G.I.JOE 3 discussion

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
G.I.*JOE 3 discussion...

Thought we may as well get an early start on it since there's already talk of it...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like they want to bring back Baroness...

IGN said:
Fans of the G.I. Joe franchise were likely pleased by the news that Paramount Pictures had decided to move forward with a third installment following G.I. Joe: Retaliation’s impressive $132 million worldwide box-office debut. Other than the studios reported determination to shoot G.I. Joe 3 in 3D, details about the film are, understandably, few.

We were able to chat with the G.I. Joe Retaliation screenwriters, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, recently and discovered that the pair are actively in the process of breaking the story for the third film. The Zombieland co-writers were looking at a wall of story ideas and notes for G.I. Joe 3 as we spoke. When asked what sorts of story ideas they were playing with, the scribes said that they wanted to “resurrect the Baroness like a zombieâ€￾ in this next one. Now, the Barnoness didn’t actually die in the first film, so she wouldn’t need resurrection as such. We think the team just has zombies on the brain as they’ve recently launched their Amazon Zombieland pilot. They also may have meant that they’d like to see the character receive a “properâ€￾ treatment versus what was – in the minds of many fans – an odd interpretation of the iconic Joe villainess in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. It’s interesting that they called out the Baroness specifically, though, as she was one of the few villains not mentioned in Retaliation.

The writing team also stressed that Dwayne Johnson’s Roadblock would absolutely be a part of the third film, which is no real surprise, and that Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes were also likely to return. In our recent interview with Johnson (seen above) the actor jokingly said, "I'm leading the Joe's so I better, or there's a problem" when asked if he'd be back. It should be noted that Reese and Wernick haven’t officially been tapped to write G.I. Joe 3. They feel fairly confident in terms of the financial return on the second film though, saying, “It was made for $50 million less and is projected to make $100 more, so I’d call that a success.â€￾ We will keep you updated as details on the project emerge.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
A few things I would like to see in #3

-LJ and Flint spend more time together and actually "hook up"

-A Bigger Joe team even if they are mainly background characters

-No Joes from the first movie(they all sucked)

-Destro with a mini reboot(which was already started in #2)

-New batch of villains. Major Bludd, Scrap Iron, Mindbender and BATS would be cool

-SE back story goes deeper with a war injury similar to the comics

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I'd be OK if they can Flint all together, I think the actor was the worst part, apart from the Blind Master. He was utterly forgettable.

More Joes would be good, I hope they don't jump back to ROC style with a huge base and tons of no-name Joes running around. I'd like to see them grow organically.. montage scene with them going from base to base recruiting the best of the best etc.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, the Joe roster from ROC was lackluster at best, aside from Hawk, Duke, Snake Eyes and Scarlett. Are you fucking kidding me? Breaker, Ripcord, Heavy Duty, Cover-Girl? Not one of them should've been in the first Joe flick. I don't give a rat's ass if Breaker was an original Joe, he's boring as shit. And let's make the Comm guy a fucking middle-eastern looking dude. Way to go, stereotypes.

Retaliation was bigger names, but only fucking 3 of them, plus the few returning guys from 1. They had the opportunity to throw in some more familiar names, yet we get Colton's no-name crew and Mouse. Yawn.

I wanna see fucking GI Joes in a fucking GI Joe movie. I'm not talking all 605 "active" members from the ARAH canon, but can we get 15-20 "named" guys in a few teams, doing different tasks? Something like a recognizable Joe force from Resolute, with a few background guys tossed in for flavor. They can have support "greenshirts" but as just military backup, not specifically Joe members. That never made sense to me.

As for Cobra, I'd be happy to see Bludd, the Twins, and Destro return. Maybe with his IGs. And Cobra needs to be a goddamn threat, not 20 Cobras with 2-3 tanks, a hover craft and a few helicopters.

It's like ROC was too big and ridiculous to be an elite fighting force, and they pulled it back too much for Retaliation that they lost any sense of scale.

If they set up something with Serpentor, that better be for a fourth film, because the last thing they need to do is go the route of Dark Knight Rises, X3, or Spider-man 3, where 1 is meh, 2 is amazing, and 3 is just everything thrown at the screen that the studio could muster.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
A few things I would like to see in #3

-LJ and Flint spend more time together and actually "hook up"

-A Bigger Joe team even if they are mainly background characters

-No Joes from the first movie(they all sucked)

-Destro with a mini reboot(which was already started in #2)

-New batch of villains. Major Bludd, Scrap Iron, Mindbender and BATS would be cool

-SE back story goes deeper with a war injury similar to the comics

All good. As much as I want to see an SE back story like from the comics, they're pretty much ignoring his soldiering and making him 100% ninja. So maybe delve into how SS is responsible for his scars and establish SS as a continual enemy of his.

A character with a Destro connection that I want to see is Wraith. At this point, they need a character who can kick SE's ass. Either Scott Adkins or actually go with a Frenchman in either Cyril Raphaelli (Elodie's D13 costar) or Vincent Cassel.

I wouldn't mind if they brought the Baroness back and just made her some rave bimbo that CC fell in love with and just nano'd her into his perfect mate. It's evil and if its always someone different in each movie, it could be comically evil.

Push You Down

Enlisted
Sep 9, 2011
Los Angeles CA
As terrible as Retaliation was...they could still try to pull out a decent 3rd installment.

