Fighting 1:18th Fantasy Football League - 2019-2019 - NOW OPEN!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I've been #blessed this year in all my leagues, which really never happens.

6-2, 1st in 118th
7-1, 1st in my $$$ league
5-3, 3rd in my other friends league

No real rhyme or reason either, I tried to draft Chubb/Godwin where I could, but I got neither of them in the 118th.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Oh, you can stick a fork in me. With three to go, I'm two games out of 8th, FFS. I had to beat gravity, and fortune said, "No soup for you!"

I can't recall a league this tight in all my years playing FF. Our lower-mid-pack got hot at just the right time (i.e. when they rolled up on my schedule). And due scheduling misfortune, I didn't have a bunch of wins to fall back on. I've never seen a league that had 8 teams at or above .500 at the end of week 10. That's crazy.

If you told me that only two teams would be below .500 at this point, and that I'd be in the top half in scoring, the odds that I'm stuck in distant 9th are astronomically small. The only person I'm beating is the guy who isn't playing. Ugh. :whatever:

Fortunately, I'm 8-2 and in 2nd place in my other league, so the whole season isn't a complete flameout.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah it's actually been a very balanced year, except for PCS sneaking by with his low points but ridiculously low points against.

I still laugh that the abandoned team scored 200 points and won in Week 8!

nacho your next 2 matchups are huge.. Overlord (soon to be 5-5) and the pcsguy88 (soon to be 6-4). If you win those two, you go to 5-7 while maybe Overlord also falls to 5-7, and PCS drops to 6-6. Your Week 13 vs TP is rough, but a win there, and I could see a 6th place finish maybe. Gonna take some help, but the middle of the pack basically all plays each other the next 3 weeks, so it could go a bunch of different ways.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
nacho! You might have gotten bailed out last night by Robert Woods sudden inactive-ness. Overlord was on a plane so he couldn't check his roster. Going to be close.. Kelce/Bosa tonight..

pcsguy88 hoping for a offensive explosion tonight.. 17 projected for Hill seems high, but 4 seems low for Hardman. 1 play and he scan score like 15 points. But he can also do nothing and drop a fumble for -2, so hard to tell.

Amazed McCaffrey scored 25 points in a game where the Panthers didn't score a TD. That's insane.

If Nacho can pull off the win.. Overlord, Andrew, Webb Slingers lose.. a 6th spot finish COULD be possible!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Who would have guessed Deshaun Watson wouldn't break 4 points. Seriously. Matt-I'm-gonna-lose-my-jorb-Ryan gets 17 on my bench, but the second best fantasy QB gets 3.96. WTF.

I screwed myself by not checking on Howard's status. I could have easily swapped him for James White. Everything from earlier in the day said Howard was good to go, so I got busy watching the nascar championship and never thought to adjust at the start of the primetime game.

It's a lost season anyway, so it would be fitting for me to go out with a whimper.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I still need to win out and hope that several others have very bad luck. I would need a rube-goldberg-esque cascade of events to go my way to make it at this point. But sure, mathematically, I'm still alive.

I got very fortunate that the sunday night Jordan Howard oversight did not cost me the game. But now I have to beat PCS, and that feels highly unlikely.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
173.35 projection to 118.36 has to be some sort of underperforming record. YIKES.

I still look at your team nacho and think it's a good team.. man, what the hell! I think you're now mathematically eliminated :(

PCS needs to win, as Webb Slingers (and basically everyone else) has more points than you. But a win and you sneak in!

I can't get a bye.. but I also can't really miss playoffs with a win or loss this week since my points are so high. My team has been sucking though, so I'm probably a 1 and done in the playoffs. Damn you footieball!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I thought my team looked pretty good too, every week, and yet the production just continued to dwindle with each passing game. Watson, Bell, Gurley... it's like I'm 24 months late for them to be remotely relevant. But the way my team's been playing, I'd have just been wasted space in the playoffs anyway. I'm glad my ineptitude could help PCS get in - hopefully some 118th-er can make some noise against the two juggernauts.

I'm the top-seed in my other league, so at least the season isn't a total loss. And my son is playing in that one for the very first time. He's on the verge of making the playoffs, and he's very excited. For a kid only marginally interested in football to start with, he REALLY got excited about fantasy. He watches football with me as much as possible on sundays now. It's very cool. We bond. So... yeah, pretend football!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Could it happen any other way? Once the playoffs start and I'm on the outside looking in, my team puts up 192 points. Seriously. WTFantasy.

