Ghost Recon: Brokepoint

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Played a couple more hours last night, still mostly fun.

Working on catching up on the faction story missions that I missed in my sabbatical. I didn't realize they were shoehorning in the game story into the weekly missions. Kind of a weird choice, since it expects you to care about these people without any kind of real introduction or meaning.. the story is just pretty bad.

But.. the game is a lot more fun now. It lets you focus on the mission and not trying to collect the next stupid thing.

The menu is still dumb, I don't know why they went from the great Wildlands menu to this crap.. but it is what it is.

You can now select a private Erewhon.. which is very nice. You will only see other players in your personal group (so I see no one, not being in a group). It seems to make it run better too. Erewhon is still dumb as a concept, but it seems like the best that can be done with the way it's designed.

I think it'd be a lot of fun co-op in this mode, as you can really get more tactical.

Hoping to get through the story relatively quickly so I can move back to Doom.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
You’ve probably haven’t gotten to it but there was a huge base that was added that’s just a massive letdown. It looks like an external facade to a massive complex and that’s all it is. I need more interior spaces to stealth through.

I still hope that I don’t have to buy another pass to open up that large collection of islands to the east. I want to go there.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Still making my way (downtown).. with the new mode, it is definitely more... fun? The game itself isn't tons different, but playing through without worrying about upgrades or levels or anything is nicer.. it lets me spend my time sneaking around and trying to be tactical.

I still think the AI is dumb as rocks, but got to level 10 on Echelon.. and the pistol reflex mode thing is actually really useful. Not sure I like the sonar thing or not.

Still playing around with some menu options.. but it's.. better. Not great, but good enough where I am enjoying just roaming around killing fools. I noticed that I get hurt a lot more now, and actually injured, so I have to use my injections and bandages, whereas it felt like I never needed them before. I die a lot now too, so I need to step up my stealth game.

Reactions: pcsguy88

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
This is one of my biggest gripes with the game.. look at these shitty cinematics.. like.. seriously. Who the hell is doing the framing here? It zooms in for no reason and basically cuts the player off the screen at one point!

The lip sync is bad and animation bad too.. but.. wtf mattel. I don't remember Wildlands being anywhere near this bad?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I started anew with Engineer. Damn. It’s tough now. My guy was so buffed up with Raid gear and perks, I forgot how hard the game could be. Snipers are a bitch when they’re in unexpected locales and you can’t mark them. I’m not doing any side stuff. I’m trying to get through with just a singular main weapon.

I feel like the game needs a challenge progression and alert levels like with Unidad. I want this game to react as the story progresses to my actions. If I take out a base, I want the area to be on edge and actively prepping like I’m coming for them next. If I’m midway through the game, alerting a patrol should throw a gunship my way. It’s kind of sad that the only time the attack choppers patrol is in the Raid.

It’s just a lot of small things that could make the game better. The further I progress, the tougher Sentinel should get and just throwing more fodder my way doesn’t do it.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
The above cutscene. Even if they synced it right and the characters acted better than the Hall of Presidents robots, characters in this are all Grand Theft Auto ripoffs. I hate that crap. Just have someone call me, tell me to do this, and be done. Don’t have me go on a quest to have a face to face with a cartoon.

I’ve gotten into a few times. Well, I’ve shared my thoughts and have been rudely taken to task for it, but Wildlands kept the character somewhat professional. They kept drama tasks to a minimum. You knew the mission. Side missions might help, but you’re not hunting down metal parts for fishing lures.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, the stupid RPG quest stuff is really misplaced in the game. The fishing lure mission.. jesus christ lol I remember that. OH LOOK I AM A HIGHLY TRAINED GHOST AVENGING MY FALLEN BROTHERS but oh wait let me find this dude some baubles for his little fishing gear LOL K.

The whole premise of a lone soldier is totally ruined by having Erewhon and tons of bivouacs everywhere.. there is no reason not to have a squad of people with you. Even if they're just homesteaders who maybe you can level up too, so they get better.. I dunno.

The whole game is a clusterfuck if you think too hard about it. I feel like there must have been 3 or 4 different people who all got to decide what the game was composed of.. and they all disagreed with each other, but all got their way anyway. It's just a jumbled mess.

I do miss having different factions. A UNIDAD-type is sorely missed, as everything you come across is either SENTINAL/WOLVES or just a non-entity NPC. The NPCs are still retarded. I'm infiltrating a base and killing all the bad guys, RIGHT NEXT TO A DUDE ON HIS COMPUTER and he might go "Ugh! go away!" but that's it, he keeps on typing, with a body right next to him. He doesn't alert anyone or do.. anything. They're basically just useless props, outside of the occasional one that gives you some useless INTEL.

I finished Echelon and am working on Panther now. I wish I could mix and match their perks. I love the anti-drone spray of Panther, but the pistol reaction shot of Echelon is epic.

Either way.. it IS possible to ignore a lot of the idiotic choices and just roam around killing things, which is what I am doing. Extracted Skell in the main story, and am going to try and finish the faction quests. It IS interesting that the faction quests (of all things) seem to impact the world at large, at least insofar as what the guards/etc are talking about. I got up to the point where the virus was released, so everyone is talking about that.

Another dumb choice to have the world progression tied to faction quests that only change every month or whatever.. they were so desperate to try and make this into a LIVE SERVICES title that it's gross. There is still no reason this needs to be ALWAYS ONLINE.. but so far they haven't changed that. It's so annoying. I play for a bit, push it to the background while I do something else, and come back later and it has to reload everything because of the stupid LIVE SERVICES.. bitch I am playing alone!!!

Ugh. Still, better than it was, but it still has a ways to go before it's even sniffing Wildlands farts (except the graphics and controls are better).

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I started a new playthrough on immersive. We have friend passes now but I can’t get anyone to play for free.

Anyways, I started with Engineer and it’s probably the hardest to level up. The defense drone is a pain to use. I’ve gotta kill 6 in one go of it when I’m lucky to get 1. Also requires the killing of a behemoth. Back to the drone, it’s just stupid because I basically shoot everyone myself beforethe drone does. I don’t think it’s designed for immersive and works with enemy tagging. The class gear consumables is also stupid. It’s a drone you throw and hovers in place. It either allows players to get like 200+ ammo that is buffed or you can shoot it and make it go explody. That’s fine but I don't see the tactical point of a floating drone you can’t control. Just make it a satchel.

Also, to rank up, you need a grenade launcher. The blueprint is only available when you’ve ranked the class to 10 or if you do the Terminator event. Luckily, I found a rocket dude carrying one.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Oh, next conundrum. I can only rank up the grenade launcher with grenade launcher parts. We no longer get parts from breaking down weapons and can only get them from chests and mission completions. These parts are never i these.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I haven't tried that one yet, it didn't look like it'd suit my play-style anyway. I usually go more Sam Fisher/Solid Snake style in these kinds of games. I'm leveling up Panther again on my play through, though I do miss some of the perks of Echelon now.

I do think it's hard to get weapon parts now, where the hell do you even get metal parts? I haven't even leveled 1 gun to the next level. I do suppose since you likely stick with the guns for a long time it makes sense to only ever level up a couple. In the normal gear play through I had like every gun level 3 since you could take apart stuff.

There are still some perks in the tree that don't seem to do anything in immersive mode.. since they only help the gear level stuff. I haven't invested in them, but curious if they did change them at all. Like getting better quality stuff from the store..

I still don't think they can do anything about the story content, which sucks.. the silly side missions.. all of that nonsense. At least it feels more like Ghost Recon now. I hope whoever came up with the original design if fired into the sun.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I discovered Behemoths give up 80 metal parts. Since drone damage is a class perk for Engineer that works for me. I couldn’t see being able to take one down in Panther or Echelon.

I’ve taken down 2. The grenade launcher helps a lot. It only takes 2-3 shots to cause it to stutter. The launcher is the only secondary main weapon I’ll allow myself to carry and that’s because it’s the class item.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I discovered Behemoths give up 80 metal parts. Since drone damage is a class perk for Engineer that works for me. I couldn’t see being able to take one down in Panther or Echelon.

I’ve taken down 2. The grenade launcher helps a lot. It only takes 2-3 shots to cause it to stutter. The launcher is the only secondary main weapon I’ll allow myself to carry and that’s because it’s the class item.
I haven't killed one yet.. I always sneak around them to get the goods.. whats the best way to kill them if you're not engineer?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Pray.

