Ghost Recon: Brokepoint

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So in for this day 1.. I say I'm not buying the Gold-$100+ version.. but let's wait and see.

Looking back at the Wildlands reveal (2015!), it's crazy they revealed this and it comes out this October (4th). I like that kind of announce to release window. It does seem like a proper sequel to Wildlands, will be interesting to see if Santa Blanca shows up at all. I think in the end I was somewhere over 300 hours with Wildlands..

Here is a walk through video as well.. 5 months to go! I know what I'll be playing this fall.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
A very fitting crossover! Terminator!

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/10/18660280/ghost-recon-breakpoint-terminator-dlc-ubisoft-e3-2019

Got to play a mission from this yesterday at E3, it was very smooth, everything behaved just liked you'd expect it to. There were 4 of us, but 1 of them was the Ubisoft guy and he was slowing us the fuck down.. lol we could have completed it twice as fast if he left us alone to get it done.

Can't wait for it to come out. One of the only games NOT coming to gamepass. I guess I'll buy 1 game this year.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah there is a certain 'zen' to just going off into the bush and killing sicarios with your AI team, setting up the perfect run, ambush, sniping them all before anyone is the wiser..

But then you get into multiplayer and it's just balls to the wall crazy, swooping in with helicopters, blowing everything up.. actively encouraging reinforcements so you have more things to exploderate.. it's good times.

I am hoping for more of the same with Breakpoint, crossing my fingers!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Fam.. do I need the $130 ULTIMATE edition of Breakpoint (GAMESTOP ONLY)?

https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/g...book-ultimate-edition-only-at-gamestop/176931

• Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Steelbook Ultimate Edition - Only at GameStop Includes:
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Game
  • Exclusive Steelbook Case
  • Year 1 Pass
  • Bonus Mission
  • Survivor Pack
  • Off-Road Pack
Normally I'd say HELL no, but Wildlands was my MOST played game of 2017 (and probably some of 2018). Physical disk sucks as I like all digital.. but wonder if I can trade the disk in down the road and buy it on digital when it's on sale...

I have like $80 in Gamestop credit I don't know what else I'd use it for..

Decisions decisions.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Beta is coming!!

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint: Beta September 5 – 9

GAMEPLAY CONTENT
During this beta, you have access to several regions and missions to test out in PvE with up to four-player co-op or solo!

REGIONS:
You will have access to the following four regions:

Smuggler Coves
Mount Hodgson
Sinking Country
Fen Bog

MISSIONS:
Operation Greenstone: Two missions from the main storyline.
Auroa Missions: Side missions to discover more about the island and its inhabitants.
Faction Missions: Eight new Factions missions per day.

DRONE AREAS:
Looking to really test your skills? Find three different types of Drone Areas throughout the available regions to battle it out against some of your toughest opponents.

Murmurs: Small flying drones that will swarm the unprepared.
Aamons: Mid-size land drones that pack a punch with agility to match.
Behemoths: Large drones with massive firepower and heavy armor.

We hope you enjoy everything we have to offer in the beta and can’t wait to hear about all of your experiences. If you do not have access to the beta, you can pre-order or register for a chance to be selected!

Please keep in mind that the Beta:

- Is not under NDA, so you are free to capture and share your experiences with the community.
- Is not the final build and elements are subject to change.
- Participants are welcome to share thoughts and feedback on our dedicated beta forums.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter @GhostRecon and talk with us on the official Ghost Recon forums for the latest updates on Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Dadbods.... Assemble!!!!

On that note, I believe there will be a time (likely within our lifetimes) when the vast majority of our armed forces will look like that. Just dudes and dudettes that control some kind of drones with a playstation-like controller from the convenience of a base here in the states somewhere.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I have to imagine the major powers will all be like that, with the poor sods in the middle stuck _actually_ fighting with actual humans.

Though then they'll be the Resistance fighters to our Terminators.. I can see our side getting complacent FAST, and EXTRA SUPER reluctant to have any casualties.

I dunno, while I like it, I still think it's a dark path with a lot of potential pitfalls.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
LOL.. email I got..

Welcome back NSA

After spending 1 hours in the Ghost Recon Breakpoint betas, dedicating 324 hours fighting against the Cartel and taking down more than 21656 enemies, time has come to face your toughest challenge on Auroa.
I didn't bother with the betas much, the Alpha was buggy and it all seemed like re-doing the beginning of the game over and over.

