to be fair, Powell was 85, and we don't know what other ailments he suffered from. So I don't think anyone needs to panic over his untimely death either. I've had enough fear-mongering in the press for several lifetimes.

It was weird driving across country last week. Most states were "normal", and then we hit Louisiana and got looked at like we had snakes coming out of our faces when we didn't mask up in the Baton Rouge Chic-fil-a.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Wow, I would not have expected LA (at least not that LA) to be all wound up over masks.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Apparently so. My son wanted to stop at a gamestop for more car entertainment, and they had a sign on the door saying that masks were required in the store (unlike the "recommended" signs we see most places). We promptly ignored it, but I almost came away with the impression that it was some kind of state-wide mandate.

The Chic-fil-a was even more bizarre. They had a drive-thru line three wide around the building, and zero people in the dining room. I thought it was closed until I saw a cop walk in and order at the counter, so we followed. While we ate, a couple of other people came and went, but we were the only people eating inside despite the hordes around the building. Seriously odd. I clearly did not get the memo. I didn't stop in LA anymore after that.

• Sad
Reactions: ThunderDan19

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
That’s been my area for the last year. The more population density you have the more spread/awareness. I live in farm area & you rarely see everyone mask up but once you go in the crowded areas mask up or get out.

Chic-fil-a has been that way everywhere because they adapted & are crushing every other business in drive through. They are all busy for 12+ hours a day will 2-3 drive though lanes.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Our Chick-Fil-As haven’t opened seating yet. I think they are more profitable with just the drive thrus. Why pay for cleaning and such when you can just make food for the droves in their cars?

Reactions: Videoviper