Dropped from Slayer?

Tapper

suck it up cupcake!!!!
May 19, 2012
Has any one else been dropped from SDS forums? I got an Email this morning from them, now I can't even get on their site.

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
I was just gonna ask about this and saw there was already a thread. I got the same email- dropped due to inactivity, but it looks like the whole site is gone. clicked on the link to re-register and it wouldnt let me. tried just typing in the site address and that didnt work either.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Last thing he said was that he'd keep the site up if people still wanted to use it, and a couple indicated they'd like it to stay up. There were even recent posts. There are no threads, no forum topics, nothing left. It's not like a forumotion forum was costing money to operate, since it's free.

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Can we not turn this into another "bash Dave" thread? As far as I know he wasn't even the forum administrator. From what he told me, he didn't even want a forum in the first place, but people asked him for it.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
You know, I'm probably gonna catch hell for this from somewhere, but I might as well just go ahead and get it out before it gets found out and someone tries to use it as ammunition against me.

First off, to address what Fogger said: There's no one else to bash. Dave removed Cloud and I as administrators a while ago. I had even resigned, though despite it, I stayed to make sure things were fine and all was running well. I had Dave's login info from a while back, which he had given me in case something went wrong and I needed to log into the forumotion founder utility, or have founder access to repair an issue. Since he had little interest in dealing with the day to day technical issues(which is why I was given the job in the first place), and I knew Cloud wasn't going there, it really was only me making sure things were okay.

I noticed the other day, when I went to log in and do my daily check on things there, that the site was deleted. Since the site goes a couple days without people posting sometimes, I doubted anyone knew it. So, I logged into the founder utility and restored it. A while later, it was deleted again. So, I restored it again.

Today, though, everyone gets that email that they were being removed due to inactivity. The reality of it from the server logs(which are conveniently gone now, so my wordpad copies probably wouldn't hold up in court), was Dave logged in, deleted all users, all forums, then changed the founder utility password so that I couldn't restore it.

Obviously, someone can say that since I had the access, I must have done it. I'm not doing this because I feel guilty, I'm saying all this because you guys deserve to know more than just 'inactivity' is what happened. I honestly tried to keep it up for you guys, but it was made certain that I couldn't bring it back for you this time.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
You know, I'm probably gonna catch hell for this from somewhere, but I might as well just go ahead and get it out before it gets found out and someone tries to use it as ammunition against me.

First off, to address what Fogger said: There's no one else to bash. Dave removed Cloud and I as administrators a while ago. I had even resigned, though despite it, I stayed to make sure things were fine and all was running well. I had Dave's login info from a while back, which he had given me in case something went wrong and I needed to log into the forumotion founder utility, or have founder access to repair an issue. Since he had little interest in dealing with the day to day technical issues(which is why I was given the job in the first place), and I knew Cloud wasn't going there, it really was only me making sure things were okay.

I noticed the other day, when I went to log in and do my daily check on things there, that the site was deleted. Since the site goes a couple days without people posting sometimes, I doubted anyone knew it. So, I logged into the founder utility and restored it. A while later, it was deleted again. So, I restored it again.

Today, though, everyone gets that email that they were being removed due to inactivity. The reality of it from the server logs(which are conveniently gone now, so my wordpad copies probably wouldn't hold up in court), was Dave logged in, deleted all users, all forums, then changed the founder utility password so that I couldn't restore it.

Obviously, someone can say that since I had the access, I must have done it. I'm not doing this because I feel guilty, I'm saying all this because you guys deserve to know more than just 'inactivity' is what happened. I honestly tried to keep it up for you guys, but it was made certain that I couldn't bring it back for you this time.
Okay, I knew Dave had given someone else admin access, but not the rest (including that he kept it). I wonder what's going on?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Not bashin, not trying to stir, but didnt Bamphalas also have admin powers.

There is most definately more to this, but I'll wait to judge till Dave says something.
I posted there maybe a week or so ago and still logged in at least every other day or 3 days.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
At this point, it's probably best to let it go. If it wasn't being used, and the store wasn't going to come back which would promote it's use, then the members are probably best served by simply joining other more active communities if they hadn't already anyway.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Not bashin, not trying to stir, but didnt Bamphalas also have admin powers.
If he did it's news to me. The only reds over there I can recall were Dave, Cloud, and myself.

