Ghost Recon: Brokepoint

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
There’s a lot of bugs gone from what I can see. I still occasionally run into a game stopping rocket launcher bug. They made it so you can change your character’s gender, face, and hair color mid game.

I tried the Raid. You definitely can’t go in with randos and no mics. The enemies aren’t necessarily tougher but they respond a lot more realistically. There’s no red fog on the display so you have to mark them to see them. There’s enemy mines. You can’t detect them until you hear a blip when you’re next to them. The helos flying around are Orpheuses. There’s 3 sectors with a linear task list that has to be completed before taking on the boss. So the usual, gather intel, go to another location, turn off a AI node, etc.

If your team knows what’s going on, you could split these tasks up because only a couple places absolutely need all 4 at once.

The chests occasionally have new cosmetics, camos, and blueprints to go along with the loot you get from taking down bosses.

I only played the tank boss and it was annoying because only one of us had a mic which made him our commander and he didn’t know enough. It feels bullet spongy, but there is a specific set of team tactics that is required to take it down.

The second boss, I only saw a teaser on and it reminds of what a remake of the original NES Metal Gear end would be like.

I want to play it, but it’s impossible without 3 friends who are losers and can waste 8 hours a day on this thing.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Someone posted a fan made plot line for what they wanted the raid to be and it’s infinitely better. I appreciate what they did with the actual Raid but the fan made one was excellent.

It was a call back to the old Ghost Recon. You’re given a mission on an off limits sector like Golem Island but after given a brief and doing your loadout, you’re inserted with a time limit to do intel objectives and take out the threat. In this case, 30 minutes to counter a nuclear strike on a foreign country to spark an international conflict.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That seems like it would be better.. yeesh. What a mess.

I need to jump back in.. maybe after Jedi Fallen Order.. but I still need to level up my stupid GEAR to even be able to take part.. such a stupid process of gatekeeping..

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I appreciate what they’re doing because someday I might play it and it offers something different. I just wish they had something in between that offered more tactical play without fighting the bosses For hours to get any rewards.

I just don’t feel like getting mic’d up with strangers so I can hear my teammate’s parents getting a divorce in the background.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
They announced today some bribery. Act 2 of the BP Tier system began this week and it is buggin out like Act 1. Worse even.

Next week, everyone is supposed to get everything from Act 1 and 2 for free and they’ll come back in February with Act 3 with hopefully all of the bugs gone.

There’s probably 15 gun blueprints, 10 gear camos, 12 vehicles, 5 clothing cosmetics, and 3 character presets.

That’s quite a bit but they’re dealing with a ton of backlash over the Raids. I think they’re trying to get everyone to stop bitching.

I’m willing to bet there’s a lot of job openings at Ubisoft right now. Either with people giving up over the haters creating drama and leaving or just flat losing their job due to individual performance

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That's nice they're giving it away.. probably realized most people gave up and never even completed act 1 (like me).

Wildlands had SO many camos (weapons & gear/outfit) unlocked from the start. It's a god damn cash-in crime that they locked ALL the good ones away behind quests/money/etc in Brokepoint. At launch without spending money you couldn't even make your guy LOOK like a Soldier really. This isn't an undercover Bolivia mission... you start the game on a god-damn military helicopter on a military op.. you should be looking like a god-damn US spec op soldier. C'mon Man.

Vehicles... meh whatever. Literally the only vehicle worth calling in, ever, is a helicopter. Maybe the tank thing, but even then... why would you when you can have a helicopter. I appreciate them putting so many vehicles in the game, but to then make them all so useless/pointless... just why? Why would you *ever* use a little 4-wheel unarmored, unarmed jeep?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I like the sports car but I have to wreck it to get from a bivouac to a paved road

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I think the main issue with the Raid is they should have started it at a lower difficulty and allowed people to unlock the 2nd sector without a super difficult Raid Boss. There are 4 bosses and they’re all similar in difficulty. I think if they made it a sliding scale where the first couple you can beat without mics, it would naturally team build and make it enjoyable. People start lost and overwhelmed.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Haven’t seen anything official but I keep seeing Dec 18 as the dropdate for the Terminator event.

Tried Raid again. I need to get a mic. No one reads the intel files and just follow each other like lemmings to every non-objective. I end up soloing the damn thing because their always like 3 clicks away, getting killed by patrols.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Title update 1.1.0 delayed until January!

[Update] TU 1.1.0 | Forums

Our goal is to deliver you polished content and meaningful bug fixes, to do that we need a little more time. This means that the Terminator Live Event and the fixes referenced in the monthly update will be coming to you in the new year.
Oh well, no skin off my penis, but hopefully they manage to round this into a good fun game at some point.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I'm thinking by the time the next Ghost Recon comes out LOL. They fix a ton of bugs but then a whole bunch show up. The developers must feel like they are in The Walking Dead. I get to a boss in the Raid and I got everyone working together and figuring it out and then the game just crashes.

Each sector has 2 unique chests that are put randomly after each reset at the various larger outposts.

This week, it put Sector 1's unique chest at the outpost that's the bridge to Sector 2. It put it on the other side. You can't get to it until you killed that Sector's Titan but as soon as you kill that Titan, Sector 1's unique chests disappear.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
You upload Division 2 and start playing with it like it’s going to be an open world Splinter Cell but then you realize that was going to bomb so you decided to make it kind of like Ghost Recon. You need a AAA title for the stock holders so you threw this buggy garbage out there to appease them thinking you can just fix it down the road. But everyone keeps complaining about the tier system, so they’re going to waste development time to make a non-tiered mode, which will piss off everyone hoping for new content.

By my estimation, they are a good 2-3 months behind their 1 year plan. If you’re that far behind now, they should just fix the game and all of this promised content should just be scrapped. And I’m someone that bought the Platinum or whatever.

Take it on the chin. Learn from everything the players are saying and start working on a Ghost Recon that is unique and back to its roots. Moved all of the scrapped stuff to Division 3 content. I’ll probably go back to Wildlands once I get caught up on my 3D modeling jobs.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
The thing I hate most about the Raids is you have to have 4 people. They should be designed so you can get by with 3. It’s near impossible to find 4 competent people.

We tried to beat the super computer for 2 hours last night and the reason we couldn’t beat it is one guy kept getting confused and hacking the wrong node. It never failed, we were close to killing it and this guy went to the wrong node or went to the computer we already destroyed. Or just dies trying to fight the little drones instead just running from them like us.

I wanted to kick him but I knew he was actually playing in the same room as our squad leader.

I just got done today and the squad I was with took down the tank and were struggling with the flying gunship drone. The one guy without a mic wouldn’t listen to us. I was patient, walked through the plan with him and he just fucking kept doing the opposite just to piss us off. So I kicked him. I hate that this game forces me to be a jerk. Next guy came in, did very little, and we took it down.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
If you wanna cheat the raid, a couple of Aussies taught me a DMR/Sniper Rifle glitch that’s a game breaker

You have to be in Sharpshooter with a full tech bar with the sniper or DMR you want to glitch.

You use the tech but you switch weapons after loading the 3 rounds.

Then you go to your equipment screen.

You change something on your DMR like a scope or something.

You exit and switch back to your DMR, fire off 4-5 rounds. Go back in your equipment screen and your rifle is doing 200+ more damage.

I had a MK14 Assault with full auto, doing 268 damage each round. 😂

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint – January and Early 2020 Update

Ghosts,

Back in October 2019, we posted an idea of what to expect Moving Forward for the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint experience. With the start of the New Year, we wanted to share an update on what we’ve been working on and what you can expect as the year continues.

We want to express our gratitude to each one of you who has shared your opinions, concerns, and comments about the game. We appreciate the feedback we’ve been hearing and continue to take it to heart. We want you as a community to enjoy a great Ghost Recon experience, and there’s no better way to create that than to listen to the opinions of players.

We’re excited to be working on new Ghost Recon Breakpoint content and you can expect to see community-driven changes, Title Updates, and new content in 2020.

TU 1.1.0
We’re glad to share that this will be releasing shortly and you can expect to see TU 1.1.0 live by the end of January!

