Immigration!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
True.. though it does go both ways.. Republicans always champion small business, small government, personal responsibility.. etc.. until it concerns something else we like. The "military industrial complex" is a very real thing. I don't think it holds the sway and evilness that the left thinks it does, but ANYTHING with that much money involved is not a good thing.. especially when its tied directly to politics. Companies getting rich when we go to war, and then the same companies lobbying government people to do things (go to war?) just smells wrong to me.

The Right is also pretty adamant about its Christianity.. and yet, I would say MOST don't themselves follow Jesus' teachings even remotely. The Left has a very valid argument about lip service Christians.

I think the Left sees "Change is good" and the Right sees "The old ways were/are good" and it really doesn't actually matter what the issue is, if it needs to be changed, you're left, if its good enough and we should keep it, you're right.

I think people on the left who always want change, are possibly not content with their lives, so they need to fill it with campaigns and marches etc to 'do something' (anything) and people on the right are just happy with the status quo and don't want that disrupted for them (regardless how it impacts others).

You have some people in the middle, but people are getting further and further polarized as EVERY DAMN ISSUE is becoming political.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
My impression is that these troops are primarily going there to "harden" (engineering-wise) the border at the potential crossing zone. Here's what's headed there:

The new deployment is operating under Operation Faithful Patriot, which will include:
  • 5,200 soldiers
  • The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
  • Three combat engineer battalions
  • Three medium-lift helicopter companies
  • Three AC-130s
  • One C-17
  • Military police units
  • Medical units
I have a feeling the AC-130 is a typo, or they're just planning to utilize the optics (most likely it's just C-130s for transport). I highly doubt they are intending to howitzer, bofors cannon and minigun them if they do breach the border...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I have a feeling the AC-130 is a typo, or they're just planning to utilize the optics (most likely it's just C-130s for transport). I highly doubt they are intending to howitzer, bofors cannon and minigun them if they do breach the border...
It would be like a scene from World War Z with them streaming through a busted crossing and the AC-130 just laying into the ant like mob.. hah that would be a sight for the nightly news.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
That would certainly curb the immigration problem... But yeah... no...

I've seen enough gun camera footage. It ain't pretty, nor suitable for nightly news, even edited.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I'm a little concerned that some militia types might do just that. Granted, they'll not have military grade destructive potential, but an AR, AK or Barrett .50 can do enough damage to really eff things up. And of course, calls for gun control and potential losses of freedoms would follow.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My impression is that these troops are primarily going there to "harden" (engineering-wise) the border at the potential crossing zone. Here's what's headed there:

The new deployment is operating under Operation Faithful Patriot, which will include:
  • 5,200 soldiers
  • The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
  • Three combat engineer battalions
  • Three medium-lift helicopter companies
  • Three AC-130s
  • One C-17
  • Military police units
  • Medical units

As for ending Birthright Citizenship by executive fiat, well, that dog won't hunt. I suspect it'll take a constitutional amendment to get rid of that little bit of happy horseshit.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think it's showboating to at least get the conversation started. There are too many ways to circumvent the constitution as it is, we damn sure don't need another.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I don't care if 100% of the 3rd world are the sweetest people on the planet, the tax payers of the US (and other western countries) should not be responsible for the billions of r selected overbreeding. The more we feed and care for the low IQ who can't build their own successful countries, the more of these "poor, starving, helpless" people we'll have to care for. But I suspect that those who wish to destroy The West know this.