Regardless, I only told you guys so you knew as much as someone who had more access to see more in depth. Much like nacho said, probably best to let it go.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
At this point, it's probably best to let it go. If it wasn't being used, and the store wasn't going to come back which would promote it's use, then the members are probably best served by simply joining other more active communities if they hadn't already anyway.
Exactly...not really sure why anyone cares anyway...

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Since the store is gone and not coming back I figures the deletion of the forum would be the natural progression. The Project ARAH forum is still up as Dave said he would like to try to continue the project.

Jun 27, 2011
The forum was dead . Plain and simple. I made all admin staff mods, asked in a thread they could all see if they wanted to keep it going, 1 person replied.

There was no activity, and well we really going to beat a dead horse here? I have no plans after getting caught up to do any more sites, or stores, to much work and to be honest I just dont have it in me at this point.

I have my life to worry about and getting 100% again. Thats what I am going to do. Most folks are on all the same sites, was there really something at slayer that was that much different or special that wasnt already happening else where? I dont think so.

End of the day I really could care less what folks think, I gave 100% of everything i had to the community for a long time, paid a sculptor to bring 1,000's of new parts to the online community, gave more stuff away then I can even cant, taught helped and funded others to brake into cast and mold work.

End of the day I am fine with being the bad guy who ended the forum.

Just for the record, GTG closed due to a cease and desist from Hasbro, after getting slapped with a huge fine for molding star-wars parts. We had no choice Had to change the name to continue, and no more repros. Tri-gate started up, and ended with partners all going there separate ways, I had no plans to get rid of the tri-gate board, i just didn't pay for its renew. Slayer was a free board that wasn't active, and I felt with slayer not coming back, what was the point?

If it was that important to folks, they would have hung around, the board was to be a custom resource, not really anything to do with the store to begin with.

I have told my deal and what I have gone thru this year, not going to repeat it again, for anybody still upset, all I can do is say sorry.

I am not a part of the community anymore, and I dont have plans to be again. I am done. My plans are to finish what I started and do my thing on my own.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
The forum was dead . Plain and simple. I made all admin staff mods, asked in a thread they could all see if they wanted to keep it going, 1 person replied.

There was no activity, and well we really going to beat a dead horse here? I have no plans after getting caught up to do any more sites, or stores, to much work and to be honest I just dont have it in me at this point.

I have my life to worry about and getting 100% again. Thats what I am going to do. Most folks are on all the same sites, was there really something at slayer that was that much different or special that wasnt already happening else where? I dont think so.

End of the day I really could care less what folks think, I gave 100% of everything i had to the community for a long time, paid a sculptor to bring 1,000's of new parts to the online community, gave more stuff away then I can even cant, taught helped and funded others to brake into cast and mold work.

End of the day I am fine with being the bad guy who ended the forum.

Just for the record, GTG closed due to a cease and desist from Hasbro, after getting slapped with a huge fine for molding star-wars parts. We had no choice Had to change the name to continue, and no more repros. Tri-gate started up, and ended with partners all going there separate ways, I had no plans to get rid of the tri-gate board, i just didn't pay for its renew. Slayer was a free board that wasn't active, and I felt with slayer not coming back, what was the point?

If it was that important to folks, they would have hung around, the board was to be a custom resource, not really anything to do with the store to begin with.

I have told my deal and what I have gone thru this year, not going to repeat it again, for anybody still upset, all I can do is say sorry.

I am not a part of the community anymore, and I dont have plans to be again. I am done. My plans are to finish what I started and do my thing on my own.
Giving stuff away and helping "the community" is all fine and dandy but at the end of the day money was taken for services and they were not rendered. That is just theft. Sorry if I sound like an asshole but in your own words I could really care less what folks think. I just don't understand that if you helped all sorts of people why none have been willing to help you when you needed it? I have seen one person say they offered from whom you had taught and an individual mentioned they would try to help you on back logs. If I missed any others my apologies but it does not seem any others have stepped up.

The boards were just the last hope for people to possibly see things they had paid for in the future and now it looks to be that any hope could be lost. It would be nice if not but with the text you have posted it would seem to lean that way. The boards were dead and that is what it is.

I would just say at this point to not tell people you are sorry. It has been said plenty and it is not necessary anymore. Since you are not part of the community anymore, concentrate on your health. No need to carry on about why things happened. Time to just drop it all and move on. People are out money and items. There are now lots of options for people to get different stuff.

Anyone who still has hope of items the best of luck. Maybe things will get done and they will go out.