Meanwhile, in my other league, I'm the #1 seed, didn't play this week... which is a good thing because I would have lost to pretty much everyone. My 12yo son is in a tight battle, and if he wins tonight, we have to play each other next week. I don't want to eliminate him, but I don't want to get eliminated BY him in his first year. He'll get the big-head and lord it over me for months. There is no good answer. Who could possibly have foreseen this eventuality!?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
191.99 points! Jesus Nacho. Of course. Of course.

My team laid another wet fart. Rodgers was just bad this year, and I didn't draft well, considering. BLAH!

I have 3 teams this year, was 3rd in 2 and 1st in 1. Both teams that were 3rd lost this week. I got a bye as well, which is good cause my team sucked this week. Hoping I don't lay another egg next week.

This season has been so all over the place it seems.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
-Waller (vs flagging JAX) b/c Hooper has the San Fran D
-Brissett, no brainer. He's playing a team that gave up 48 last week. Eli is struggling to knock off the rust.

I too have questions:

- Waller or Cook

- Pick two WR:
Cooper - on a cold streak
Thielen - coming back from injury
Metcalf - up and down
Deebo Samuel - good recently, but still an unknown

- Pick two RB:
Mostert
Lindsay
Mixon
Conner

The good news is that I have Lamar, who LIT IT UP last night, giving me a nice start to the weekend.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Damn it , just saw this (damn weekend).

I hope you went Waller, he had a decent game. Though Cook could still do better.

Cooper sucked again, Thielen sucked, Metcalf did OK, Samuel sucked.

Mostert and Mixon maybe? I dunno who did best there. Did you win?

I started Waller and Brissett. Hooper sucked, so that was the right call.

I have Brissett tonight... BUT... the other guy is ahead by 12.39 points. Manning got 14.32 points! If I would have started him I would have won... ahhhhh!! Now I have to hope and pray nothing bad happens tonight. I'm nervous. The guy I am playing had Vikings defense.. fucking Chargers.

Also, Nacho way to show up in 118 this week! NOW they find how to make points!

Also, PCS.. you lost to BILL! LOL

I secured 5th place! Moral victory!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
At WR, I started Cooper and Thielen, who did jack shit. At RB, I started Mostert and Lindsay (and Bell on thurs). Mostert was ok, but Lindsay was a dud, and Bell didn't do much. Mixon and Conner would have both been better. Most of my skill players grossly underperformed.

I did go Waller. He and Lamar are the only reason I didn't get blown away.

I'm currently ahead by 8 but my opponent has Mack tonight, so I'm likely going down unless Mack gets punched in the spleen before halftime. Anyone have Tonya Harding's phone number?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Ahh I never know which side I like to be on, needing points on Monday night and slowly watching the # go up, or needing to hold off someone, and trying to WILL the game clock to end.

Both ways are stressful as hell, especially in playoffs. Oy.

I had Godwin on my team, and he's likely out next week now, so my hopes of a 1st place finish are shrinking even if I win this week.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
The reality is that I'm just hoping to win so I can get second, as opposed to 3rd or 4th. The dominant team in that other league is rolling, put up 50% more points than any other playoff team. He's going to destroy whatever team advances. I'm just limping along because Lamar is a monster.

But me losing this week would probably be for the best. My buddy that's going to win the championship... I'll be at his place next saturday night. I can't trash-talk a man when I'm crashing at his house. I only see him once a year, so we don't want to spend all night talking about Raheem Mostert and whatever 3rd stringers I'll be offering up as a sacrifice.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
How did Brissett not break 12 against the team that just gave up 48 points the week before?! You couldn't bank on Eli in good conscience. I would take Brissett 95 times out of 100 in that scenario.

We had a bad storm, power went out at the end of the first quarter. I watched on my phone until halftime and then went to bed. I was confident that if I stayed up, Mack would get a garbage TD late in the 4th just to spite me. Plus, I didn't really want to watch Brees break Peyton's record. I was hoping a meteor would hit the superdome, but I knew that was a long shot.

I have zero shot in that championship game, but "first loser" is more than acceptable given what a lousy fantasy season it's been.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I was and still am a little irrationally mad at the whole endeavor. Like.. what the hell, man.

They even got a late garbage TD, but let the RB run it in.. but the backup RB! I lost by like 5 points. I went 10-3 in that league, had the 2nd most points, and lost to a guy who barely made playoffs with a 7-6 record and the 2nd least points in the whole league. AREEGHIGTFISWHFOIHFOEOI!!!!

Woo-sah... Woo----sah. Oh well, at least I get my money back (For some reason we give money to the top 5 teams) and a little extra. Was hoping for the trophy again though after my charmed season.

**********!!! Sigh. FOOTBALL IS OVER!

Now at least I can just root for teams to lose.