Gun grab, the 2nd Amendment and other Gov't hijinks

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd bring up state preemption, but this is the PDRC we're talking about. Some little "enclave city" down in San Antonio as a shitshow brewing over infringing rights and shit.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Something dawned on me this evening while watching the local news that I had not seen pointed out before. When is the last time you heard or read the term “gang violence” from the MSM? They have subtly made the switch to “gun violence”. A drive-by from 10yrs ago was even referred to as gun violence in the segment I was watching. Damn sneaky, mind controlling, narrative shifting bastards.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Oh for sure they shifted the narrative to the weapon as apposed to the person(s). If not for guns, zero people would be killed. Up until the gun was invented, people only died of natural causes doncha know.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I feel like you don't hear about gang violence at all from the MSM anymore. I kind of figure they downplay it as it makes their base look bad.

I also wonder if its less prevalent than before? I remember growing up you had the Crips and Bloods here in CA.. with the whole rap culture etc.. there was always talk about the gangs.. but I don't hear hardly anything anymore. I wonder if the black gangs have been replaced by things like MS13?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The transition was so smooth that it seems none of us even noticed. I do hear gang from time to time in the body, but it seems all the headlines and talking points replaced it with gun. I'm guessing this happened some time during the Obama administration when Chicago really started getting out of hand and the words hood, thug and projects became racist. Maybe around Sandy Hook?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I don't know. I wouldn't even know what to think about "gang" violence these days, other than MS13 stuff and Chicago.

Is there gang violence elsewhere? Has it been wiped out?

Gang violence being a thing is generally not a 'good look' for the left as its usually minorities.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
There are definitely gangs in KC, but I think everything is just hood by hood, protecting friends and peddling turf. Long gone are the glory days of romanticism that we grew up with from what I can tell. then again, if the news only reports shootings between youths and squashes the gang aspect, how the hell would we know?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Here's the thing though: as long as there is a free market, there will be someone willing to lend to a very lucrative industry such as firearms. The banks who don't will just lose out on a very hot market.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I dunno, some things.. sure.. others, I don't know. I guess it depends what its for/what kind of background check.

If someone was very much into Sharia Law and posting death to America 12/6/2017, but has laid low since then.. I think it'd still be prudent to find out before giving them a gun.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Well that's the rub, and why things are usually presented so black and white.. its always good when the RIGHT people (aka your people) are making the decisions and always bad when the wrong (OTHER people) are making the call.

But the complete alternative is to just let everyone have everything (which worked moderately well in ages past).. and people these days don't seem to be able to handle that for whatever reason.

I would imagine you'd need clearly defined laws that are followed, so people are aware.. maybe a grandfather date or something. I do think the witch hunting in past social media stuff is ridiculous. I said something was GAY in 2008 now I'm the worst person ever. Bleh.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Police would be required to look for evidence the applicant searched for or used racist or discriminatory language, threatened the safety of another person, inquired about or alluded to an act of terrorism, and, finally, “any other issue deemed necessary by the investigating officer.”
Seriously, that last bit?? that's a confiscationists dream!