Gun grab, the 2nd Amendment and other Gov't hijinks

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Virginia currently (still) has open carry (for now), but you have to be permitted to concealed carry.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Sure, we have this too, but we currently require a permit for concealed. But we're going for full permitless. Unless you're a felon or insane, you will be able to carry as you see fit. I'm sure they'll have exceptions for gov't buildings and schools, but it's a major step to ward off the erosion of 2A.

I've been meaning to get my permit, but I never feel the need to carry, so I've been lazy about getting it. Been wanting the wife to get hers too. But now they're going to save me the trouble.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I was like you about going thru the process of getting a license, just didn’t want to go thru the effort and add my name to a list when I’ll never carry casually. With both states participating and honoring each other’s laws I am able to toss a pistol in a bag for a weekend road trip or times we are going into questionable situations.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
That's the idea.

It'll definitely make the baddies think twice if they know anyone/everyone could be carrying, and there will be stiffer penalties for those who abuse the privilege. Seems a lot better than leaving the populace unarmed except the people who have no regard for the law.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I don't know if I'd even want to if I could. I think having the option is good, but.. fuck all not sure I'd be a net benefit if things went sideways. Keeping it in my car or office or something and bringing it around with you would probably be good.

But walking around with it on my hip? Nah probably not for me personally. Maybe the CA Soy is creeping in.

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
I have had my glock 19 for a little over a month now down here in Florida and wish we had constitutional carry. I am waiting for a new job so I can afford to put my info into the system to legally carry. Although I have heard the only democrat to get elected last election cycle is the one who oversees the dept that handles the conceal carry permits and she is making it damn near impossible to renew it if you are in need of renewing it, I have heard of fake court records being used to justify the denial of renewal in the hopes that the gun owner just gives up on renewing their permit.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Just the usual tyrannical, bleeding heart, "we must do something," reactive BS. Trudeau is a complete asshat. They apparently already had 5 round limits on mags. Wow, Canada, great job electing that a-hole. He just took what little defense you had against a tyrannical government and erased it.