1)

2)

3)

4)

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
All wicked cool, but #4 I can almost put myself there.

Nice wok everyone!!

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
wow, all are awesome! Such a tough choice. I'm going with 2. I like seeing 2 water ones. I think the logo will cover up Shipwreck on #1.

It was a toss up between the two...I voted one because it made me laugh but agree poor shippy won't be visible behind the logo

Tapper

suck it up cupcake!!!!
May 19, 2012
Like #4. Snake Eyes and Timber, a boy and his dog. Sweet.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
#1 could always be flipped horizontal...or the logo placed on the right hand side.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No, but the problem is ya'll decided we had to have both a site logo AND those dog tags.

The first three shots are ace stuff. Especially number one.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Is there some reason the logo can't go on the right?

um i don't .. I don't know. I'm going to say .. noooo? But all the entries are great so I have to narrow it down some how.

But #4 has snow! :)

hahah did you do 4?

Really though they're all awesome. As far as placement, framing, coloring, focus. All are good on there own. It's a tough call on which to narrow down to.

At any rate I already voted .. I don't remember which for though hahah.

Last edited:

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Time to be a pedantic asshole and quote the rules again...

http://forums.fighting118th.com/announcement.php?f=50

Specifically:
1. When taking your picture for banner submission, be sure to leave space for cropping and for the logos.

Is there some reason the logo can't go on the right?

Is there some reason the entry couldn't be framed to accomodate the logo before submission?

I agree with everyone that #1 is a totally badass shot and is very well-done, but if we're not gonna follow the submission guidelines then why bother?

Rant over. Call me an asshole.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Time to be a pedantic asshole and quote the rules again...

http://forums.fighting118th.com/announcement.php?f=50

Specifically:
1. When taking your picture for banner submission, be sure to leave space for cropping and for the logos.

Is there some reason the entry couldn't be framed to accomodate the logo before submission?

I agree with everyone that #1 is a totally badass shot and is very well-done, but if we're not gonna follow the submission guidelines then why bother?

Rant over. Call me an asshole.

I 100% agree with you Fled. It's not like there is 60 rules or anything. It's just a handful of simple rules that pretty much never changes.

On that note... your an asshole :D

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I'm speaking in general terms now, and not ripping on anyone's entry:

I think part of the challenge in coming up with a banner image is to work within the given limitations - namely a specific size (920x322 pixels), and the placement of the logo and tags.
Those of us who bend over backwards to achieve this would understandably be a little miffed when other entries that don't fit the criteria are still deemed acceptable.

I'll stop now, my Aspergers is in overdrive.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I'm speaking in general terms now, and not ripping on anyone's entry:

I think part of the challenge in coming up with a banner image is to work within the given limitations - namely a specific size (920x322 pixels), and the placement of the logo and tags.
Those of us who bend over backwards to achieve this would understandably be a little miffed when other entries that don't fit the criteria are still deemed acceptable.

I'll stop now, my Aspergers is in overdrive.

I'm sorry, Fled, I respect your abilities here and think you do a great job on banners.

However - I still don't see that banner as being a problem in any way, shape or form. Hell, if it bothers everyone so much that it somehow violates an unstated rule of logo placement just flip the damn thing left for right.

Have we seriously NEVER had the logo on the right hand side?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I originally only brought it up because I like Fled, thought working around the logos was part of the rules and part of the challenge. I dont think i ever officially read it that way but the logos up top have never moved as far as I remember. I really like the 1st picture too, just couldnt vote for it because of logo placement. i dont feel anyone should have to do any extra work to the submitted pics, just put a frame around it and put it up there. If extra work has to be done to put it into the banner, whats the point voting if the final pic does not match the one we voted for.

Just my thoughts

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
If there is something wrong with entry no. 1 why was it allowed in the contest????? I gotta agree with fogger. There is one person in charge of these contests and its up to that person to see that all entries are within the rules. Since he allowed it to be in the contest its OK and I voted for it because its by far the best one.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I hear ya Snake. I dont think anything is wrong with pic #1. It is fantastic! I just think the logo will cover it.
My point/thoughts are, nothing should have to be done to the final pic to be placed up there. If it wins, put it up there with logo overtop of it. But dont change it at all or the frame for it. The entrants should accomodate for the banner, not vice versa.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
This isn't gonna help...but I don't think it's difficult for Bee at all to put the logos wherever the heck he pleases on these banners...just saying