GIJCC FSS 5.0

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com

IRON GRENADIER COURIER: DARKLON
(Based on the classic 1989 action figure!)
Includes: removable harness, scabbard belt with sword, re-tooled projectile rifle, auto pistol, courier case, pistol, and figure stand.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You know you're scraping the bottom of the barrel when you're doing the '94 Viper, and that comes from someone with a nostalgic fondness for the original.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The application of the paint on that Barricade is horrible.

As with the last FSS, I am very disappointed with this one as well. On paper both looked like great lineups and then you look at the execution and it's really bad. The figures I don't even care about turned out to look the best and most faithful to the original. I have no interest in Darklon or Viper and both are pretty faithful. Flagg isn't Flagg without the bomber jacket. The ROC Charbroil was close enough to the original, for a 3rd tier character. I don't think there's a need for a new $25 one. Ambush was one I was most looking forward to. The long neck might just be a botched Photoshop. I'd like to see someone put a Mayhem head on a 25th Dusty to test how it looks. He looks good otherwise.

Last edited:

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
The application of the paint on that Barricade is horrible.

As with the last FSS, I am very disappointed with this one as well. On paper both looked like great lineups and then you look at the execution and it's really bad. The figures I don't even care about turned out to look the best and most faithful to the original. I have no interest in Darklon or Viper and both are pretty faithful. Flagg isn't Flagg without the bomber jacket. The ROC Charbroil was close enough to the original, for a 3rd tier character. I don't think there's a need for a new $25 one. Ambush was one I was most looking forward to. The long neck might just be a botched Photoshop. I'd like to see someone put a Mayhem head on a 25th Dusty to test how it looks. He looks good otherwise.

Someone did on HT.

46 Zone said:
Here is the Ambush mock-up minus the Footloose/Ret. Colton arms (I didn't want to crack Dusty's torso)

I can't believe it, the bandoleer and scarf fit:

It makes it difficult to turn his head though, and the helmet sits very high:

With or without the scarf, he still has a giraffe neck:

I agree, the Footloose helmet is better, but it still doesn't quite fit that well and sits high on the head:

I just wish they would stop using 25th parts on these FSS figures. Even if you add the bulkier Footloose shoulders and arms, he still has a giraffe neck. Any solutions to fix the neck, short of cutting and dremeling it shorter? Maybe a different torso should be used? IDK.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I... I just... can't gain interest in this one. I know they always show the lackluster repaint ones first, but come on... I completely yawned at the SDCC set this year, and that's the first SDCC set I've passed on that matched the comic style of the previous 3 crossover sets.

Still can't believe they bothered opening registration before all the reveals are up and folks are already buying subs. :slap:

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Looks good.

But as far as the club's version goes Its hard to get excited about a figure that's mostly a repainted FireFly that was available at retail for $5. Plus its a replacement character for a character that died, His son that just happens to be a General too.

I think the club always knew they'd have a hard time if they got to do some of the 90's stuff that made us lose interest as kids. Hope that have a few surprises in store for us.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I got nothing. I'm just glad I never bother with all this club nonsense. Too bad the standard G.I. Joe toy-line on store shelves has been slowly degrading to the same quality design sensibilities of the Club . . .

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's a stupid pendant, which is pretty low on the scale when compared to the rest of the bullshit happening on that page. Jesus Christ, people want G.I. Joe to be that in perpetuity?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Let's not go pretending that it wasn't a stupid figure the first time around and that we didn't expect folks to want a more accurate redo of said original stupid figure.

For fun's sake, I actually wanted a Raptor at some point. Just because I appreciate some of the vintage silliness. But they couldn't even bother to hire out a new head sculpt for this one. So far that's what, 2 shitty, 30 year old sculpts simply recast for this FSS? It works for an accessory or 2 every once in awhile from the later years, but Charbroil's helmet and Raptor's headdress both look like melty, featureless ass.

Fucking lazy Club. Fucking lazy.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Haha! These figures are absolute shit! The gung-ho repaint is priceless!! Now there'll be guys repainting their 50th gunghos to look like that abortion saying "I saved $30,and made my own" and everyone at HT will be "oh,that's awesome right there,way better then the club!" "I gotta step my game up" and "why can't the club make this?" When it looks like straight shit smeared on a saltine. :trollface: