G.I. Joe Classified Series (1:12)

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I wouldn't be shocked if it hit 25k before it was over. Lot of bulk/retail/foreign orders seem to come in the last day of these things.

Yeah, a crimson MMS would have been cool, mostly because I would be more excited for the green repaint. But I don't feel bad about the campaign. It's badass looking, comes with 4 figures (which if sold on ebay would pay for the tank), and while huge is still small enough to reasonably display.

I hope a VAMP is next, and I would expect it to have a HAL or something along those lines as the final stretch.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I saw a video from SDCC where the main H'bro guy from the videos said he wanted to do a Rolling Thunder :rolleyes:. Easy there, Skippy. I can't imagine what that would cost, nor that they would get nearly as many backers at the price it would take.

The Vamp seems like the right sized vehicle to do. They should do the (decently detailed with actual suspension and probably working lights or something) Vamp with a Mk II kit and maybe offer a Stinger option. Add on a towed Whirlwind or ASP to them and driver/gunner for the $300 price point. That would get most fans pretty excited. I think you'd have a lot that would buy both versions.

I'd imagine they'll do an AWE Striker at some point too, whether Haslab or main line, plus a few other of the small vehicles for the main line. Oh, and I can all but guarantee there'll be a Thunder Machine, as long as the line holds up. But I'm afraid most of the best vehicles from the 4" line would be prohibitively too large for the 6".

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I wish I could justify getting one. They didn't quite get there for me. I think I would have needed an ASP and probably a BAT variant or something like that instead of retro CC. They did remarkably well nonetheless! I just couldn't get to where I felt it justified the cost.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
That CC totally should have released in the WM Retro line. Maybe it was originally going to?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
That CC totally should have released in the WM Retro line. Maybe it was originally going to?
It's likely. I heard rumors (from someone claims to be in the know) that the CG in the retro line was originally supposed to be a different figure, so I very much agree with you.

And I have no doubt that a non-Mickey version will get a mass release at some point.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Survey says: 26,772. That's a lot of massive HISS tanks. I'll bet there were a lot more mutable-order folks than most haslabs, as it's both an army-builder type vehicle, AND a must have for many fans that will likely double in value before it's even shipped.

Seriously, the SW team has to be beside themselves looking at those numbers next to their two-in-a-row failed campaigns. $500 glow stick, my ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThunderDan19

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
That's a very strong finish. Good for them!

Yeah, SW can eat their giant glow stick! Bring on more GI Joe!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
You can bet they're patting themselves on the back internally. You have to also figure they made bank on this offering. Let's hope they don't get cocky (looking at you, SW) and decide to drop a basic VAMP with mostly Breaker repaint Clutch, some strap on missiles, a BONUS blue repaint SE and an extra pack of Cobra!!! stickers for $300 next go round...

And it begins:

Reactions: nacho

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
They’re likely in the same wave as the CG And SE. That’s the only thing that makes sense.