I started the game proper yesterday.. and re-doing the whole intro again. It is... different. I honestly miss the stupid squad interaction and talking. I guess at some point maybe you get AI teammates? So far its all lone wolf stuff.. which is OK, just not the same.

The story seems way worse than Wildlands, at least there you had fun brown people to hunt.. here it's more survival/discovering what is going on. I'll give it a little bit to flesh out, as I'm basically still on the tutorial/intro type stuff.

Gameplay seems fine. Shooting/gadgets/etc all seems about the same. Weapons and loot are weird now, as you find them around and they have stats? You can upgrade stuff? Still trying to figure out how that all works.

Graphics are nice, draw distance doesn't seem to be an issue like Wildlands but haven't really gone exploring yet. Map SEEMS like it is way smaller, but could just be the way it looks.

They have a ton of content in the works.. and most Ubisoft games get good after a few patches.. I'll wait and reserve my judgement until I play a bit more.

It's not instant love, though I don't know if Wildlands was either.. it was more of a slow burn. There are a ton of different vehicles in the game, lots of weapons and attachments, and TONS of tactical gear. The story/line delivery could use some work, hopefully when Cole D Walker gets more involved it'll get better,

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Why do they drag every good game down the MOAR BETTER UPGRADES path? Just give me a better looking Wildlands with a completely new map and story. Give me a rocket launcher and add tanks/drones to spice it up.

I avoided the alpha/beta also after playing a bit of the intro and realizing I’d just have to do it all over again with the retail version.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I don't know, I think maybe it's gearing more into the multiplayer/microtransaction angle? The Ghost you make in the single player.. is STILL apparently Nomad.. but your Nomad is the same character you use in the multiplayer etc so your stats/etc go with you I guess? I dunno I never really got into it with Wildlands..

Hopefully once I get out of the starting basic stuff it will open up and be enjoyable like Wildlands.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I am not totally sold on the changes made since Wildlands (which I put something like 350 hours into), but I am trying to keep an open mind. I do actually miss the squad chatter, and doing it all completely solo is a little weird without the AI teammates. The loot stuff.. ehhh. I dunno. Seems unnecessarily complicated, but it's not a deal breaker. I just set my outfit in the beginning so it doesn't change each time I find some "Higher level Backpack" or whatever.

I'm going to stick with it to see how it pans out.. Ubisoft games usually get better after a few patches. Only noticed a few graphical issues but nothing too terrible.

It does feel like there are 3 bad guys just wandering around everywhere, or stopped to deal with a motorcycle/truck/etc. How are there so many random bad guys everywhere!

Impressions..

Moving bodies.. and bodies not disappearing. I took down a whole little town and had to be strategic with the bodies because I couldn't just zoom-scope the other direction and have the bodies disappear (Wildlands trick). The AI still isn't super smart, and doesn't have great visual range.. but it's a step in the right direction.

Graphics.. it looks pretty. It's not the prettiest game I've ever played, but all the little biomes look cool so far. Facial animations are... ehhh so so from what I've seen. Some characters are perfection, others are kinda 360-esque. I imagine they put the most time into Walker. Letting you totally customize your Nomad means they likely didn't/couldn't do a ton of perfecting.. and it kinda shows. A lot of the random AI people you talk to look kinda bad.

Story... wtf. I'm not going to say it's good or bad yet since I am pretty early on.. but so far it's just a mess. I've seen/done the intro part a number of times and it still doesn't seem like a good starting off point. I gave them feedback after the alpha and beta (though realistically it was too far by that point), that they needed to revamp the intro. The tiny video to cold text to we're on a helicopter and oh no we're shot down does nothing for me. If they would have added a little LITTLE bit more, it could have been a lot better. A better intro video showing Skell Tech stuff in use, maybe a briefing on the USS WASP so you get to know a few of the ghosts before they all get shot down.. I dunno. I liked the Wildlands story and premise 1000x more than this (so far).

Gameplay.. is good. Seems fluid on my Xbox One X. Some kinda walking weirdness when going up hills. My character seems to walk funny sometimes.. I am not sure if it's supposed to imply that his leg is hurt (still has a bandage for some unknown reason) or if its just weirdly designed. Gunplay is pretty good, guns feel more or less like they should I think. HTI sniper bullet drop feels a little off to me, but might just take getting used to. Not a huge fan of the little item wheel thing.. it's clunky/a pain to swap back and forth in the middle of a firefight (grenades to syringes for example).