If they hadn't already ruined the "joes as criminals" premise, I'd have loved to have seen them adapt the Borovian gulag storyline.

I think Destro should be the villain in the third though. CC was underwhelming.
I think Tomax and Xamot are needed. Bludd was seen in the opening "After the nannite wars..." intro so he could be used. Bring back Baroness.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Realisticallly....

I'd like to see different teams nazy/army etc on different missions.
Use this as a real opertunity to SELL TOYS.

I think the Twins & Major Blood are likely contenders for the next one.
I'd like to see scrap iron but maybe we should save him if Destro comes back.

I'd like to see Cobra as a real threat & maybe beating the Joes. Then surprise Destro is behind the scenes making sure the Joes have what they need to defeat Cobra. REVENGE!!!!!!

Bigger teams Multiple teams grander vision!

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012
I want a free-for-all dogfight that puts the Battle of Shattered Skies to shame. Why is it that not one person in Hollywood has the balls to do it?

Hell, mix in the jetwing sequence from Black Ops II for maximum fun. Raid on Cobra fucking Island- there's your selling point.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I love all the ideas you guys have mentioned...still loving the idea of mutable small 3-5 man teams of Joes around the globe doing their part to come to a mission conclusion near the end...

I still would also like to see Zartan return with Dreadnoks...but I want to see them as a bada$$ biker/merc gang...

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
It needs more ninjas. Not enough in Retaliation.

You get out of here with that BS!! :D

No need for more ninjas. A small group is just fine.

I'd like to see Cobra as a real threat & maybe beating the Joes. Then surprise Destro is behind the scenes making sure the Joes have what they need to defeat Cobra.

I like the sound of this the most. I'm happy that there is a third installment but don't want everything thrown at it as if it's a trilogy, save some ideas or a fourth or fifth film.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
In film its usually a 3 movie run that they shoot for if you want to make a series.
Actors, producers & directors don't always want to sign on for more than 3 films especially if other opertunities come along.

Audiences historically usually start to lose interest after part 3,

I could see a part 4 or 5 if they introduce diffent teams & charactors with each movie. & maybe use the bond film method to continue the series but that is unlikely from a movie studio's point of view.

But it may be possible to ignore ROC & treat this as 1of 3 movies if the money is there.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like Chu also wants to bring back Scarlett...hopefully he leaves Ripcord behind and the dead Joes STAY DEAD!!...f*@# Duke!!

Anyway...from comicbookmovies.com from CraveOnline

Comic-Con: Jon M. Chu Talks G.I. Joe 3

This year's G.I. Joe: Retaliation scored over $350 million at the global box office and of course Paramount is going to follow it up with a third film in the series. They've even tapped "Retaliation" director Jon M. Chu to helm the feature.

Speaking with our friends at CraveOnline, Chu spoke in good detail about the world they've created and what characters could see a return in the third film.

"There's definitely a possibility that we'll get Scarlet back. I think there's a lot of characters that we can get back. The G.I. Joe world is a large world and we're with one section of it. In mind it was never "Oh we're getting rid of everyone and that's that!" This is another part of the universe and I'm sure we'll get her back. She has some of the most interesting storylines, especially with Snake Eyes."

Chu appears to have big plans for the future of the franchise, hinting that we've only scratched the surface.

"The reason I love G.I. Joe is because it goes everywhere and it stretches and it pulls. There's never been a mythology like that hefore where it mixes military, ninjas, androids, and crazy political things between the Cobra. I just love that. All the doors are open for us. We started with the foundation of G.I. Joe Retaliation to clear the slate, to get to where this world lives and we have ninjas flying next to military guys. Now we can take the next step, now we can go on an adventure somewhere else and we can just keep building until you are literally like "What the hell is going on here?"

Chu confirmed that the third G.I. Joe film will likely be shot in 3D, in favor of doing a post-conversion that delayed the release of "Retaliation" by almost eight months.

The third film currently doesn't have a release date nor a confirmed cast ,but it is expected that D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson will return.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
With as many good characters in the Joe universe, they could easily make a few different movies with different casts and crews and just "Assemble" the best of the best for an epic showdown every once in awhile. Joe, unlike Avengers, doesn't need the same core characters and can rotate new blood in as it goes. Heck, in the comics, plenty of characters were written out when their enlistment was up.

The only one they would feel like had to be in every Joe movie is SE and he doesn't have to be Ray Park.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Hopefully all the best parts of the third movie won't be spoiled a year or two before its release. Retaliation was definitely a better movie than Rise of Cobra but it was very boring for me because all the best action scenes were released long before the movie. Although I did like most of Zartan's dialogue, as well as Cobra Commander's. I wish they hadn't killed off Fire Fly, he had a good actor too. The bad guys were the best part of the movie. Who could they have for a third movie that rivals how fun the bad guys were in the second movie? Especially since most of them died, or switched sides.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'm down for them to pump out #3 sooner than later. Than we can have another Hasbro "Hiatus" in the toy line as well ;)

Seriously though, lets hurry and get the 3rd movie done and then reboot the movie franchise and start a new trilogy w/out the RoC BS

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
F*@# Joe movies...it NEEDS to be a weekly show...just too much potential to lock up in films that come out every few years...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I agree but like Med(i think) mentioned earlier, it would have to be on a premium channel so they could have a larger budget and be more mature.