General Gaming |OFFICIAL TOPIC| Gaming the System

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I could have sworn we had a general gaming talk thread.. but lord help me, I cannot find it, so here we go!

Anyone playing anything lately?

I usually go in long spurts where I don't play a damn thing. I catch up on TV shows and movies or fuck around on my phone in my free time, but can't be assed to actually boot up a game.

THIS HAS CHANGED!

I saw that a strategy game came to Xbox Gamepass this month.. STELLARIS: CONSOLE EDITION! (also on pee-es4) It's included with Gamepass so why not.

Holy moly I am hooked! It's a "4X" type of strategy game.. think Civilization but in space. It was originally a PC game, but they did an admirable job porting it to the console. There is a TON to learn and figure out.. and I'm still not all there.. but it's pretty fun controlling a fledgling stellar empire.

Each game seems to be randomized, so you never know what you'll get in regards to other aliens, galaxy layout/etc. Highly recommended!

Also, it has a killer synth-type soundtrack (Think Mass Effect combined with the movie Oblivion)

Really listen to them all, they're great 'space-ish' music that kind of go with anything.

Also, I've been playing Clash Royale and Gears POP! on my phone lol

So what is everyone else playing?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Which risk do you play? Before there was an official, my son and I play what used to be "Drisk", but now I think it changed the name to "Border Siege". It was about the only good clone for a long time. Now there seems to be dozens of risk wannabes.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So hooked on Stellaris.. I can't put it down. I start a Galaxy and get decently into it, realized I learned something new, and want to start all over. It's randomized, to a degree, so each time you start it's fresh.. though the game basics remain the same, so you can learn to do it better than the time before.

Right now I think I'm at one of the "Endgame" events, a giant parasitic extragalactic alien force has landed and is gobbling up the sectors at an alarming rate. Need to find a way to unite all the remaining Alien races to try and beat it back.