World.. is.. something. It looks nice, some parts seem believable enough I guess. It doesn't feel nearly as "lived in" as Wildlands did though. Hopefully I'll find some better/more interesting places. I actually liked that large portions of Wildlands were just.. badlands.. nothing really there. It made the little towns/cities feel more realistic. In Breakpoint it feels like they purposefully went and sprinkled 'stuff' everywhere, just far enough apart to make every inch feel important. For gameplay I guess that's okay, but the aesthetic is.. I dunno, too gamey if I'm being honest (what a complaint lol). The aforementioned "3 guys every 100 yards" is already getting old. They're just out.. EVERYWHERE doing.. nothing really. Super easy to take down and get EXP but.. it kind of breaks the immersion when you see 3 or 4 dudes just randomly walking around everywhere waiting to die. Again feels like someone there wanted to make sure there was no boring spots so they jacked the spawn rate up to 500%.

Audio.. quality. It all sounds nice so far. Voice acting is all over the place. I actually don't like the new male Nomad voice, I think he actually can sound a lot like Jon Bernthal at times, which is kind of weird. Some NPCs are good, some are.. laughable. The writing seems pretty bad too. I know we all laughed at SHITBALLS and "a couple of tangos, over there, by that stack of tires" but at least it was useful.. here.. I dunno, half the interactions have the NPC or Nomad cracking a joke.. like.. I just murdered 50 people to get you this thing, and lets joke about it? I dunno. The banter in Wildlands between the squad at least felt like it was earned since they'd obviously known each other for a long time. Now, without a squad, it feels like that same banter now happens with whoever you talk to (ghost or no ghost).

Okay that's a lot of words for now. I am going to keep playing, but as of now, it's not quite what I wanted from a Wildlands sequel, but shows promise.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
This game is such a letdown from Wildlands. I can't believe I preordered the ultimate edition. I thought from the trailer it was going to be a survival game. Metal Gear Solid 3 is my favorite all time. I really dug the survival aspects of Metal Gear Survive. I thought it would either be really interesting diversion from Wildlands or a direct sequel to Wildlands at the very least. While I haven't played games much for the last 8 months, Wildlands was still a game I could always come back to and fool around with a couple nights.

The game feels like they hired some amazing concept artists but then every decision on story and gameplay was decided by a suit. I think the zombies in MG Survive had a better AI than these guys. Wildlands had a better AI. I truly thought walking into this that much of the game began with you being hunted by the Wolves but that's hardly the case. The world feels like a huge dead mess. The NPCs suck. Cancun is more dangerous than this island. I would have preferred a smaller landmass with level/exploration restrictions. These giant open world games just try to blind you with size over quality. I mean, 30 minutes into the game, I have a helicopter and can freely explore the entire game with virtually no restriction. There's occasionally another chopper with riflemen and a couple SAM sites. Why? Because if I stay in one area too long, I'll realize how terrible the infrastructure of this world is.

But the microtransactions..... Oh my fucking god. There's over 100 microtransactions on DAY 1. And a million crashing bugs. You begin with zero camo options for your gear. You have two 3 plaids, Red, Blue, Olive, White, Black. That's why my homebase is littered with coop mall ninjas. I hate having 40 military dudes running around my homebase, doing their own thing. So what do you do if you want a camo option for your gear? You can either fly and get the only single player in game camo loot which is the arctic pattern, grind the battle rewards for a week, grind to get your gear level to 150 so you can do a Raid mission, or you can buy it with a ridiculous amount of "Ghost Coins". I fucking just spent $120 and you can't spot me a basic camo pattern?

The gun level system is so stupid you can only see it for what it is. A sneaky funnel to more microtransactions.

It's not good as a tactical game. It's not good as an exploratory immersion. It's not good as a survival game. It's good at recycling Ubisoft assets and funnelling more money out of you.

I'm hoping this game pulls a 180 and corrects itself like No Man Sky did because right now, it's not worth the standard price. Hell, the thing is so buggy, I'm worried it's going to kill my PS4.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
NSA and I mirror your Wildlands experience and like you it’s the only game I play these days. We were up until 2am last night wandering Breakpoint’s island and I have to say it plays the same. Sure all the RPG elements are pointless nonsense and the micro transactions are absurd, but neither of those things got in the way of playing GI Joe on Cobra island while drinking far too much whiskey. I went from level one to level 19 in those few hours of objective-less wandering. If you want danger, go find the Behemoth test range.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
that is the thing that makes this empty. When I’m playing solo, there’s no one bantering. I don’t know how sync shot will work when they patch in AI teammates. You get three syncs at one time right now. Do you get more with teammates or do they just help engage when the shit goes down