The two I took down are the new gas variants. I had somewhere below the platform where I could hide and force the canisters to explode above and out of range. I think in real life the gas would be slightly heavier than the atmosphere and expand down and kill me. Like I said, a grenade launcher shreds the armor and gives you a fighting chance. So maybe use the assault rifle attachment?

I tried one of the missile variants last night but the platform was surrounded by a waist high pond. The platform was also flat on the ground so I couldn’t get underneath.

I was doing good and almost had him until one lucky rocket exploded low enough to the platform and killed me. I no longer have the explosion protective perks (which is good) but it sucks when the range of the explosion is larger than the red range warning. I was out of range but it still killed me.

I don’t if having Assault which gives you 4 bars or Medic where you can buff to 4 bars will prevent a one shot explosion death or not.

Overall, I’m enjoying that it’s forcing me to rethink how to take down stuff. In the past, if I had 2 choppers on me, it was easy to take them down with any gun. Now, I feel like I’ve got to run if I don’t have a Tac50. I RPG without the sniper rifles because in reality those guns aren’t used the way they are in games.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I played last night with two other guys, gathering up 3 gun blueprints along the way. It played exactly like Wildlands, so I’m happy now. My only bitches are the forced bivouac animations, the fact it won’t let you leave until all members are done and it let me fast travel while leaving a teammate 8 clicks away.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Hmm I'll have to give it a try. I've been running the MP5/G28 combo as it's snipery enough and the Panther class doesn't have suppression penalty for SMGs. Sucks VS drones though. I usually use the rocket launcher equipment thing.

Do the emp grenades work VS the behemoths?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Sometimes?
Hmm I'll have to give it a try. I've been running the MP5/G28 combo as it's snipery enough and the Panther class doesn't have suppression penalty for SMGs. Sucks VS drones though. I usually use the rocket launcher equipment thing.

Do the emp grenades work VS the behemoths?
Sometimes? I think just the mk3s do

The G28 actually does some good damage if you get the armor off. I’ll set up mines around and stay hidden to get some free shots in as well

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I’m trying so hard to not use fast travel and just completely roughing it. But then the story requires me to go back to Erewon to talk all of the time. These super geeks can’t come up with a way for us to talk?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I’m trying so hard to not use fast travel and just completely roughing it. But then the story requires me to go back to Erewon to talk all of the time. These super geeks can’t come up with a way for us to talk?
Yeah I use it when it makes me travel across the map for a conversation. Oh come to Erewhon to talk, OK now go to the southern cape to talk. Like dude.. Those are fucking far apart.

Sometimes I'll fly, but spawning a chopper at that point feels just as cheeseball as fast traveling.

It makes zero sense why they don't give Nomad a secure earpiece in the first cutscene.. maybe wait as long as when you rescue Skell, and he gives you some gizmo that protects it from hacking or something. Fucking Bowman was able to talk to you in the field during the whole damn game in Bolivia...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Drones are still not very much fun to fight.

The flying ones skirt around too much and their noises are just annoying. I avoid them whenever possible. The little police ones aren't so bad, only take a couple of hits. The Murmur zones or whatever are just shit, I avoid them like the plague. I haven't found a compelling reason to even engage them.

The areas with two of the ones defending a cache.. daemons? I forget the name. They're fine, a couple of rockets and some shots and they're toast.

I hate hate hate the Azrael drone.. it just seems like such a shitty gameplay design.. random flyovers.. DIRECTLY over you, every "X" number of minutes. It adds nothing other than a pause for you to go prone and camouflage yourself. Seems so stupid. Same with the "random" helicopter flights RIGHT OVER YOU every "X" minutes. It'd be one thing if you saw normal helicopter traffic flying around to and fro.. but you don't, they only fly DIRECTLY over you, coming from who knows where going to who knows where. In Wildlands you saw UNIDAD flying around, but it at least appeared like they were going somewhere that didn't involve you. I like the IDEA of the Azrael drone, but there should be a better system, like maybe it scans the provinces at a certain time each day, so you can plan around it or something.

