Fighting 1:18th Fantasy Football League - 2019-2019 - NOW OPEN!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It's almost time for another year where pcsguy88 doesn't win!!

2019 Fantasy Football season! Our 7th season (already?)

I got so close to a 3rd championship.. but alas.. still don't know how I beat PCS and his Chiefs team of doom. Hunt getting kicked out really hurt me bad.

Going to be interesting to see if Mahomes goes #1 overall this year...

Draft is set for 9/1/19 @ 10:30 AM pacific tentatively.

I'm going to make some QoL improvements this year to some of the rules, once I figure those out I'll post them, but getting rid of the limit per week on making moves I think. Probably introduce some yearly limit but not making it so you can't field a full team on a bad injury week. Any other suggestions?

I kicked out the 1 person who just gave up/didn't participate last year (Double Checkers) so we need 1 more if anyone knows someone who wants to play.

Good luck!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
CHANGES! I'm finally updating the 118th league to be modern..

Acquisitions per week up'd from 4 to 10! No more not being able to field a team because of a stupid rule.

Waivers! Players now go on waivers @ game time, through the following Tuesday. Now everyone has an equal chance at making the same pickup mistakes as me.

FAAB! No more straight rolling waiver list.. we're using FAAB (Free Agent Acquisition Budget?). Basically you get a set amount of money at the start of the season and bid on waivers players throughout the season. Highest bidder gets it. It works 1000x better. If you haven't seen it before, look it up.

Week 16 finals! Yes yes, leaving football on the table sucks.. but Week 17 has been a shitshow for a lot of players lately.. I had admitting it, but it's better to do Week 16 finals.

We still need a 10th person, so if anyone has a recommendation let me know. I probably have a few people, but I already dragged in a couple, and want you to have a chance as well.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I'm glad about raising the acquisition limit. I hated having to plan weeks in advance when I had a bunch of players on the same bye.

Never used the salary cap waiver process, but I can imagine it being a bit more equitable. Plus, you don't have to be watching live when a player blows up/goes down to have a legit shot at a good pickup. In a year when I'm waffling on whether or not to bother with Sunday Ticket, the new system could be a godsend.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I think it's $100 you get up front.

After the games that week, you have until midnight on Wednesday (or thereabouts) to place a waiver claim.

The claim isn't a rolling list like it used to be (12th pick in the draft gets #1 waiver slot, when it's used, he moved to the end of the list etc). That system was OK.. but if you're team was doing great, you didnt need to use the waivers, so you'd slowly move up and end up near the top.. then when a GREAT pick came along, the top teams had the top pick and got even stronger..

The way this works is.. everyone starts with $100. When you go to make a waiver claim, you put in how much $$$ you want to spend on that player ($0 is a valid amount). The highest amount gets the player. Most random players can be got for $0 or $1 or you just wait until after waivers and then they're Free Agents until their next game.

However, if there is someone super good.. or an injury fill-in.. people can go crazy. Say you have Gurley and he blows an ACL.. if his backup isn't owned.. he's suddenly going to be super worthwhile.. so maybe you blow $50 on him or something. If you get him, great! But you spent half your cash.. so you have to budget carefully the rest of the season.. likewise if someone else bid $80 then you dont get him.. but have a bunch more cash to play with.

It makes it more of a game, and it lets you really target who you think is going to be good/important. If you can snag them ahead of the rush, you can get them for free or $1 instead of $20 or $30 the next week.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Now that I think about it, I did play in a league with a system like that, but it's been about 13 years. We didn't even use a site for waivers, that shit was done manually. It was a money league with a $1k pot, trades cost actual cash, etc. I never won, but 2nd place paid pretty well, and I was a consistent finalist.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I made a couple other changes to the setup today, please check it out and review..

Giving defensive players more point potential (Basically instead of getting 3-5 points per week they should get 8-10 average). End of year they should be worth around the same as a WR3 or a TE. Not lighting the world on fire, but still being important.

Also changed it so its 3 Defensive players (any position) instead of LB, DE, S. This should help with flexibility.

Also added a SUPER FLEX spot, QB/RB/WR/TE! We added this in another league as it definitely adds to the strategy.

Added an IR/OUT slot, so you can stash away 1 player who is hurt without having to drop them or take up a bench spot.

Tweaked a few things here and there to be more consistent.

Still need our 10th! Going to reach out to a few people I know I guess. Draft time is approaching!

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
Last call! If I don't hear something by tomorrow I'm getting a fill-in! If anyone has someone let me know!!

Other we have to DROP someone and a league of 8 sounds crazy.
My bad I got caught up with work/college and the storm im obviously out