Destiny

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It's about time we get a thread going for this game. It's coming out in September. I just traded in Infamous and paid off my pre order.

Check out this GI feature:

Destiny

Relecant

Enlisted
Mar 20, 2014
Virginia
I have this pre-ordered for the PS4 so I can play the beta. I'm scared it's not going to live up to the massive hype levels I have for this game. I want this game very badly.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I have this pre-ordered for the PS4 so I can play the beta. I'm scared it's not going to live up to the massive hype levels I have for this game. I want this game very badly.

I don't think I got a beta code :( Did you have to preorder it earlier?

I'm also worried about the hype levels. It's been called the greatest thing since sliced bread before we even got to see a screenshot lol.

That's my fear as well, but I'm sure at the very least it'll be decent.

This^^

I hope :)

Relecant

Enlisted
Mar 20, 2014
Virginia
I don't think I got a beta code :( Did you have to preorder it earlier?

I'm also worried about the hype levels. It's been called the greatest thing since sliced bread before we even got to see a screenshot lol.

I pre-ordered on Amazon back in October, I don't know how long the beta promotion went.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I so want to like the game, I love the concept art and even have some customs planned out. Is there a solo campaign?

Relecant

Enlisted
Mar 20, 2014
Virginia
I so want to like the game, I love the concept art and even have some customs planned out. Is there a solo campaign?

It's a mix. You can play the campaign solo (I believe), but friends and other players can drop in and play with you. Also, there are supposed to be world events where people work together.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
I went through my coat and located my receipt from gamestop, I have a Beta code! Nice!

Sweet! You'll have to let us know how the beta is, I'm definitely waiting for reviews on this one, honestly I'm probably going to do that for most games now. Digital distribution has made preorders kind of pointless unless I'm getting some sort of added stuff, and even then I'm usually ok with not having it. It's nice to be able to read a review first and then make an informed decision without going in blind and still be able to guarantee that I get a copy of the game day one. I never thought I'd say it but I now love digital distribution! :thumbsup:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Sweet! You'll have to let us know how the beta is, I'm definitely waiting for reviews on this one, honestly I'm probably going to do that for most games now. Digital distribution has made preorders kind of pointless unless I'm getting some sort of added stuff, and even then I'm usually ok with not having it. It's nice to be able to read a review first and then make an informed decision without going in blind and still be able to guarantee that I get a copy of the game day one. I never thought I'd say it but I now love digital distribution! :thumbsup:

I'll let you know. I'm not big on Digital Distribution, I honestly think it's at least a generation away before it becomes standard. Maybe even 2 more away. I love the sharing and trading in games aspect. I mean I just got Infamous, played the shit out of it beating it twice and earning every trophy and traded it in and got $40. So I paid $20 for a game that hasn't even been out for 3 weeks. Pretty cool.

It's always dangerous pre-ordering a game but I've only been burned a handful of times. The last Medal of Honor comes to mind. For the most part I only pre-order reliable companies or franchises. Bioware, Naughty Dog, CoD, UFC, and GoW come to mind off the top of my head.

With Destiny being done by Bungie and the long ass development... I'm pretty confident it will be a decent game and worth a go. Even if I wind up trading it in a few weeks later and getting 60% of my money back. That's worth it to me.

TL;DR

I trust Bungie and want to play this game :D

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
WV / DC
First impressions I didn't like it at all. I haven't enjoyed a halo game since the second one. The jump in jump out multiplayer could be pretty fun as I'm a big fan of co-op games.

But I'm on the wait and see list for this one.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QYhBX81eq0[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIEUdcw1xes[/ame]

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
I have a bad feeling no matter how good the game ends up being, this isn't going to put out the sales numbers that Activision expects, but maybe I'll be wrong. 500 mil is insane for a game, especially one that is a brand new franchise.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah they may have shot themselves in the foot with that budget. I'm sure it will sell well but no way they're making money on this first game. Unless the 500M includes the DLC over the next few years...

4-5 DLC's a year at $20 a pop would help them... but still!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, if the $500 million includes marketing for ALL destiny games over the 10 year period they are claiming.. then it makes more sense. Hopefully they don't front load it on the first one and expect it to save the company.

I think it'll do fine, just not sure if it'll be a GTA-type blockbuster.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Well, to be fair, Activision hardly needs saving, I just think it's gonna be one of those games that ends up not meeting up to all the media hype, it'll be good, but not this massive genre defining game that it's been made out to be. I don't really see a lot of buzz outside of blogs, which doesn't bode well. Usually when a game ends up being a massive success my group of gamin friends are obsessing over every detail months in advance, none of my friends are talking about it at all, they're talking about COD: Advanced Warfare and Watchdogs if not some new League of Legends shit.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
This is still a HUGE ??? for me. It looks.. OK? Good? Not sure. For a game coming out in a few months there are still a large number of questions I need answered. Definitely not a Day 1 purchase. Likely wait for a good number of reviews to come out.

The whole universe thing etc SEEMS really cool, but so far they've failed to really sell me on it.