I want that! So cool!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That Falcor is adorable, and I see they made the right choice and got rid of that terrible skin condition the real one had. :D

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
This thread is sinful!

Anyway this is the most immediate thing I can think of. Haven't really been "wanting" anything lately.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Well, since we are on the subject. I've been thinking about buying this...

The glaive from the movie "Krull". I've loved this movie since the first time I saw it, especially the glaive used to destroy the main monster/villain. There's a guy in Canada who makes 1:1 replicas and sells them...for $350+! That's a lot of cash, but this guy is pretty much the only one making them. I've managed to save up a bulk of the cost, but I haven't pulled the trigger for some reason.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, pretty bad ass right? The blades are even made out of metal and it comes with the leather "holster" the hero carries it in.

I remember trying to build this out of LEGO parts after I saw the movie.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Well, I just sent payment for the Krull glaive I posted. Here's hoping it doesn't get fucked up during shipping.

Now then, do I need to remove it from this thread since I shall be owning it soon?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Received the glaive last Friday. It looks really good, especially when the metal blades are snapped into place. The metallic paint isn't as metal-like as I'd like, but I know the pitfalls of having convincing metallic paint on items that will be handled.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Well, a little of both.

It's beautiful and I've been wanting one for years and years...but it was $325!

When I think of all the other stuff I could have done with that much money, that's when I get a tinge of regret.

I'll be posting pics. soon.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Nah, that thing looks scary. Locking myself in a small metal box would never be my first choice. I've got issues with small, locked places... without oxygen or the ability to self extricate... Plus, looks ripe for limb chopping in a malfunction... Nope.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I'm currently looking into another expensive prop purchase. A 1:1 Predator skull. I wanted the one made by Sideshow, but it was expensive when it came out and even more so now. But there's a guy who makes Predator and Alien costume parts and he has one that was largely inspired by one that was created over 15 years ago by yet another sculpter. Anyway, I'm currently trading messages with him through eBay and waiting for him to get one cast from his mold.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I wonder if they guy who did these is also the guy who did the "ALIEN" playset mock ups.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got my Predator skull last week, although I swear the people I was dealing with were hit with a moron stick. Anyway, it's HUGE and really puts my old Greyzon version to shame. The newer one is like a full-on adult while the Greyzon is like a tween.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Almost posted that in the Vitruvian HACKS thread. I kind of want to use him as a titan, but then I'd need to get the Venus de Milo to stand in as a goddess.
Fucking BBTS, even with shipping it's still cheaper to buy it from Japan. :trollface: