"In the News" thread

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Hmmm, we have open carry in VA (anybody not restricted from owning a gun can carry it in the open, except where not permitted by other laws or private property rights), but you have to be permitted to legally carry concealed. I'm not actually sure I like the anyone anywhere carry. That's gotta be tough on cops. Does KC have its own restrictions beyond the state?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Missouri did pass the law and it went into effect Jan 1 2017. The only restrictions are government buildings and schools. I know businesses put signs up and the manager can kick you out, but it's not against the law. Obviously you can't go anywhere and drink with a gun.

I like the convenience of the law, but yeah, it's a bit worrisome. No bad incidents come to mind since Kansas passed it a few years ago.

Until I see a shootout in the street involving 5+ individual parties over a car accident, I'm going to say it makes no perceivable difference. KC is well grounded in midwest roots with coastal moderness, so people have their heads screwed on straight and are aware of things in the outside world.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
I think California still has OPEN UNLOADED CARRY. Which is just.. so stupid.

You can wear your gun on your person, but it cannot be loaded, and it can't be concealed (without a CC). So.. sure, let me walk around with my completely useless expensive pistol for the world to see.

Even regular Open Carry seems.. unnecessary? I think it should be legal, but discouraged, as not much good can really come from it, and what's the point other than trying to look like a bad ass? I feel like it'd make you an easy mark too if you're not super super proficient with it. I'm decent with my 226, and know which way points at the bad guys, but I don't think I'd feel comfy waltzing around with it on display.

That video.. jaysus.. at least it seems like it was semi auto.. did he even hit anything? The truck seems unphased.. not sure why the truck driver didn't just run him over.

I just don't know what you do with cities.. the criminals are going to get guns, regardless of the laws, but flooding the streets with legal guns doesn't seem like a great solution either. Get rid of cities?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Unloaded carry? Hah! That's like being able to drive a car without gas. Are you at least allowed to carry the magazine on you?

Open carry regardless of loaded or not always seemed like a good way of potentially getting your weapon stolen.

The guy in the truck...why not leave, the other way? It's a truck, drive over the curb or grass or fence. Screw getting shot at by morons.

Just don't go to cities. If the boobs there want to slaughter each other...:wave:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I just don't know what you do with cities.. the criminals are going to get guns, regardless of the laws, but flooding the streets with legal guns doesn't seem like a great solution either. Get rid of cities?
I think the answer is obvious...get rid of trigger fingers.

Seriously, have you ever tried to carry a gun AND shoot it with just four fingers??? It actually more like three because the thumb isn't going to do anything other than hold on for dear life to the grip.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
I mean, I don't doubt the other NSA has been scanning our emails for a while now, but it does suck to have it filter down to corporations.

Everything is less and less 'free' these days it seems. The internet was not the great freedom maker, it's ultimately the biggest chain you could attach yourself to.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've always wondered why they didn't long ago, too. The taxes they could collect let along all of the lobbying money. Is the tobacco industry afraid? I can't imagine why. Most (all? 🤔) pot smokers I know smoke cigarettes like a champ, especially after smoking pot. I know it's not scruples. They have none of those. What's the hold up?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I mean.. if thats true.. why wouldn't the one world governments want to legalize it faster? You'd have a whole nation of low wage idiots ready to do whatever you say (albeit slowly).
Because chronic smokers don’t want to do anything and don’t trust any system.

The report is 100% accurate from my 26yrs of experience and is the reason I can only partake for short spans with a two month break. The first week it’s the greatest medicine for all your ills and then if you are perceptive of yourself, you can see the subtle decline in cognitive ability and desire to withdraw from everything around you during the 2nd week. By the third week you are mush.

Obviously there are the people like Bill Maher that are highly functional, but I think we know there are exceptions to every trend. I wonder if the study takes into account the fact that people with troubles in their lives are more likely to smoke or find another crutch. Also, I notice a lot of my desire to withdraw is due to the fact that I feel guilty since I have to hide it. If it was legal and everyone in my circle accepted or participated (like when I was in my late teens), would I be antisocial or would I blossom like I did all those years ago? It’s hard to say, but I know it weighs heavily on my mind when on it since I don’t want anyone to know besides my woman (which we have no problems interacting even though she is sober).

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
I partake like.. I don't know, 2 or 3 times a year, and it's fun, but nothing I'd bother doing more often. I guess its legal here now but I just don't bother. I don't like the smell really.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
You know there are cases of horse steroids in her garage. She's more juiced than a russian weightlifter. They'll go full-"Weekend at Bernie's" if they have to. They just need to reach Jan 2020 where they can have the moral high-ground to force Trump to wait until after the election like the republicans did with Obama. (of course, the Dem's only agreed because they were certain of their victory... d'oh!)

I have zero faith that she's got 18 months, no matter what they juice her with.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Has local LE nationwide been taken over by the left? Or is it just higher up city officials that have that are handcuffing LE from doing their jobs?

BTW, that's nothing. Follow Colin Flaherty. That kind of stuff is regular occurrence, multiple times a day nationwide.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
On one hand, I think Twitter is terrible and no one should post anything on there if you think it could be questionable in 5-10 years.. people dig that shit up and nail you with it every time. It's not like someone can bring up a joke you told 8 years ago and get you fired.. I mean, I guess they could allege you said it, but that can be handwaved away.

On the other hand, there was a clearly weird 'pattern' of his posts about this. I don't know if I buy that he was a pedophile.. but his sense of humor was clearly wack.

The other other hand is that all of this was from 6-8-10 years ago.. that's a decent amount of time, and before he even started working on the GotG franchise. At what point should "I used to be an idiot, I'm not anymore" be applicable? I would say MOST of the people here are basically the same as they were when we started this thing, but I would imagine a few have changed. Would you all want your Hisstank posts to be used to describe who you are today?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If people are going to get fired for racist material, flimsy or not, then, yeah, pedo speak should take people down as well. IMO, pedo stuff is as bad as it gets. You make a joke here and there during discussion when something prompts it, sure, haha. But with no discussion? Just countless random thoughts about pedophilia??

Yeah, it was some years ago. But it supposedly stopped right when he got his Disney job. Doubtful that he coincidentally stopped having those kinds of thoughts. If it was socially acceptable, does anyone think he would've stopped?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I think there is a difference between someone making off-the-cuff remarks and the litany of creepy pedo comments that Gunn put out - lots of it did not look like a joke. Dude seems like a legitimate bag of shit.

I don't care if you're 28 or 58, "I was stupid then, I'm not now" doesn't begin to wash away the stink. His comments were bizarre and seemed brazenly proud of the fact that he either molests children or wants to. There's no defending that, and clearly Disney came to that conclusion too.