GOT Winter Has Cometh (and so have I)

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I got the impression I got from most accounts is that it was mostly a lot of violence p07n with a little of the regular kind tossed in between the family drama. I have seen very little of it and couldn't figure out what was happening when I did see parts of a couple episodes, so I can't judge whether I would have actually enjoyed it or found it memorable. I also think it falls into the same category as Lost, ending badly with a terrible final impression that cheapened everything prior.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I got the impression I got from most accounts is that it was mostly a lot of violence p07n with a little of the regular kind tossed in between the family drama. I have seen very little of it and couldn't figure out what was happening when I did see parts of a couple episodes, so I can't judge whether I would have actually enjoyed it or found it memorable. I also think it falls into the same category as Lost, ending badly with a terrible final impression that cheapened everything prior.
The first 4-5 seasons were really good, it was a super violent yet well-written action/drama. You were invested in the characters and their quests and all that.. and it all had a touch of magic/mystery to it, instead of a straight period piece.

Season 6 was a bit of a downturn, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't the high highs of the other seasons. Not coincidentally, season 6 is when they got past the books and had to do most of their own dialog and writing.. and the books were far superior.

The final season/finale was just... super rushed, they tied up everything way quicker than they should have, introduced ridiculous plot holes and irrational behavior from characters you "knew". It was just a mess.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
TWD seems like it's been stuck in its own season 6/7 for a while now, with tired/boring plots and characters turning 180 from their previous behavior one after the other. Add in a disproportionate amount of "woke" and they got me rooting for the baddies and zombies most of the time lately. :rolleyes:

I don't think TWD will end up with a much different aftertaste than GoT if they keep heading down the path they have been on for a couple seasons now. They keep hinting that Rick might be found/return, but, at this point, I wonder if it's a ploy to try to keep people engaged with all the other repetitive crap going on.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I gave up after the season when they 'defeated' Negan.. I think. It just all felt so contrived, I couldn't care anymore.

I had ideas of catching up.. but at this point I probably wont, but who knows, never say never!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I gave up after the season when they 'defeated' Negan.. I think. It just all felt so contrived, I couldn't care anymore.

I had ideas of catching up.. but at this point I probably wont, but who knows, never say never!
This is where I bailed too. Hell, they might not even had beaten him yet and I just stopped watching. Sad.