G.I. Joe 2016 Lineup

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm sure those goofs that post in the 400th Greatest Joe-style threads will have this knocked out by Sunday evening.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Geez, the only thing that could have got me more excited is a fucking Sudoku puzzle.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I thought they said they were done with the TF crossover sets? :confused:

Either way, suuuuuper happy to see another HISS in one of these sets. :rolleyes:

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I thought they said they were done with the TF crossover sets? :confused:

Either way, suuuuuper happy to see another HISS in one of these sets. :rolleyes:

Different brand manager now. Like how the previous Transformers team didn't like combiners and headmasters etc.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
AT least it's a different HISS. Though I got my fill of that mold at a fraction of the cost anyway. And I have no interest in Transformers.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'm more interested from the TF perspective. I'm not a huge powerglide fan, and I don't get excited about soundwave becoming a tank, but there is something about these crossover sets that I do like. I'll likely get this one because I have the other three (or is it four?).

The joe figures, especially scarlett, look kinda derpy, like they painted all the details with a giant sharpie.

At least this feels like they're trying to do something cool and different. Clearly this is the type of thing that SHOULD be a con exclusive, i.e. something off-the-wall that would never see retail. As opposed to other exclusives that often feel like they're trolling fans by making the hard-to-get exclusive something that everyone wants (Zarana anyone?).

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
stemming from a conversation I read online today, about people debating what the club &or Hasbro can do in regards to exclusives.. (Legal bla bla bla about the club having exclusive or at least 1st rights to exclusives) & what & what not said contract may actually contain......

The short: With the Club gone, & Hasbro could have free range to put out whatever projects they thought might sell..... What are the chances down the line with a shared Hasbro universe that we actually get a Joe (or Joe compatible) toy that does transform that isn't a motorcycle.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
The short: With the Club gone, & Hasbro could have free range to put out whatever projects they thought might sell..... What are the chances down the line with a shared Hasbro universe that we actually get a Joe (or Joe compatible) toy that does transform that isn't a motorcycle.

even the club failed at that with Marissa Faireborn
I might have considered getting her if the motorcycle transformed!
but at the price they want it is a huge joke!

Powerglide makes a great Crimson Guard Rattler!

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I read somewhere that they are doing several new series of comics where all of Hasbro's IPs will be crossing over. Examples given were Joe, TF, MASK, Micromen and something else I have never heard of.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, it's outside of the regular comics if I understand the press release, and while it might technically be in continuity, it'll likely have zero effect on the actual stories in the main titles. I suspect it'll be along the lines of the "Infestation" comics a few years ago. Honestly, my interest in ROM, Micronaughts, and other random hasbro properties means that I'm likely going to skip those one-shots.

I might pick up the regular MASK title though. I was never really into the toys and toon back in the day, but I still had a passing interest (how can you not like a flying Camaro?!). If hasbro starts putting out new mask toys, I could see my son getting into them, and I think that would be cool.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Why in fuck's name did they use that early 25th headsculpt for Scarlett?! The Renegades one with actual lashlines painted would look fantastic.

Someone at HT took a stab at the list. Not sure they're right but there's some interesting ones in there, specifically a new Duke, RnR, Big Lob, Heavy Duty and Doubleblast (Roadblock) which very well could be something I'm interested in. The rest, meh.

Still need a decent Hawk update and Major Bludd, though.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Because Hasbro.

Pretty much . . .

Someone at HT took a stab at the list. Not sure they're right but there's some interesting ones in there, specifically a new Duke, RnR, Big Lob, Heavy Duty and Doubleblast (Roadblock) which very well could be something I'm interested in. The rest, meh.

I don't believe for a second that "Doubleblast" is going to be in the line, otherwise they'd just call him Roadblock. The only conceivable reason is because they're still banking on Dwayne Johnson being Roadblock, which is stupid because it's a TRU exclusive line meant to pander to the old folks.

Then there's Big Lob. I don't believe it. I just don't. The only ones I am sure about is Duke, Snake-Eyes, and Storm Shadow. You know what they're forgetting in the word search? Blowtorch and Croc-Master.

:crying:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I'm hoping Doubleblast gets us the unreleased Renegades Roadblock. Would be a perfect way to get him out.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm hoping Doubleblast gets us the unreleased Renegades Roadblock. Would be a perfect way to get him out.

I'm hoping it's a classic RB design with the Retaliation buck and a new head. The 25th one is ass and the Resolute one looks like a wolf man.

If Big Lob is in there, it makes me really glad I sold my o-ring club figure for a mint a couple of years ago. What a horrible character.

Meh, I'd enjoy a Big Lob. He's silly but there's some novelty to him. Deck him out in some Marauder gear and it may make him a little less terrible.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
My biggest gripe is that (I assume) they are TRU exclusives again. Last year, I never saw half the two-packs b/c they were stocked one-at-a-time and every mouth-breathing scalper or army builder was scarfing them up. Never saw anything but the scrubs.

Doesn't matter how good the figures are if you can't buy them.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Doesn't matter how good the figures are if you can't buy them for retail prices.

Fixed.

But yeah, if i have to stalk the store like some basement dwelling troll, I just don't want them. I don't want to have to put forth that much effort for overpriced figures.

I'm get'n to old for this

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, last year, I ebay'd Leatherneck, Gung-Ho, and Chuckles, and I paid entirely too much for them. WTF.

When I have to pay subscription/club prices for retail figures, there is a serious problem going on. TRU needs to be able to customize case packs based on demand, or Big-H needs to find additional retail partners, or at the very least make them a "shared exclusive" with HTS, BBTS, etc.

Driving 45 minutes to the nearest TRU to find only CC and Shipwreck is a shit way to collect. If that's the best Hasbro can do, fuck 'em. My kids don't care about Joe in the least, so it's like they're just daring me to simply call it a collection and walk away.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's to the point where I am interested, but not enough to go out of my way. If I'm nearby, I'll check...if I'm in the mood to even walk into the store.

They've made me quite ambivalent with the brand. They just make it so dang difficult and not at all fun to collect.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm hoping it's a classic RB design with the Retaliation buck and a new head. The 25th one is ass and the Resolute one looks like a wolf man.

Meh, I'd enjoy a Big Lob. He's silly but there's some novelty to him. Deck him out in some Marauder gear and it may make him a little less terrible.

If they do make a big lob figure, you guys realize it will be a repaint of the wave I Retaliation Roadblock with a different head right? They might be insane enough to give him the Adventure Time key hand for the pencil launcher.

Oh well, I still don't believe they'll go with Big Lob. Why not make a modern Captain Grid-Iron while they're at it? Or Hardball? If they do make a new figure, I think I would just use Big Lob as the quintessential black guy who dies first, because that's what he is in my mind along with Hardball and Deejay.

Oh, by the way, isn't all of last years G.I. Joe product on sale for cheap both at TRU and their website? last time I checked three packs are about $13. I can't wait to see a disappointing line-up be full price again, only to drop to a sale price after I've already got everything. It's like waiting for Ross all over again.

Boy I just can't wait for the new wave of figures and vehicles to be impossible to find this year, not because they haven't been stocked on shelves, but because they haven't been stocked on the same shelf at all. Every TRU I've visited treats GI Joe products like Easter eggs in a hunt. You have to look for them because they're not where they should be. They're scattered all over the place. It's very annoying.

P.S.

Blow Torch and Croc Master are definitely making a return. I just know it.

Last edited:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
It's been so long, I'll probably be uncomfortable walking into a TRU without kids in mind, like a normal "AD-DULT"

Shudder

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*snort*

What he says isn't wrong, though. We all know how this is gonna play out. Can't wait to see who they "Gung Ho" this year.