Ghost Recon: Wildlands

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I beat it on Saturday with Beow and his girlfriend.. you were nowhere to be found!

It's hard.. took us a couple of tries. The helmet vision is pretty cool.

I promptly signed off and made my 14-year old watch the movie with me. I hadn't seen it in a while but it's still good. So much 80's cheese. Amazed at how well paced it is.. once it starts it just keeps chugging along.

Couldn't unsee this though!

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Giggity!

I will definitely need to try this..

https://www.engadget.com/amp/2018/07/20/ghost-recon-wildlands-permadeath-mode/

Ubisoft isn't just relying on cameos from aliens and iconic game characters to inject extra life into Ghost Recon Wildlands. When the Special Operation 2 pack arrives on July 24th, it'll include a Ghost Mode that adds some high-stakes realism. For one, death is permanent -- if your character falls in battle and isn't revived in time, all your hard work will amount to nothing. Friendly fire is also a real risk. And you'll want to be conservative with your shots, since you'll only have one primary weapon (you have to swap at ammo boxes or when looting) and will lose any unspent ammo in a given clip when you reload. If regular Wildlandsseemed too soft, you won't have that problem from now on.

The mode is available for every difficulty setting and will be available to everyone for free, although Year 2 Pass holders will get first crack. You'll have to wait until July 31st if you don't want to pay extra.

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
I miss old school first person GR where you could send your guys to waypoints and never worry about enemies slipping by them. Being able to jump between squad mates was spectacular.
now the AI is so dumb your team will be out in the open in full view of an enemy sniper or helicopter but they wont be spotted or engage the enemy unless you do so first.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I can see WHY they made the AI changes they did, no one wants your mission to be ruined by bad AI.. but I still don't like it.

In the new mode I think you can turn off the AI guys though, so that's cool. They made it so you could 'dress them' a couple patches ago too.. so you can actually look like a unit if you so desired.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I can see WHY they made the AI changes they did, no one wants your mission to be ruined by bad AI.. but I still don't like it.

In the new mode I think you can turn off the AI guys though, so that's cool. They made it so you could 'dress them' a couple patches ago too.. so you can actually look like a unit if you so desired.
Soooo that's what you spend all your GR time on now, dressing the boys?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I got a chance this weekend and was impressed to find all the strongholds fully staffed and waiting to be overrun. Endless fun to be had attacking the 100 or so locations with full skills and rebels at my finger tips. They really built GR to last as opposed to FC5.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, that was the worst part about FC5.. the world empties out once you kill everyone.. I did the "repopulate the outposts" thing in FC5.. and it does just that.. but there isn't really any incentive to go clear them again at that point. I did it so I could get a couple of missing achievements but the fun factor isn't really there.

In Wildlands its just FUN to take on a new area with new toys or skills or whatever.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Wildlands is the best army man game I've ever played. Hopefully the next GR will include tanks and rocket launchers like the good old days so I can live out my plastic GIJoe dreams in a virtual world, but until that day comes GR:W is my go to shoot'em up.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, it's ALMOST perfect. I'd tweak maybe 5-10 things and it'd be perfect.

Some more variation with the enemies would be nice.
A little more impact in the world with your decisions would be cool.
More guns/vehicles/tanks/etc.
Better single player DLC to keep it fresh.
Graphics upgrade / Pop-in fix.
Some more minor stuff out in the wilderness. Animals/etc. Far Cry does this well, but its a much smaller map.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Wildlands is the best army man game I've ever played. Hopefully the next GR will include tanks and rocket launchers like the good old days so I can live out my plastic GIJoe dreams in a virtual world, but until that day comes GR:W is my go to shoot'em up.
We getting rocket launchers in Breakpoint! And sorta DroneTank things.. but they did say they're adding a ton of new vehicles so maybe one is a user controlled tank?

I finally went back to Wildlands and finished off all the DLC missions.

They all seem to act as prequels to Breakpoint, which is much more interesting having played these.

Also, I got a TWOFER!!

The Rainbow 6 crossover was cool.. easiest of all of them I think, but it was kind of cool seeing the characters cross over.

The Splinter Cell crossover was.. HARD. But fun.. Really looking forward to a new Splinter Cell game.. I hope it'll be tied in with Breakpoint, as this made them seem connected.

There are also 2 Ghost Recon-based DLC missions. I THINK one is with the guy from Future Soldier? I'm not sure as I didn't play the game. Maybe it was Advanced Warfighter? Either way, it was fun, and a little different.

The other one has COLE D WALKER. COLDWALKER! The apparently main antagonist from Breakpoint. It's a fun little DLC that only took a couple of hours maybe, but it's got me hyped for Breakpoint.

I suggest popping back in, just use whatever highest level character you got and the missions should all be waiting for you, they were all free.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I picked up a copy of this over the weekend, played the first mission tonight. It seems like it'll be a lot of fun... but holy crap do I suck. After playing PC shooters for a quarter century, I can't aim for shit with a PS4 controller... I'd give anything for a mouse.