Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I'd agree. I think it'll look amazing on 4K UHD Blu-ray when it comes out (not that I'm buying it).

I think they should have thought about that before filming it the way they did though, as that is how the VAST majority of people will see it when it's at its peak.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I've watched this episode several times now, which only generates more questions.

When everyone was down in the crypts, the dead that showed up, were those people that were buried in there to begin with, or did they dig their way in from outside? This happened pretty much right after NK brought back all the dead. And I correct in thinking that the living had things under control up to that point?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Those were Zombie Starks brought back by the NK down in the crypt and I would say things were not under control prior to that point. They just had to limit the amount of dead inside the building in order to have the Hound and Arya scenes of being chased more compelling. Outside in the courtyard it feel like everyone but the heroes were dead.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Prior to him re-raising the dead, I think maybe it could have been won conventionally.. maybe. Or at least turned into a stalemate, they'd killed a ton of the Army, but also taken heavy losses. By raising all the losses, the living was 100% going to lose.

The whole dead in the crypts thing was kind of weird.. at what point can they stopped being raised? How long had those bodies been buried for? Why no zombie Ned Stark?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I would guess zombie Ned couldn't be brought back because he either wasn't buried there, or because his head was....disconnected. I don't think we've seen any NK dead running around without their heads. And with the amount of hate the Lannisters had for the Starks, would they have returned Neds body? And his wife and son when they were killed at the red wedding....whoever that old suckfart was that killed them, would he have returned them? Seems to me they would all be pissed on before being dumped into the nearest river.

And as for who can be brought back and how often, I'm thinking that if you were struck down in any way by either fire, Valaryian steel or Dragon glass....that's it for you. And from the looks of the dead that was already in his horde, I'm guessing pretty much anything can be brought back no matter how old if it has it's appendages and head intact.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It was disappointing that they didn't make more of a point to show the good guy dead brought back to life being recognized by the living good guys and the difficulty of seeing them as zombies and having to rekill them.

I guess that's something they would've done had they still been doing normal drawn out seasons and story lines.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
In the extra part following the episode they talk about doing things intentionally to break up the monotony of battle. One good way of doing that could've been heartbreak at reanimated loved ones.

Not only do the episodes feel rushed, but the writing does as well.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The writing in general has gone way downhill once they ran out of GRRM stuff to use.. it's good enough to keep it going, but no where like the first couple of seasons were. It was poetry. Even Tyrian really doesn't have any good lines like he used to.

Thats why I'm fine with it just ending, get this over with already. Will wait for the next book if it ever comes to see how it ends proper like.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I think the internet as a whole called that one as soon as they mentioned the Crypts..

And Jon Fucking Snow saw the Night King raise the dead at Hardholme.. why did he fail to mention that fact to anyone else? No one thought maybe locking ourselves in with a bunch of dead would be a bad idea? Idiotas!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wonder if a preemptive cut or stab or even sliver of dragon glass on the living would prevent them from being reanimated...? Of course that would've hampered the writing to have battle hardened characters think of something so simple to thwart the bad guys plans.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I.. I don't even know.

Yes. This feels like 3-4 episodes all jammed into one. Again, they made it from Winterfel to Kings Landing in 1/3rd episode! This took the entire first season really!

I feel no remorse or sadness for the dead. I should.. but they just fast forwarded everything so much I feel like they're cliff notes versions of characters I used to know.

2nd dragon died? Well shit I thought it died last week so imagine my surprise when it's not dead.. but oh we kill it again right away. Neat. So now she had 1 dragon. The only thing that made her special and now she has 1. Also no mention of the white walkers or anything.. I guess that's all done? Fuck, remake the wall and everyone live north of it. Seems safe from the Lannisters.

Jamie and Ser Brianne.. what the fuck. The Wildling got hosed. That was so wrong.

I dunno. The writing had some good parts but mostly crap. The whole lineage angle is just stupid now.

Next week at least seems like something happens. I really don't care who wins. They all seem terrible. Give it to Tormund.

Le sigh.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I feel like they're trying to make everyone glad it's ending. Their hearts are not in it at all. They are either just rushing along to be done with it or they know that they can be lazy and everyone will tune in anyway. Maybe they're just bad writers. Or D. All of the above.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
They completely skipped over getting a fleet of ships. Just a one liner in the map room and boom, we be in Kings Landing. The most painful part to me was when they tried to insert the scheming of Tyrion, but only had 3 minutes of time for it and so just read read the list of bullet points.

Bran's job now is to worg into the future to retrieve lattes for Dany.

Since the dragon fell into the water and Cersei made a point to ask if we saw it die, we now know there be a 2nd dragon to save the day next week.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
For all the time and money poured into this series.. I can't believe this is how they're doing the last season. It really feels like fanfiction most of the time. They're throwing out things left and right.. just.. ugh.

Episode 1 was okay.

Episode 2 was borderline great, it's only flaw being that TOO much happened due to rushing, but had all the great character moments.

Episode 3 had great action and spectacle but ultimately very little substance. Night King dead.. yay, next. NO one important died.. which is really strange. This was highlighted painfully in Episode 4.. "Oh, Jorah died, that sucks, everyone else is a nobody".

Episode 4.. just.. ugh. UGH! I was hoping we'd get something like episode 2 with people in sorrow after the battle.. but that lasted a couple of minutes. Some weird ass romance/threats.. Ser Brianne and Ser Jamie INEXPLICABLY hooking up.. cause anyone was asking for that to happen? They didn't even really get a bunch of meaningful battle scenes in EP03 to justify their bond.. the Wildling was cockblocked.

The whole fleet thing was ridiculous. THEY'RE FLYING DRAGONS and they somehow just didn't see the enemy fleet hiding over there? You have the height advantage.. you can see for miles! What. The. Fuck.

Killing the slave chick? I didn't feel bad. I think I was meant to.. but fuck all of these people. Why didn't Cersei just kill them all right then and there? She could have killed Tyrian, the Dragon, Dany.. all of them. They brought like 20 people to parlay. Is Cersei suddenly honorable? What. The. Fuck.

I will watch the last two episodes, of course, at least we're promised a big battle next episode.. but jeebus. I've never been happier about a show ending.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I've thought Jamie and Brianne were going to hook up since they were prisoners together. Thought it was just assumed when he popped up at Winterfell with all the eye googlying going on between them.

I did notice both Dany and Sansa lost their friendzone boys, something that did not click in my head during the battle and I'd assume comes into play during the last episode, but probably not because fuck plot, we haz no times.

The slave chick was a complete waste. I guess it gets the dragon army extra emotional.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I mean I liked the slave chick and the no warrior guy, I thought it was cool and all.. but they just jumbled it all together so fast it was like "wut". Why did only she get captured? How did any of them even know who she was or why she was important? How did they tell everyone what was going on so fast? Their ravens must have afterburners.

That's just such a big issue I have with this season.. everything is like its on fast forward all the time. Before, you had to wait for a message to be sent.. would it even arrive? Would it get twisted around? People had to deal with all this medieval nonsense.. and now.. it feels like they should be carrying around their cell phones and starbucks.

I dunno, the timetables are off, the writting is trash-tier now, no one important is dying.. it's just not the GOT it used to be.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
From what I've seen, almost everyone thought Episode 1 was aggressively OK. Episode 2 was pretty well liked across the board. Episode 3 was a weird mix of "BEST EPISODE EVER" and "It was cool.. but I have issues" and "I couldn't see anything".

This episode is mostly going down as WORST. EPISODE. EVER! There are a few people who said they actually liked it, but they seem few and far between. Most people that I've seen are saying just end it already.

I feel like you can only suspend your brain for so long. Magic and what not can help you bend what you can accept.. but this.. all of this.. is just adding up to make no fucking sense.

I was reading something that it would take something like 150 days or more to march from Winterfell to Kings Landing. So when Jamie left at the end of last season, got to Winterfell, we had the battle thing, and then now is coming back.. that's like a year! Cersei's baby should already be born or at least looking SUPER preggo by now.. but no, we'll just pretend time doesn't work that way anymore. I don't think this would bug me as much if the show didn't expressly honor time stuff in the past (it's gotten worse as the show has gone on). Journeys felt earned, people would be gone for long stretches of time.. hell, they need a little graphic on screen "3 months later.."

I dunno. Everyone making such stupid decisions. Sansa kept Jon's secret for like, what, 5 minutes?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Overlord DVD reviews for this have me both glad that I didn't bother watching this series, and thoroughly entertained. Imagine shit-canning EIGHT seasons of build up in the final four episodes. GoT fans now know how it feels to be a Minnesota Vikings fan. Jesus, this is actually worse than Johnson's handling of Snope!

Speaking of Star Wars, the two bumblefucks blowing GoT in the home stretch are going to be on a new SW trilogy.

*waits for season 3 of Cobra Kai to completely shit the bed*

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I will say I am not sure where the issues really lie, as the same people have been in charge since day 1, and they DID do a lot of good work up till now.. so who knows? Did GRRM just give them nothing to work with for the end?

I suppose if given the chance to write/do their own thing from the start with Star Wars OR have a fully ready/written story, they should do OK.