g i joe commercials

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
the voice overs are just awful!...OMG!...so awful!...

however, its really cool to see comics i remember reading (less than a tear ago) come to life in animation...

i don't remember these commercials, but they are pretty neat...aside from the mentiond cringe worthy voice overs

CoBrAtHeEnEmY!

its for your own good
Mar 14, 2011
here
i love these commercials , i dont remember seeing them when i was a kid but i stumbled upon them a few years back on youtube and just thought they where fuckin grate

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
My lord, GI JOE really was a giant advertisement.

The cool part is that the marketing team at Hasbro managed to advertise both toys and comic books in the same 20 second blurb! Marvel was basically acting as a platform for the toys as well!

Ever see the 1986 advertisement featuring the debut of the Terrordrome as a tie-in to the monthly issue of Marvel Comics?

Now that was an ad campaign if I ever saw one!

Freedom

Solo Operative
My favorite one that got me into the comic was the commercial for Snow Job, Doc, the Battle Bear, & the Falcon Glider. The animation was intercut with the toys. Then the cover for Marvel #11 spun towards the screen. "Find out what happens next in G.I.Joe from Marvel comics!" What?! What happens next?! Comics?! Where?! I have to have it!

Hasbro really needs to get their marketing department in gear these days.