Gun grab, the 2nd Amendment and other Gov't hijinks

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Are those guys old enough to own guns? :troll:

Nah, it was a pretty good summary of how we got here, primarily reactive politicians supported by pathologically empathetic people who "have to do something" (that usually only ends up only affecting law abiding citizens) every time a bad person does something really bad with a tool used lawfully 99.9% of the time.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I feel like he was playing up the fact he still "needed" hearing protection considering he discloses towards the end that "they" are a manufacturer. Still, the fact a silenced 9mm is still over 100 decibels is a real jaw dropper to anyone (me) whom has never used one. I thought the internal baffles stopped the crack of the sound barrier leaving you with a pop and the sounds of the mechanical parts banging around.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Nah, if you want "silenced" shooting, you pretty much have .22 (lr or short) and/or subsonic ammo (degraded performance). I think .300blk is supposed to bring that to the AR platform, but it is still pretty niche. Anything that will do the job like the loud guns do is... gonna be loud (at least from the SB crack). That's part of why I never really pursued it. It'd be nice, but the benefit certainly does not outweigh the cost/inconvenience, at least for now. And recent trends have the likelihood of suppressors being removed as an NFA item stalled indefinitely.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I also feel there is some, I don't know, responsibility or something on behalf of the consumers. No one is googling or searching for more info on some asshole who tried to shoot up a church and mostly failed. If he'd killed 100 people or something, then there would be a huge interest level.. but we tend to just shrug and move on if there isn't some impressive body count or other "interesting" circumstances.

Good news rarely sells :(

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

Let's hope he's got some influence here in VA to keep things from getting really stupid and ugly. Thank God the demonstration today seems to have been well attended and went of peacefully.
The media was surely building it up to be a NAZI rally.. and almost chomping at the bit for it to get violent.

My issue is that there absolutely WERE "neo-nazi" white supremacist dudes there, along with, what I am sure are very nice people. Then the irrational left lumps everyone together and anyone marching with a neo-nazi is also a nazi, even if they just had shared cause.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Well, if there were any neo-nazis there, they most certainly were not invited, and may well have been planted by the opposition. Freedom loving gun owners have nothing in common with them. Today's demonstration is a huge outpouring of support by legal gun owners (now threatened by proposed draconian anti-2A legislation) to the VCDL, who lobbies senators and delegates each year on lobby day, to support gun rights legislation and oppose anti-2A legislation. It has zero to do with any other political agenda whatsoever.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

Well, if there were any neo-nazis there, they most certainly were not invited, and may well have been planted by the opposition. Freedom loving gun owners have nothing in common with them. Today's demonstration is a huge outpouring of support by legal gun owners (now threatened by proposed draconian anti-2A legislation) to the VCDL, who lobbies senators and delegates each year on lobby day, to support gun rights legislation and oppose anti-2A legislation. It has zero to do with any other political agenda whatsoever.
I'm looking for the videos, but there were some I saw where "Proud Boy" members were there marching. They had on cheeky "RWDS" aka Right Wing Death Squad patches.

You really don't have to look far or hard at these rallies to find people, at least sympathetic to racist causes and/or I dunno, Nazi Germany-enthusiastic.

Some dumb ass..

Also.. these people...

Of course, it's not all bad, at all:

There are, I am sure, a lot of nice well-meaning people, but you have to acknowledge there are bad people/crazy wackos there too. I also saw there was a Black Panther (not the superhero) contingent.. which makes sense, ALL people should be for gun rights..

But Jesus Herbert-Walker, Texas Ranger Christ on a Cracker.. some of these doofuses walking around in full battle gear look ridiculous.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, there’s always the yahoos that show up all kitted up. (Well, gee howdy! Finally an event to dress up for! :rolleyes:) . A buddy from work went this morning and saw some donkey carrying a .50 cal (in case he had to take out an Antifa car? :wtf:). And there’s always the extremists that show up (or get planted) and (naturally) immediately get found by the biased media, who then try to characterize the whole event from the outliers that represent less than 1% of the people.

What is really telling is that there were ZERO riots, ZERO arrests, ZERO neglect discharges and a fully peaceful demonstration, despite the pro-2A community showing up generally pissed that the new VA gubment is threatening to categorically revoke Constitutionally guaranteed rights. And I’d bet downtown Richmond is probably cleaner for having had this event than it was prior. I’d bet this was a low crime day for Richmond. What Antifa, Occupy, Environmentalist, Amnesty or any other leftist demonstration can claim any of those? And that’s all you need to know about the actual kind of people who attended.