This TU will address the following changes, among others:

• Made improvements to Night Vision.
  • Sharpshooter exploit with DMR rifles addressed in all modes (PvP, Raid, PvE).
  • Players who previously lost their Thermal / Night Vision will get it back after loading their save.
  • Players who previously lost their Water Canteen or Binoculars will get them back after loading their save.
  • Rebalanced Stamina for PvP after it was buffed in a previous TU.
  • Toned down the coughing sounds players could hear while in Erewhon.
  • Enemies will no longer shout in pain after being shot in the head.
  • Improved AI behavior:
    • Fixed an issue where enemies investigating will go to cover mid-detection.
    • If enough NPCs die at a single spot, they will stop rushing the player and will get into cover more often than before.
    • We also modified the vanish rules so that NPCs will stay in the fight if they are close enough to the player.
  • The Digital Scope now has multiple levels of zoom.

TERMINATOR LIVE EVENT
In addition to the Title Update, the Terminator Live Event will be invading Ghost Recon Breakpoint soon. Be on the lookout for more intel!

UPCOMING CONTENT
You can see the roadmap above for an idea of our plans in the near future. The end of February is sure to bring some exciting changes, including the long-awaited Engineer Class, as well as the immersive experience that we mentioned in the Moving Forward letter.

COMMUNITY SURVEY TOPICS
As we mentioned in the Community Survey Results, we also plan on providing updates and changes to items requested within the survey with a focus on those that were most frequently mentioned. You can look forward to the implementation of some of these changes later this year.

Thank you again to everyone who has shared their feedback. We understand there is still work ahead of us, but we look forward to these new opportunities. Happy New Year!

/The Ghost Recon Team

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah. The 28th. Apparently the Terminator can be downed solo which probably means it’s not as hard as Predator since even when on solo, you had AI team mates

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
There are some large automated factories where I can see part of it being set. There’s a large, unused area yet but I doubt they’re using any of that until they get to the next DLC. I don’t think they’re getting to that anytime soon since this quagmire of a game has to be fixed and they’ve lost so much money off of it.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
There's a lot less bugs. The BP Faction stuff is still on hold but you get everything from Act 1 and 2 for free. Everyone's running around in red Mad Max gear because of the Raid. I haven't played it in weeks because I've had way too much work to get done.

Supposedly, the enemies are tougher. They actually throw grenades occasionally now but it's still too easy to camp. One can make the choice to not camp but if you're an instinctive player that reacts to situations, it's hard to break out of it. The enemies on the Raid island are a lot tougher and they use mines.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Live event though.. wonder if that means you can go back and revisit it later? Was the Predator kept in it after its event?
I believe they said this one is forever but you can only get certain rewards during the event.

I just read details of tomorrow’s update and boy is it a slap in the face.

I think it’s good that they took care of the DMR glitch. It was good if you got stuck with someone who didn’t know what they were doing and you walked them through it because it balances out the squad but I got sick and tired and being in a group god moders and doing nothing.

But then they go and nerf the LMGs by -17% when in a boss fight because they didn’t like how everyone was playing with just LMGs. If you really were caught in these situations, wouldn’t you use your higher power weapon? It’s near impossible with anything else. Nerfing the bosses by -5% doesn’t help either because it’s tactically better for reload times if you can hold off until you have a 5 sec window. The reason everybody was beating this thing is because the DMR glitch that existed since beta had finally reached everyone. You eliminate that, and it’s still tough.

Also, not cool about changing Guille colors. I was manipulating that to get the right Snow Serpent colors.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I posted about it. You can glitch a DMR or sniper rifle to do 230+ damage instead of 40-60

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
They just need to give up on this thing. I tried to go on and check out the new stuff. There wasn't anything at first glance that I really wanted. I've been kicked off about 3 times in ten minutes.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I cannot forgive Ubisoft for completely destroying the best game series I've ever played. I wonder how badly this will hurt them on future releases? The made Breakpoint look interesting at E3 and then released a completely neutered version of it. Even the E3 version had me concerned with the lack of a team, but I didn't honestly think the whole game would be solo.

Reactions: Giga Bread

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I think it's a waste of time to go back and add AI teammates a year later. You basically have to rebalance the entire game because it's easy already. There are things I like about the game, but it's missing so much that was in previous installments.

My feeling is they feel they can't allocate the right number of people to fix all this crap and deliver new content because they know they can't turn this ship around and make money back on it.