Do they still make these?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
It's mid-april, and I haven't seen new SW stuff since before x-mas. What gives?

I was hoping for more vintage stuff, but it's been really slim pickings. I just pass by all that blue-carded rehash/repainted stuff. The black and silver has been MIA, except for a few random "vintage" attack of the clones figures that make snow-cone destro look new.

its hte deth uv hte linez!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They showed a lot of stuff at TF, but i haven't seen any in stores, and it should have started showing up by now.

Wally World has the SW figures marked down to 6.50, i'm hoping one of the new Barris figures shows up soon.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I've been seeing a ton of those orange camo clone troopers lately. Seems like the ROTJ wave is still filitering in

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
It is a dark time for toys.
many toy lines are scarce
and unable to be located.​

Star Wars is among those
who are being searched for.
What was once a hot, and

easy to find toy line is now,
a rare, and sought after bunch.
Soon, many collectors will cry,

scratch & fight to get the
next wave. The question is..

....will it be too late?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Ewok, you kill me. :)

I've never collected SW figs due to my oft-mentioned hatred for the t-crotch. But the vintage collection stuff from the original trilogy that I could display moc on the wall is really nice. But BBTS really has these jacked up, so I've been finding some in stores, some on HTS, etc. I only saw a Gammorean Guard once, and that was a few days prior to x-mas in Brownsville TX. Never saw another. I know the wave is out because I see the remnants all the time (I'm looking at you, Akbar).

Still, it seems like these haven't seen a restock in 4 months. I don't expect to find much in Jan/Feb, but by the end of April, it seems silly to have nothing new out.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
what the fuck are you guys talking about? my walmart is chalked full of star wars crap. in fact they got rid of the g.I. Joes just so they could give the clone wars figures even more room and so pirates of the Caribbean can at least be present despite the fact that walmart only wants star-wars toys. I'd get some but I fucking hate that cartoon and I hate George Lucas for making the shitty prequels. Why the fuck is General Grievous in the "Vintage" line anyway?! They didn't sell a figure of him in the 1980's! Worst than that is the fact that all the cooler non cartoony "vintage" figures are practically $10 dollars every where you go! fuck that! I'd rather get 21st century German soldier action figures on Ebay for the prices they're asking! If they were about six or seven dollars I wouldn't mind, but ten dollars is a fucking rip off so fuck Hasbro, fuck Walmart, and fuck Starwars. And that's my rant.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
yeah, it's the same asst of star wars clone wars crap. nothing new of the OTC stuff. Which, once again, is aimed at collectors.

It seems, the same vehicles are laying about as well, nothing good either.

Which is surprising considering Star Wars always had some of the best stuff on the shelves, iconic wise.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
lancelot, I'm not saying they don't have any SW stuff, lord knows they are floating in it. What I'm saying is that the figure assortments are the same damn ones that have been there since november. No new waves, just more of the same. To me, all those clone troopers look exactly the same. I can't imagine who buys them.

And I agree that having "vintage" prequel stuff is odd. I'm sure it appeals to some demographic of the SW collecting community (which is likely quite diverse), but it means nothing to me because I'm only interested in the original trilogy stuff. Plus, I only buy the ones in the vintage packaging because it's out of nostalgia more than anything. I try very hard to pretend that Ep I-III do not exist.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
And I agree that having "vintage" prequel stuff is odd. I'm sure it appeals to some demographic of the SW collecting community

Yeah, it's called Pokemon or Gotta Catch 'Em All Syndrome.

Every hobby has it's share of completionists that will by any damn thing with their preferred brand on it regardless of if it makes sense or not.

They're the people who bought KISS Kaskets and condoms, or shoddy paintings of Elvis on faux black velvet.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Well, I can't deny that I certainly have those tendencies, but I have the ability to draw the line at things I really dislike, such as anything from the prequels...

That being said, I did buy a SDCC Slaughter despite my great dislike of the character. It was more out of self defense so that I wouldn't later regret it for some unknown reason only to find out that they cost a small fortune.

However, I find that the older I get, the more choosy I am able to make myself become. Most of the time I am able to deny the collector's impulse and not just collect for collecting's sake.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I wasn't even aware that Hasbro bothered making new sculpts or figures for Star Wars. What more could they make? they've already made five versions of every obscure, esoteric background character ever! I figured they were just going to repaint the same old figure (or better yet just repackage them) until the end of time! It's all becoming a blurred mess of meaningless (and overpriced) crap! I think I'd rather hunt down the original figures on Ebay then go to walmart and pay too much for more of the same.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
The newest ones I've seen are the Stormtroopers that are super articulated. They didn't look that great to me. The Sandtroopers looked better. The R5 droid is also in that line.
I purposely do not buy any vintage major characters with t-waist. Like that ceremony Han Solo, why Hasbro just why? :rolleyes:
Troop builders I am more inclined to get with t-waists unless there were previous ones without. Why would I buy a t-waist one if they have the molds to make the new articulation one? The new Rebel Fleet troopers have t-waist but are an upgrade from the last version.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
The more and more we gt in to waves the less and less new Figures are release witch sucks. All I see is maybe 3-4 new figures and all else is crappy old stuff. I still think they never produced Hondo.... Dammit I want that Space Pirate!!!

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I was pretty happy with my Bespin Luke. The articulation still leaves much to be desired, but the SW stuff I don't mess with as much as my Joe and MU figures, so I'm more concerned about the sculpt than the articulation for the most part.