"In the News" thread

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Kids do not get to choose if they are poor. When they are poor, they live around poor older people who make dumb choices and therefore learn how to be poor. Hard to break the cycle unless you are extremely athletic or gifted.

Case in point:

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Yes, gifted. Just regular smart isn’t going to carry you out of there more times then not considering you have no control of your first 14yrs, your moral compass is learned from those around you and then fighting factors like infant malnutrition. It’s no different than a kid growing up in Palestine, taught from birth to hate Jews. Only the few have all the cards needed to escape.

I know it’s easy to say “they have tv, so they know what’s right in the rest of the world”, but it’s just not true. A family friend who did escape recalls the first time he was invited to dinner at a college friend’s parent’s house and that was the first time he had ever seen a family eat at a table. His single mother worked multiple jobs and so was never home. Him and his siblings were on their own morning to late night. He thought eating at the table with family was just something they did on television just like riding around on the Starship Enterprise. This is how much they must overcome.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I’m with you for the most part, but IQ and the role of chronic poverty plantation vote harvesting are as much a factor. The US economy, when unhindered by local, state and federal political pricks, is designed specifically to allow escape from poverty, and often does, when the escapee has intelligence or talent and drive (as you said). Evil smart people have designed a system to keep (marginally) lower IQ populations in exactly the situation you described, to their benefit and the people’s detriment.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Obviously IQ plays a factor in the disparity of success and the system has created this father-less society to compound the story I told above, but none of that matters to that 6yr old kid. Capitalism and scholarships allow the very best or the most determined to escape, but these kids are fighting against every odd, against everything they’ve been taught and even against what their hood friends want. I do not necessarily feel bad for them, but I certainly do try to look at it thru their shoes. Would I have made it out? Would I have had the determination to go against everything in my world or would I have went with my friends? One little fuck up of being with the wrong friends at the wrong time and you have wiped out any chance of a scholarship. Odds are stacked against you. This is why I respect those that make it.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Oh, absolutely! Those who do break out are overcoming decades of LBJ’s dems chaining them to each other and down by the proverbial balls. He made a rather infamous quote (I won’t repeat) about that...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Also, holy crap the Oscar noms are bad.. I haven't even heard of most of the movies! Usually there are 1 or 2 that I liked that I hope win something.. but this year.. yeesh. I used to enjoy the ridiculous spectacle of it all.. but skipped last year and probably will this year too.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
You can get arrested for calling 911 unnecessarily, especially if they think you are a danger to yourself or others.

The suspect was arrested for domestic-related charges of disorderly conduct and felony damage to property. Police estimate the man caused about $5,000 in damages.

The fate of the man’s action figures is unknown.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
The kids were doing something shady, the DRIVER was doing something shady....that's why no one reported anything. doesn't take a detective to figure that out.

hardcorps

The Unwashed
Mar 27, 2014
near Harrisburg, Pa
Very disappointing, the story about the guy destroying the home over his action figures. Like others said, it all depends on what the figures were.

One the NYS abortion law, this seems like a good idea, hopefully it will work to control their population. I mean, if we could only get jihadis to embrace abortions.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NJ-Man-Caught-on-Video-Tossing-Ice-Cubes-Onto-Floor-Faking-Fall-for-Insurance-Claim-Prosecutors-505156571.html

Reminds me of a time I was at a Target. I saw a little girl genuinely slip but NOT fall on some liquid. She walked away and came back with her mom. Her mom tells her to lay down then comes back with a Target employee. Seriously. I intercepted the manager coming and told her exactly what really happened.

Gosh dang pathetic people screwing up society. :shakefist:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I'm sure they got camera coverage on all that. They're stupid if they don't. As a guy whose wife took a legitimate fall (while pregnant) at a Walmart, that pisses me off. What pisses me off even more is that, even after Wally paid us off (I realize $1K was small change to them), they still had the same problem and years later my daughter took a (much milder) fall at another location. I laid into the assistant manager, but didn't file a complaint that time. BTW, use caution when walking near the water refill stations at Walmart (if you go there)... I can't believe they still have them, and still don't put slip proof flooring around them. :rolleyes:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I've been to WM a zillion times, and I have never come close to falling down. And if I did, I'd be incredibly embarrassed and mortified that someone might have seen. My own inability to walk properly would in no way cause it to cross my mind to sue the store or try to extract some kind of settlement from the merchant.

Maybe I'm sensitive to such things as a business owner, but when did it become the retailers job to bubble-wrap customers who come into the store? I understand being upset if a gallon of water-soluble lube spills in the main isle and no one cleans it up, creating a true hazard, but otherwise, people need to have some common decency. An egregious lack of shame is going to be our downfall as a society. Shame is now a bad word in our PC world, but it used to keep people in line, keep them from selling out their dignity for an unearned paycheck.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
An egregious lack of shame is going to be our downfall as a society. Shame is now a bad word in our PC world, but it used to keep people in line, keep them from selling out their dignity for an unearned paycheck.
Seriously, I rant about this regularly. It used to keep chicks from being proud to be whores. It used to keep people from bragging about being on welfare and trying to convince others to do it too. It used to keep families together. Stigma shamed people into being respectable members of a community and societies.

How in the heck do you get that back??