Doctor Who in 1:18

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
That would be pretty swag to have. Whatever that means . . .

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
While I don't care much for anything outside of Tom Bakers Dr., I'd love some more Daleks. Any of the newer Dr. figures or his companions would make good civilians/back ground characters.

I have some of the old DAPOL figures and while they aren't good by today's standards, I love 'em.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
10th Doctor might be good for some Destro customs?

I was under the impression they wouldn't be back tracking on the characters in the 1:18 line. No David Tennant Doctor, no Rose Tyler, etc. Though if they did one a Destro from it could be cool.

First thing I do when/if I find one is a WWII Dalek, accurate Dalek variant base or not.

While I don't care much for anything outside of Tom Bakers Dr., I'd love some more Daleks. Any of the newer Dr. figures or his companions would make good civilians/back ground characters.

Fogger sent me a 1:18 cast of Tom Baker Doctor, and it looks just like him. Still haven't found a project for it.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh, dear. The Doctor Who figures are out in the UK and the results are disappointing.

Nicked those from Joe Customs. I'm not seeing Clara, but if these are any indication she's gonna be mighty small next to Joes.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Well I got the 5" daleks, which work well because I like big Daleks.

Had these on pre-order but will need to hold off on these for a month or 2, Don't want any unexpected funds comming out before my kid's 1st birthday.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They'd still work for short civilians.

REALLY short civilians. I was thinking Clara would probably pass as a young teen. Have to see her in person. Still hoping Hastings carries these.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
REALLY short civilians. I was thinking Clara would probably pass as a young teen. Have to see her in person. Still hoping Hastings carries these.

Between 5' and 5'6", probably, which isn't all that bad. (That's based on a guesstimate from the pics)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Sure, but there's more to scale than just height.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, lack of civvies is lame.

Mattel/Fisher-Price should really bring back the Adventure People concept.

Wait, who am I kidding, Mattel couldn't make a good 4" line these days if the company's future depended on it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're probably closer to 1:18 than Joes, iffin' we're honest. I say the same thing about Medicom, though. What 1:6 scale are they using?!

You haven't seen these in person yet, Dark Horse?

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
A true 1/18th based off of a 6' person is 4 inches. (72/18) Modern Star Wars and other true 4" figures are spot on. They are the real 1/18th. Modern Joes and MU are big or based off an average bigger than a 6' person.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
A true 1/18th based off of a 6' person is 4 inches. (72/18) Modern Star Wars and other true 4" figures are spot on. They are the real 1/18th. Modern Joes and MU are big or based off an average bigger than a 6' person.

Boom!

God, what do companies have against making suited figures available for an average person to buy. Sucks the suited doctor says rare right on the packaging.

Even if he wasn't rare he wouldn't scale well with most of what we collect anyway.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL

YOU SCALE NAZI ERMAGHERD! YOU CANT USE MATH I REJECT YOUR ASSERTIONS AND COUNTER WITH INSULTS AND NERD RAEG!

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

Well, my knee jerk response to this would be," No shit Sherlock" , but I find it very amusing that you took the bait so readily.

Modern Star Wars seem to still be 3.75 inch which is 1:19 (1:20 if you want to pretend they are taller). Maybe some of the Black Series stuff is taller, but the SW figures I have are not 1:18.

YOU SCALE NAZI ERMAGHERD! YOU CANT USE MATH I REJECT YOUR ASSERTIONS AND COUNTER WITH INSULTS AND NERD RAEG!

He does tend to get pissy about scale. It's not my fault if he wants believe something is 1:18 scale when it's not.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
He does tend to get pissy about scale. It's not my fault if he wants believe something is 1:18 scale when it's not.

wow, my first time I said anything about scale on this site, possibly once before (I don't remember). I was never part of the Marauder stuff and I don't spiel scale much anywhere. Why would you feel the need to bait someone anyhow? That's the bigger question from me.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
wow, my first time I said anything about scale on this site, possibly once before (I don't remember). I was never part of the Marauder stuff and I don't spiel scale much anywhere. Why would you feel the need to bait someone anyhow? That's the bigger question from me.

:trollface: I'm just fucking around, Med. Didn't mean anything by it.

But, yeah, this comes off a little pissy (sorry). I was gonna let it go, but not after some of the other posts came in.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Not sure how his response came off as pissy. It was just stating fact. Pissy would have been:

"Fuck you, man! This is true scale and you're stupid!"

And the other posts were just making light of it because of some of the bullshit that went on elsewhere over this very same issue, but with guns instead.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
It's all good. I was so on the fence as whether that was sarcasm after XOC sarcasm. lol.

edit - as long as the debates don't go name calling and stick to the debate, there is never a worry about a debate over a hot topic. Debates can be good when people are in control of emotions. No need to ever apologize for that bro. I took it no other way than a debate.

Let's just move forward and talk toys!!

Last edited: