Gun grab, the 2nd Amendment and other Gov't hijinks

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Are those guys old enough to own guns? :troll:

Nah, it was a pretty good summary of how we got here, primarily reactive politicians supported by pathologically empathetic people who "have to do something" (that usually only ends up only affecting law abiding citizens) every time a bad person does something really bad with a tool used lawfully 99.9% of the time.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I feel like he was playing up the fact he still "needed" hearing protection considering he discloses towards the end that "they" are a manufacturer. Still, the fact a silenced 9mm is still over 100 decibels is a real jaw dropper to anyone (me) whom has never used one. I thought the internal baffles stopped the crack of the sound barrier leaving you with a pop and the sounds of the mechanical parts banging around.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Nah, if you want "silenced" shooting, you pretty much have .22 (lr or short) and/or subsonic ammo (degraded performance). I think .300blk is supposed to bring that to the AR platform, but it is still pretty niche. Anything that will do the job like the loud guns do is... gonna be loud (at least from the SB crack). That's part of why I never really pursued it. It'd be nice, but the benefit certainly does not outweigh the cost/inconvenience, at least for now. And recent trends have the likelihood of suppressors being removed as an NFA item stalled indefinitely.