Ghost Recon: Brokepoint

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
There’s a lot of bugs gone from what I can see. I still occasionally run into a game stopping rocket launcher bug. They made it so you can change your character’s gender, face, and hair color mid game.

I tried the Raid. You definitely can’t go in with randos and no mics. The enemies aren’t necessarily tougher but they respond a lot more realistically. There’s no red fog on the display so you have to mark them to see them. There’s enemy mines. You can’t detect them until you hear a blip when you’re next to them. The helos flying around are Orpheuses. There’s 3 sectors with a linear task list that has to be completed before taking on the boss. So the usual, gather intel, go to another location, turn off a AI node, etc.

If your team knows what’s going on, you could split these tasks up because only a couple places absolutely need all 4 at once.

The chests occasionally have new cosmetics, camos, and blueprints to go along with the loot you get from taking down bosses.

I only played the tank boss and it was annoying because only one of us had a mic which made him our commander and he didn’t know enough. It feels bullet spongy, but there is a specific set of team tactics that is required to take it down.

The second boss, I only saw a teaser on and it reminds of what a remake of the original NES Metal Gear end would be like.

I want to play it, but it’s impossible without 3 friends who are losers and can waste 8 hours a day on this thing.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Someone posted a fan made plot line for what they wanted the raid to be and it’s infinitely better. I appreciate what they did with the actual Raid but the fan made one was excellent.

It was a call back to the old Ghost Recon. You’re given a mission on an off limits sector like Golem Island but after given a brief and doing your loadout, you’re inserted with a time limit to do intel objectives and take out the threat. In this case, 30 minutes to counter a nuclear strike on a foreign country to spark an international conflict.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I appreciate what they’re doing because someday I might play it and it offers something different. I just wish they had something in between that offered more tactical play without fighting the bosses For hours to get any rewards.

I just don’t feel like getting mic’d up with strangers so I can hear my teammate’s parents getting a divorce in the background.

Aug 20, 2011
They announced today some bribery. Act 2 of the BP Tier system began this week and it is buggin out like Act 1. Worse even.

Next week, everyone is supposed to get everything from Act 1 and 2 for free and they’ll come back in February with Act 3 with hopefully all of the bugs gone.

There’s probably 15 gun blueprints, 10 gear camos, 12 vehicles, 5 clothing cosmetics, and 3 character presets.

That’s quite a bit but they’re dealing with a ton of backlash over the Raids. I think they’re trying to get everyone to stop bitching.

I’m willing to bet there’s a lot of job openings at Ubisoft right now. Either with people giving up over the haters creating drama and leaving or just flat losing their job due to individual performance

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

That's nice they're giving it away.. probably realized most people gave up and never even completed act 1 (like me).

Wildlands had SO many camos (weapons & gear/outfit) unlocked from the start. It's a god damn cash-in crime that they locked ALL the good ones away behind quests/money/etc in Brokepoint. At launch without spending money you couldn't even make your guy LOOK like a Soldier really. This isn't an undercover Bolivia mission... you start the game on a god-damn military helicopter on a military op.. you should be looking like a god-damn US spec op soldier. C'mon Man.

Vehicles... meh whatever. Literally the only vehicle worth calling in, ever, is a helicopter. Maybe the tank thing, but even then... why would you when you can have a helicopter. I appreciate them putting so many vehicles in the game, but to then make them all so useless/pointless... just why? Why would you *ever* use a little 4-wheel unarmored, unarmed jeep?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I think the main issue with the Raid is they should have started it at a lower difficulty and allowed people to unlock the 2nd sector without a super difficult Raid Boss. There are 4 bosses and they’re all similar in difficulty. I think if they made it a sliding scale where the first couple you can beat without mics, it would naturally team build and make it enjoyable. People start lost and overwhelmed.

Aug 20, 2011
Haven’t seen anything official but I keep seeing Dec 18 as the dropdate for the Terminator event.

Tried Raid again. I need to get a mic. No one reads the intel files and just follow each other like lemmings to every non-objective. I end up soloing the damn thing because their always like 3 clicks away, getting killed by patrols.