Fighting 1:18th Fantasy Football League - 2018-2018 - NOW OPEN!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
This season the last game is on 12/30/18 so, yay, no 2019!

The League, I guess, renewed itself yesterday.. so I think everyone is in. I'm going to try and check in on everyone to make sure they're playing this year.

In case anyone forgot.. Nacho, after years of being a bridesmaid.. was finally a bride.. and won it all! I hope you've been enjoying that trophy.. because I'm sending the river pirates to bring it home this year!! (Goddamn trash 4th place finish..)

We CAN add 2 people to the league if anyone knows good people who like to play. We don't have to, but the option is there. We may need a fill-in if someone drops out too.

Welcome back!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
It's weird... last year was the first time I ever had to autodraft (family conflict, couldn't be helped). So that would imply that I'm simply shitty at drafting. Except autodraft did a terrible job and I had to make wholesale changes from the wire just to be competitive, but I wasn't afraid to do it because my autodraft team was such a hot mess.

So I guess the takeaway is to be quick with the hook? Or maybe it was just dumb luck. Regardless, I'll be back to make a run at my comfortable runner-up spot ;)

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I think not being attached to your players is key. I always hold onto someone I drafted high up just because I drafted them high up.. expecting them to eventually be as good as I thought they would be, which rarely happens.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
It NEVER happens. They never get back to where you thought they'd be. If a pick (even a top one) doesn't do something noteworthy in the first three weeks, they're gone.

You tell yourself that you're not going to make a noob mistake by panicking and cutting valuable guys, but let's face it, they never get better. They just suck until they get replaced by a committee, and you're too slow to pick up the other guy, or you pick up the other guy, and he's worse.

Remind me why I play this game again?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Didn’t you have to replace your entire team to win?

But yes, they mean crap since NSA will drop down to 8th when Rodgers sprains his dick in the 3rd quarter of the opener and is out for the season. Amazing how deep RB is this year considering there were maybe a handful of fantasy starters 2yrs ago.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I replaced a lot of it. I probably worked the wire harder than anyone. But in my other league last year, I was also rated last - and I didn't auto-draft that one. I still won that league too. They grade as if you're going to keep that roster all year, which I guess is fine for a "draft" grade, but it holds little value for season-long projections.

Seriously, my WRs are so bad. By the time I drafted one in the 4th, I was already into "who?" territory. I picked DT, thinking, "Huh, he's still alive..."

Also, do we not play each other first every year? It feels like it.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I remember playing Nacho first the year you had Peyton and I had Demaryius Thomas and his TE (who retired.. sheesh) and was getting more points than you and he got like 50 points that first game. That was a fun year.

For some reason I couldn't get the draft website to work right with Chrome, it kept lagging out so I finally had to use Edge, but not before my first 2 picks were grabbed. I'm not sure I would have grabbed Hopkins/Hunt, but I guess I'm okay with it. Mitch was over at my place and we were both fumbling around trying to get our shit working. I finally used my phone for a couple rounds before I got everything working right.

I should have waiting on drafting a QB, as it feels way to high. I got nervous and panicked. First draft of the year jitters I suppose.

It's funny how you can trick the auto draft into picking stuff, when Mitch got a defense all the other teams grabbed defenses. When a kicker got taken, all the other teams grabbed a kicker.. then defensive players etc. I grabbed 2 DE's.. d'oh.

The report card thing is a joke, but Double Checkers auto draft did him no favors!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
IDK, the 49'ers certainly had him confused during the first 2 drives of the game, overthrowing receivers and having to check down a few times. The drives ended in TDs (as did the following 3), but it shows Patty can get too excited and a smart defense can slow him down.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
No way Denver beats this team. I expect the Pats to have righted the ship and give them a go. But unless there are big injuries or Patty regresses somehow, they'll be hard to stop in the regular season.

Now playoffs... I don't trust Andy Reid in the playoffs any more than I can throw him. He'll get a big lead and piss it away playing small-ball or try to call seven timeouts or forget that they have to play the 4th quarter and leave for Baskin Robbins. He'll fuck it up. Oh YEAH!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
He did that in game 1 and 3 this year, so it wasn’t Alex’s fault. I always joke with NSA that if the Chiefs have a 14pt lead at half, they’ll lose because Andy will come out and sit on the ball until the lead is severely threatened and by then the players were checked out. This year we have a QB that is use to playing from behind in college and can make that last TD with a minute left.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I can't believe I put up 166 and was 4th! I mean, damn, you broke 150 and weren't even in the top half for the week. That's INSANE.

I have the most "points against" of any team, so your complaints about schedule are falling on deaf ears! It's a miracle I'm at .500.

EDIT: Looking at the recap info, both of our records would be unchanged if we had each other's schedule. We're both getting jobbed.

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
If I do not win this week, we might as well start engraving Mitch on the trophy. Ridiculous that 5 teams broke 160, 3 broke 170 an I broke 190. It was only a month ago I was bitching that it took 140pts just to have a chance.

I feel bad my friend Dark Gravity has the 3rd most points and yet is in 6th place with only 2 wins.