I still haven't fought a Behemoth, but at least those seem to be 1v1 type of things, so you can use tactics/etc.

The AI troops aren't especially smart or anything, but at least they operate mostly the same as they have in the past. I enjoy approaching a base and taking everyone down, Splinter Cell-style. Moving bodies is a god-awful pain though.. it takes FOREVER, and someone ends up spotting me in the middle of the animation 2 out of 3 times it seems.

The side-quests are still really dumb.. I am doing one now with two horn dog female doctors who need some random ingredients.. but kept talking in innuendos.. so stupid. The main story at least seems semi-on-the-level, I should just stick to that.

I am still enjoying it better than I did originally, but it's still not great. At best it feels like a half-designed Wildlands DLC.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Someone discovered there’s a takedown from bushes that’s quick, clean, and basically hides the body.

I think the takedowns need a bullet time effect where you’re moving in real time but everything slows down. They do these multiple slashing brutal takedowns that take forever. There is supposed to be an advantage to the risk. They need a body drag option. I shouldn’t be carefully picking up the body like it’s an explosive and then double check that it’s secure before moving. Zero sense of urgency. I should be able to drag the body without an animation. I should be able to knife an enemy a drag him off in a singular motion. Not sneak up, fight with hands, stab the guy 5 times, let him drop to the ground, then spend 10 seconds trying to pick him up. I know the Metal Gear CQC and body removal system wasn’t realistic but it at least promoted a challenge that was able to be accomplished. GR Devs programmed these features and made them worthless.

The aerial drones were easy when I was F’ing around in Arcade because your gun basically auto locked. I like that I can’t go up against them now because challenging stuff like this leaves the door open for coop. I’m only playing on Advanced but I’m handing humans easily.

There’s Faction missions where you download flight data from the Azreals but as with everything in this game, it has zero effect on the island. Faction missions in Wildlands did something. Taking down regional underbosses reduced enemy presence. Nothing you do in this game changes anything. Taking out Wolf bosses does nothing. Supporting factions does nothing. Finishing the story does nothing.

As for the story, I have lots of critiques obviously. But this directly effects gameplay. The story is basically, you survive and fight a war of insurgency. They know you survived and Cole just sits back and waits for you to take him out. There’s nothing story wise where he out thinks you. You don’t ever walk into a trap. These are very simple story points that get written in to change things up and build conflict.

Not that they need to do this, but it’s as simple as when in Metal Gear Solid 1, where Snake works his way to the top of the complex and Liquid shows up in a Hind D. You have to fight him off but more importantly, the whole thing puts a wrench in your plan. Erewhon is never threatened in the regular story. Once you save these people, the only way they’re under threat is when they go out on their own and do something stupid. Everyone else just binge watches Netflix and waits for you to take everyone out.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yep.. all of that bugs me.

The take downs do take for-ever.. ugh. Does the take down action depend on what knife/etc you're using? My guy always seems to wrassle with the bad guy and then jab his thumbs in the guys eyes. Brutal. But it takes forever, and like you say.. add on carefully picking the guy up and gently placing him on the ground.. and fuck it takes forever. Heaven forbid you get into a firefight in the middle and need to react quickly.. ugh. I like having the option, but it is just so crappily implemented.

Really the only thing that seems to vaguely impact the world is the progressing side missions (the virus/etc) as the soldiers in the world change what they say based on it. I've also noticed more "Faction warfare" where I guess the Outcasts are fighting Sentinel, but it's pretty few and far between, especially compared to Wildlands.

I love games that let you influence the world, where you can feel like you're making a difference. I loved that in Wildlands, though I felt like it could be improved on there too. Somewhere between Far Cry, where you TAKE OVER outposts, and the good guys start using it as a base, and where you clear a base now and come back in a bit and they're all there again like nothing happened. I think if I had my way, you'd clear bases and the good guys take them over, but there is a dice roll or something to see if the bad guys re-attack the outpost and maybe take it back over or something. It'd be cool if you could do things to reinforce the bases to lessen the chance or something. Maybe you get a warning and can come back to defend them or something.. I don't know.

The random NPCs in this are so freaking dumb/annoying. The doctors/scientists/etc are all "EWW GET AWAY FROM ME!" but they have a quest or info and suddenly they're all talking to you nice.. it's so dumb. They're working JUST FINE with Sentinel walking around and you kill all the bad guys and they just seem annoyed you're in their way. I think it was better in Wildlands because they were random townspeople who just didn't want to be in the way.. here you're supposed to be rescuing/saving all these people and they just don't give a damn.

Reactions: Giga Bread

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It's funny, I read through the first couple pages of this thread and our complaints are basically the same as now.

I didn't hate the gear score originally.. so why do I like the game more when it's removed? The story is still lame and no teammates makes it lonely.. I guess the slight tactical additions were just enough to bump it into semi-enjoyable territory?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The gear score thingy made it utterly unplayable for me. Now I can at least find things to do within the game that are enjoyable so the $60 isn’t completely wasted.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The gear score thingy made it utterly unplayable for me. Now I can at least find things to do within the game that are enjoyable so the $60 isn’t completely wasted.
Could be.. it was annoying, but the loot was mildly rewarding.. it's kind of in a middle ground now, where you still get parts and stuff, but they're mostly useless. I don't get enough of the stuff I need, and have way too many of the things I don't want/need.

I do appreciate that they let you tailor the experience more, but they still need to do more. I wish they'd give the campaign a whole overhaul, but that is probably too much to ask.

I wish they'd make the world feel more alive. Just so dumb only ever seeing Sentinel folx on the road or moving around at all. The Skell or Outcasts or Homesteaders never seem to move around. Bolivia just felt so much more alive with the civvys driving around and the faction warfare that could break out.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I think it’s obvious we can plan a much better game. But there’s a chance 3 out of every 5 GR fans will focus solely on redundant cosmetics and gun modding mechanics

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
One thing that is aggravating is their idea of increasing difficulty is making human opponents take 10 9mm rounds like I’m shooting spit wads.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I think it’s obvious we can plan a much better game. But there’s a chance 3 out of every 5 GR fans will focus solely on redundant cosmetics and gun modding mechanics
Yeah, there must be a lot of people out there who want wicked camo choices and funky backgrounds and all that crap.. because they devoted a ton of time and energy to that stuff.

I have to think they were really banking on Breakdown becoming a BIG online game.. though I still don't see how they thought they had any chance of this, as even multiplayer was only so so at launch.

I'd love if they came to the community for better ideas. I think they did with the immersive mode, and at least that has shown promise.

One thing that is aggravating is their idea of increasing difficulty is making human opponents take 10 9mm rounds like I’m shooting spit wads.
Wildlands was like that as well a bit. Once you 'alerted' the narcos.. the bastards in a wifebeater with an uzi took like 5 shots to take down, whereas if you hit them unawares.. they were 1 and done.

I do wish it was all even, and harder enemies just had more AI, and maybe didn't follow set paths/etc.

Last edited:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I’ve been playing immersive on a new save slot. Last night, I switch to the old save slot and tried immersive on it. My 3 favorite guns that I got through the Raids (MK14 Assault, MK17 Shorty, and the Stoner Compact) are missing because I just have the guns and not the blueprints. That sucks.

Immersive needs it’s own skill tree too to offset the fact half my skill tree is unusable in immersive with no tagging.
And I’ve got 50 skill points and nothing to spend them on

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I’ve been playing immersive on a new save slot. Last night, I switch to the old save slot and tried immersive on it. My 3 favorite guns that I got through the Raids (MK14 Assault, MK17 Shorty, and the Stoner Compact) are missing because I just have the guns and not the blueprints. That sucks.

Immersive needs it’s own skill tree too to offset the fact half my skill tree is unusable in immersive with no tagging.
And I’ve got 50 skill points and nothing to spend them on
No tagging! Impressive. I left that on, my eyes suck too much to spot anyone without it really. And damn it, our Spec Ops need that kind of software! Especially combined with Skell!

There does need a modified tree though, but it's odd because you can switch back and forth. Maybe re-organize the skills so common ones are in the middle, immersive is on one side, and gear score is on the other, so it's a clearer delineation? I dunno. Or at least note on there [NOT COMPATIBLE WITH IMMERSIVE MODE] or [CURRENT SETTINGS] or something maybe. I dunno. I'm almost to the point where I'll have all the skills and perks unlocked though, so maybe it doesn't really matter. That screen is still SO laggy for me for some reason. All of the other menus seem ok.

I flew up to one of the northern islands in my attack helo.. and some lowly Wolves drone 1-shotted my helo! Sheesh! So much for rape from above. The handheld rocket launcher does a number on them though thankfully, it's just so slow.

Working on my assault class now. The SC-40K is pretty bad-ass.. is that from the Splinter Cell DLC?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah, it was added with that DLC.

Cool thing I discovered. The Defense Drone doesn’t do much damage to the Behemoth but it will distract and annoy it so you only have to deal with the rockets.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, it was added with that DLC.

Cool thing I discovered. The Defense Drone doesn’t do much damage to the Behemoth but it will distract and annoy it so you only have to deal with the rockets.
I killed my first Behemoth last night!

I was flying from somewhere to somewhere and was flying over one of the Behemoths in the Cobra-like helicopter and wondered if I could cheese kill it from range. I fired a couple of salvos and they seemed to hit and no retaliation.. then INCOMING MISSILE WHAM and down my helo went. Since I was now grounded in the middle of nowhere I figured I'd go ahead and give the Behemoth a try (I'd never fought one before).

This one's setup had the tower thing in the middle, but it was raised over a big rock underneath. I basically just ran around the rock, keeping it between the Behemoth and I. Since the rock was UNDER the tower thing, his rockets and stuff couldn't get me either. He did shoot some sort of GAS? or something? Not sure, but it was damaging me over time.

I used all my rockets, my grenades, my EMP grenades, ALL my 5.56 and about half my .308 (for the G28) and finally took it down. WHEW. That was a rush. I didn't go into it full on anything I don't think, and I was leveling up my assault class, I think I am only level 6 or something. I should have had a grenade launcher too.

Are they all the same? Or do they use different weapons & tactics?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Since the DLC they added that gas version. There’s only two even though they have different camo. The other type would just be firing rockets instead of gas

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Since the DLC they added that gas version. There’s only two even though they have different camo. The other type would just be firing rockets instead of gas
Shouldn't they.. you know.. add a gask mask or something correspondingly? That would make sense for me...

See here I am wishing GEAR had an actual purpose, not just "gear score".

Wearing a helmet gives you extra armor or whatever, same with a plate carrier vest, but it also makes you slower. So you could go full on HEAVY armor but you're slow as hell. Would be nice if gun weight factored in as well. Carrying around a M249 and a HTI? Yeah you're slow as ballsweat. A P90 and a pistol? Hello there Usain Bolt!

So maybe you can find a gas mask, but its not compatible with most helmets, so you need to pick and choose. I dunno, I feel like that would be cool and realistic.

Reactions: pcsguy88

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
As I was playing for 35 minutes on my lunch hour today I realized something else missing.. where the hell is the AA?

In Wildlands you had fucking SAM's all over the place so you had to be careful where you went and how you did it.. and here.. there's nothing. I can fly from one end of the island to the other and nothing ever bothered to mess with me. Worst case scenario you fly over someone and they get suspicious but by the time they do anything you're long gone.

In Wildlands you had SAM's, you would frequently come across UNIDAD helo's in the sky or Cartel helo's guarding the convoys.. so you had to pick your battles or avoid.. now I can just fly a straight line from A to B on autopilot and not worry about anything. The closest thing I've seen is the Behemoths which will shoot at you, but only if you linger long enough for them to notice and lock onto you.

It's this kind of "Why break what wasn't broken" nonsense that really grinds my gears. I would like there to be dangerous areas where you need skill to evade.. or.. something.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
There are two gas masks that are cosmetics. We used to laugh when we were going against the super computer in the Raid because it kills you with gas even though everyone was wearing gas masks.

I think your packs need to slotted with limited gear. I don’t need 2 types of every grenade. I would add some space to carry automated gear like your chute, rappel kit, gas mask, or scuba tank. You just can’t take all of it.

Reactions: NSA

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
As for the SAM sites. They’re there but there’s only a few. The DLC added a base with like 5 of them. Whatever happened to traditional AA guns?

Reactions: NSA