Fighting 1:18th Fantasy Football League - 2018-2018 - NOW OPEN!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Nothing matters until December. As long as you're in the top-6, it's all good, especially given the up and down fortunes of teams, injuries, and such. I should know, as I've dominated many-a-league through the regular season only to get up-ended by the 6-seed who blew up using a 3rd-string RB that no one had ever heard of in October. You just need to get invited to the dance.

Admittedly, the byes are nice, simply because it's one less week you have to get screwed by the randomness of the game, but top-6 is really all that matters to have a legit shot.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, our tight bench rosters are tough to manage sometimes, especially with the size of the teams, IDP, and such. Part of me hates it when I have to make tough decisions, and part of me likes that fact that good teams can't just horde good players they'll likely never use.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I won a 2nd game! DONT CALL IT A COMEBACK!

At least I'm only 1 game out of 6th, so as long as I can make it to playoffs I have a chance. I've scored the 5th most points so it's not like my team is terrible..

Mitch is gonna be hard to stop this year I think. Damn. pcsguy88 is gonna be hurting when the Chiefs go on a bye...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I woke up this morning and was like.. whaaat! I thought I was finally in playoffs!

Thankfully it seems fixed. 6th place baby!

I don't need to win, I just need Webb Slingers to keep losing. People are finally starting to catch up to my points against score..

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Nacho nacho nacho... yeesh!!

Assuming things plan out as projected (ugh).. we should have a lot more clarity on playoffs come tomorrow.

PCS + TP are probably a lock for 1st and 2nd spots. Lucky me has to play BOTH of them to finish the season.

Bill, Andrew, and Double Checkers are eliminated for all intents and purposes.. Bill could technically finish 6-8 but he wouldn't have enough points to break a tie breaker.

nacho should be locked into a spot, as the worst you can do is 7-7 and you have a ton of points. Same with Mitch but he has significantly less points.

The only real wildcard is Webb Slingers... if he somehow wins the next 2 weeks it could bump someone out of playoff contention. If Nacho beats him next week though, then Dark Gravity and I are safe. Come on man!

Coming down to the wire for sure.. it has turned into a pretty competitive league. I can't believe Mitch went 7-0 and then dropped 5 in a row.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
It's crazy, as I'm the second highest point scorer... yet I'm barely over .500 and not locked-in headed into wk 13!

Realistically, I will likely end up with a mid-pack playoff spot, but I could still wind up with a bye or completely out. Nuts, I tells ya!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I can't help it that Kamara sucked for the second week in a row or that Fournette decided to go all MMA last week. And AJ Green stumped his toe in the 1st quarter... or that Slingers would have Tarik Cohen put up a thirty-spot.

It's a perfect storm against me every week. The same Double Checkers team that put over 150 on me last week produced a whopping 67 (projected). WTF Mattel!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
This season, between the Raiders and Fantasy, has almost killed the last vestiges of my care for football.

The wacky pinball scoring was already getting on my nerves, and I feel like this season amped that up 5 notches. I don't want the NFL to turn into college football.

Also, the Raiders did fine vs the Chiefs, they stayed 'competitive' despite having no one on the team worth a salt, and I think they're back in the #1 pick spot with AZ winning in Green Bay and the Giants winning vs Chicago. They're tied at 2-10 with the 49ers.. but the 49ers beat them.. so I think that makes them the lower seed. Yay?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
It's dumbfounding how a team could play so shitty all day and still put up 40pts. Mahomes couldn't hit the broadside of a barn for most of the day and Ware got stood up at the goal line time and time again. Chiefs are in trouble these next 3 weeks (Ravens, Chargers, Seattle) if they can get right in the head.

Oh yeah, FUCK YOU PITTSBURGH. Games are 2 halves, not one! I'm sure you'll break some other streak against the Patriots this week just to avoid helping the Chiefs.

But seriously, how pissed must Tomlin be after being told by the refs at halftime that they screwed up and gave the Chargers their only points to that point that just happen to be the difference at the end?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I couldn't believe they went 220-0-2 when leading by 14 points at home. I tried to figure how long that was.. but the only number I could come up with was like 27 years.. but that's assuming every home game was leading by 14 which isn't true. Had they never lost a home game once up by 14+?

Chargers look like the plucky team that could.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Thankfully the Chiefs have the tie breakers all the way down to the 3rd layer (common opponents) so only need to beat them and one other game to take the division or lose to them and win the other 3 games. It's the Patriots with their tiebreaker over the Chiefs that is causing grief, not to mention the damn Texans and their impossibly easy schedule the rest of the year.

I think the Chiefs lose in Seattle which lines up with the 2nd round of our playoffs meaning I will be one and done.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Not necessarily. The chiefs continuing to roll could very well be your fantasy undoing. If they rest everyone week 17, it'll be tough sledding. I know you did well during the chiefs bye, but do you really want to try that again in the championship round? I wouldn't if I were you. You're better off if the Pats and Chargers keep the heat on KC.