Votes: 10 17.5%

Votes: 29 50.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
The banner logos can be moved I guess. Seeing how we never have before I guess it never was something that was considered. The object is to work around them to make it more of a challenge though. None of that helps the discussion but that's what it is. We can all discuss if you would like to amend that rule. It has to go through NSA though. Remember, we are commies so you can say what you want but we do what we want. ;)

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
This isn't gonna help...but I don't think it's difficult for Bee at all to put the logos wherever the heck he pleases on these banners...just saying

Exactly, Bee has been a super guy the whole time I've been here. He even used to resize my pics. If he doesn't want to do it thats fine.

I think the first entry lost a lot of votes because of this. My second choice would have been #3 but neither seem to be in contention. What I am saying is Blood is the enforcer here, if a pic makes it to the contest thread why are other ppl deciding if it fits the criteria? If he put it in the contest thread its OK.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Well, I've been a lurker here long enough so I guess its time for me to speak up again. lol When it comes to the banners I prefer to leave the rules up to the administrator(s). I just take in what wins and then prepare it for next months banner on time, no questions asked under the cover of darkness. Like a ghost writer if you will. But in all honesty I can make almost anything work. The Logo and dog tags can be moved around if necessary and the image/banner itself can also be flipped as long as there is no visible text in the photo obviously. Also, the true dimensions of the space within the frame is actually 878 pixels by 282 pixels. Only when you include the outer frame does it read 920 x 322. That way I can add on to the photo either to the left or right after its sized down to fit inside the frame. This gives me enough added background to work with to avoid covering anything important with either the logo, tags, or even the frame itself. I try to treat every winning submission as my own so nothing is ever slapped together without making sure the main focus of your hard work is seen first. Each banner tells a story and in order for that story to be completely understood we need to see as much of it as possible. And sometimes the rules in place help make that possible.

....steps down from the podium.

Last edited:

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
South of Atlanta---North of Macon
Hey yall!!! WOW---I cant believe all the bullshit.:rolleyes: The logo can go on either side---just like BEE said. As far as the rules go---it just said leave room for the logo.Pretty simple IMOHO. When I use to enter in the contest Id leave room for the logo---sometimes on the left and sometimes on the right---its never been a problem. I dont see how its a problem now. If it was no one ever said anything to me and Ive been a member here for a while.:proposetoast:---RED---

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Whoa whoa whoa!

Haha I'm surprised #3 didn't get more love.. that was my vote.

I think the logo CAN be moved, if it is not too much work. I wouldn't COUNT on it though, you SHOULD make your banner submission with our logo placement in mind. Generally, if you think of it ahead of time it's not too hard to fit your idea in our allowed space.

We like to keep things uniform as much as possible, though I can see having the 'special' months (Halloween, Christmas, etc) being more flexible than the normal months in the future.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I originally only brought it up because I like Fled, thought working around the logos was part of the rules and part of the challenge. I dont think i ever officially read it that way but the logos up top have never moved as far as I remember. I really like the 1st picture too, just couldnt vote for it because of logo placement. i dont feel anyone should have to do any extra work to the submitted pics, just put a frame around it and put it up there. If extra work has to be done to put it into the banner, whats the point voting if the final pic does not match the one we voted for.

Just my thoughts

Co-Sign

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I hear ya Snake. I dont think anything is wrong with pic #1. It is fantastic! I just think the logo will cover it.
My point/thoughts are, nothing should have to be done to the final pic to be placed up there. If it wins, put it up there with logo overtop of it. But dont change it at all or the frame for it. The entrants should accomodate for the banner, not vice versa.

This is the point I was trying to make, in some twisted, roundabout way. I have trouble articulating myself sometimes.
And in the same twisted way, I was expressing disappointment that #1 didn't get more votes, because it's a phenomenal action shot. It truly deserves more.

But still, if we're gonna be flexible about the rules, we all might as well just submit any old pic and just let Bee worry about the cropping/editing.

Anyway, this asshole is done bitching.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
This is the point I was trying to make, in some twisted, roundabout way. I have trouble articulating myself sometimes.
And in the same twisted way, I was expressing disappointment that #1 didn't get more votes, because it's a phenomenal action shot. It truly deserves more.

But still, if we're gonna be flexible about the rules, we all might as well just submit any old pic and just let Bee worry about the cropping/editing.

Which is what we want to avoid. Generally I think MB immediately tosses out submissions which don't adhere to (at least basically) our guidelines. Such as 4x3 pictures, wrong theme, etc. i.e. any picture from Derek.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Which is what we want to avoid. Generally I think MB immediately tosses out submissions which don't adhere to (at least basically) our guidelines. Such as 4x3 pictures, wrong theme, etc. i.e. any picture from Derek.

So I guess that means I can't submit a shot of my grape nuts?

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
I would've voted for 1, but like I said they were all great imo. I had to eliminated each for some stupid nit-picky reason or another just so I can vote for one of them

TheFatMaster

Enlisted
May 3, 2011
I really like 4 but I voted for 3 'cause I like that one a lot as well & it seems to be an unlikely underdog!

Regardless, great job to all the artists!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well I didn't look at submissions until I uploaded them. I should have caught it before. Either way, we should try to stick to a uniform banner look when possible. I just need to screen more. I got busy and assumed they were all proper.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
At a glance number 4 reminds me of Will Smith and his dog from "I Am Legend". Great movie!!!

1- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest"

2- Jaws

3- Indiana Jones meets Aliens vs Preditors.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Yeah, we did the Santa's slay last year too. No one had anything bad to say that I can remember so I decided to add him in this year. I guess its really up to the banner's artist and the administrators to evict Santa and his reindeer from the shot.

But really, how can you say no to this....

LOL

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
I think Fred won last years banner too. That's two holidays in a row. lol
Anyhoo, the logo sure does seem awfully bright though. Maybe I added too many lights this year.

Clark Griswold

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice work Fled, perfect for the season. Santas sleigh is cool touch for the Banner.