G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
There's a whole "green movement" in regards to what to do with the deceased. The chemicals they put into you for embalming are some of the most toxic. Then after a few years it gets really nasty, but with the way coffins are sealed and then placed into vaults, it's almost guaranteed to all stay sealed in. It's the below ground water table people get worried about and what happens when those vaults develop cracks or simply bust open and all that material starts seeping into it.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
My Dad was trying to get into a business where he'd take peoples bodies out into international water and dump them.. I mean.. set them to rest.. in the ocean.. for people who wanted to go back to nature or whatever. Don't think he ever got that off the ground though.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Again, I'm all for chemicaless, coffinless cemeteries. I also like the idea of planting a tree over the, uh, deceased. Knowing that that tree gained nutrients and is literally a part of your loved one could be cool AND "green". Headstones or plaques near the future tree would be cool too.

But turning your corpse into soil to be used?? *grossed out face*

What I personally want is to be cremated. When my wife dies and is cremated, our ashes would be mixed to together. Then either our ashes are planted with a tree and we turn into a tree together...awwww. OR (my actual preference) our ashes are mixed into a big cement ball (or heart shape) and engraved with whatever. Maybe "Together Forever" or something. Then tossed into a lake or pond in a national park. That seems MUCH longer lasting than a tree which will die or get cut down.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I love the idea of cemetery forests. I also intend to be cremated. I'd love to have my remains planted with a tree. I'm sure they could find pleasant and interesting ways to tag your tree. Somebody should get on that.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I guess your remains could be plated under an existing tree? Maybe bore under it and funnel down your ashes to ashes? This would be a much easier way of marking where you're located. With a newly plated tree, you couldn't mark the actual tree...until it grows up to be a big boy. And by that time, would there be anyone left that would care you're buried (or growing)?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Truly. We are considering burying (the ashes of) family on the wooded part of our property. We'll (barring something unforeseen) start with my folks and then each generation that continues to live there would follow. I'm sure we'll work out a means of marking so we can more easily "visit" them.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like the idea of family property, but if that falls out of the hands of family in the future, who knows how that land will be developed. I assume cemetery land and national park land are indefinitely safe from development...?

Maybe I should demand my ashes be buried in a toxic waste dump. Maybe I'll come back to life as a superhero! If not, I know at least that that land won't ever be developed. "C'mon, family. We're going to visit Eddie at the toxic waste dump."

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I like the concrete idea.. but if that took off would it be any different than the headstones we have now? Just in different places? I suppose if we made them into useful things it could be cool.. "Oh Steve? Yeah he died last year, he's part of the new expressway bypass ramp now!"

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
My Dad was trying to get into a business where he'd take peoples bodies out into international water and dump them.. I mean.. set them to rest.. in the ocean.. for people who wanted to go back to nature or whatever. Don't think he ever got that off the ground though.
There was a case of someone’s family trying to carry out the last wishes by dumping at sea and it took months of legal battles before they could.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Again, I'm all for chemicaless, coffinless cemeteries. I also like the idea of planting a tree over the, uh, deceased. Knowing that that tree gained nutrients and is literally a part of your loved one could be cool AND "green". Headstones or plaques near the future tree would be cool too.

But turning your corpse into soil to be used?? *grossed out face*

What I personally want is to be cremated. When my wife dies and is cremated, our ashes would be mixed to together. Then either our ashes are planted with a tree and we turn into a tree together...awwww. OR (my actual preference) our ashes are mixed into a big cement ball (or heart shape) and engraved with whatever. Maybe "Together Forever" or something. Then tossed into a lake or pond in a national park. That seems MUCH longer lasting than a tree which will die or get cut down.
Too bad you didn’t have any kids to carry out your wishes. You better die first or the crematory is going to toss your unclaimed remains in the back dumpster. :pirate:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I haven't cared enough (have no idea who this dude is) to follow this. I've heard bits and pieces in passing, but it keeps turning down every time I hear about it (MAGA hats! No, ski masks but hurling slurs! Whatever the latest story is...). Pretty soon it'll turn out to be the rope his boyfriend tied him up with... :rolleyes:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I really think it didn't get the traction that he/they wanted it to. I think they were hoping for a Ferguson-like response or something. You can only cry wolf so many times before people stop showing up with pitchforks and torches.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com